It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COICA law - say goodbye to internet freedom

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
What we need to safeguard the future of the internet is our own damn satellite network for the people of earth funded by the people of earth.
If we start an ATS satellite network drive we can raise cash to purchase a satellite network then use a space agency to launch it as a project , we have our own internet that anyone in the world can join.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
What we need to safeguard the future of the internet is our own damn satellite network for the people of earth funded by the people of earth.
If we start an ATS satellite network drive we can raise cash to purchase a satellite network then use a space agency to launch it as a project , we have our own internet that anyone in the world can join.

yeah like the wouldn't blow that shizzzz right out of orbit.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I read the bill, and it seems like this is directed towards copyright infringement. They aren't really censoring anything yet except pirating. But it does set the stage for the next step, which is censorship of anything they want. Like being one of those "racist/terrorist" tea partiers.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

Guys I am not a violent person although if this was serious enough I would revolt. I seen a thread the other day about a backup plan for ats if something like this happened and to participate you would probably have to become very tech savy very fast. There are methods involving going underground through dial up as well as various other ways to avoid the governments ban on certain sites. So no matter what the gvnt. does unless it shuts the entire internet down we will never lose the sites we love.
Star and Flag

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by iceblue20-12

Luckily that stupid filter will never be implemented. There is a huge base of opponents of the filter, pisses me off whenever i see conroy talking crap about that stupid thing, its obvious he hasnt got a clue about how the internet works. People wont stand for it.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

if you own a i"device" look up how to jailbreak it. jailbreaking introduces so much more functionality that its not even funny

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
As soon as the internet becomes too censored there will be people starting their own version of the internet, as a matter of fact some are already working on an alternative internet, no names come to mind.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
They are not shutting the Internet down!

It's a policy to basically knock the doors down of criminals who host illegal pirated goods that infringe the copyright of an artist or company.

Nothing will change that much, seriously, Ive been keeping an eye on the whole Internet2 thing for a long time now, only a slight change will happen. That change will just mean that more people will have to learn how to use Linux, UNIX and also learn how to use Newsgroups, Internet Relay Chat (IRC), setting up seeding boxes, compiling a program from binary and general oldskool hacking methods.

I actually cant wait.
The Internet is anonymous and there is no headquarters for the Internet.

I find it laughable that the feds and all these corporate figures think they can stop copyright infringement on the Internet, you can't, you just can't its impossible.

If the worst scenario was our ISP's only allowed us on certain IP addresses (HTTP servers etc), then people would be dealing pirated files on the street corners.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The FreeNet Project. A Distributed Anonymous Information Storage and Retrieval System. for secure file sharing and setting up a darknet.

anoNet a similar non-centralized anonymous network.

Darknet Conglomeration peer to peer VPN

MuteNET open source anonymous file sharing.

Invisible IRC project an IRC proxy

invisible internet project I2P is an anonymous peer-to-peer distributed communication layer designed to run any traditional internet service (e.g. Usenet, E-mail, IRC, file sharing, Web hosting and HTTP, Telnet), as well as more traditional distributed applications (e.g. a distributed data store, a web proxy network using Squid cache, and DNS).

Garlic Routing

PErfect Dark a P2P client which relies on a mixnet and distributed datastore to provide anonymity

ATS thread on alternative communications information on Packet Radio. can be used as Cipherspace via completely seporate communications infrastructure

"This is our world now... the world of the electron and the switch, the beauty of the baud."

just a few things you all might want to start checking out. if your into freedom.

edit on 26-10-2010 by RelentlessLurker because: additions, subtractions, multiplications, and plenty of divisions.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Awww man, how am I going to stea...uh research all the stuff I want anymore. Everything should be free, except of course whatever it is I do for a living.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
heh, clowns don't give up rueful, moronic attempts to suppress Matter of Truth
so far, they cannot comprehend Matter of the Simple: another way must be accepted to survive
to clutch at the straw of the old, clownish schemes is very useful method to engrave oneselves

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TylerKing
Awww man, how am I going to stea...uh research all the stuff I want anymore. Everything should be free, except of course whatever it is I do for a living.

Like you never downloaded a song!! HYPOCRITICAL!

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_denv
They are not shutting the Internet down!

It's a policy to basically knock the doors down of criminals who host illegal pirated goods that infringe the copyright of an artist or company.

Nothing will change that much, seriously, Ive been keeping an eye on the whole Internet2 thing for a long time now, only a slight change will happen. That change will just mean that more people will have to learn how to use Linux, UNIX and also learn how to use Newsgroups, Internet Relay Chat (IRC), setting up seeding boxes, compiling a program from binary and general oldskool hacking methods.

I actually cant wait.
The Internet is anonymous and there is no headquarters for the Internet.

I find it laughable that the feds and all these corporate figures think they can stop copyright infringement on the Internet, you can't, you just can't its impossible.

If the worst scenario was our ISP's only allowed us on certain IP addresses (HTTP servers etc), then people would be dealing pirated files on the street corners.

Thank YOu i feel so much better

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicacd36
reply to post by PsychNurse

I think your wrong. Not insulting you or anything but I think the US government has more influence in the Canadian than you know.

Thanks for the response... I'm actually enjoying this conversation. Of course they do... The Canadian government allowed the CIA to test '___' on our Psychiatric patients in Toronto, they sprayed Agent Orange on the base in New Brunswick and apparently continue to experiment with chem trails over Ontario and Western Canada.

Project MKULTRA, or MK-ULTRA, was the code name for a covert, illegal CIA human research program, run by the Office of Scientific Intelligence. This official U.S. government program began in the early 1950s, continuing at least through the late 1960s, and it used U.S. and Canadian citizens as its test subjects.

en.wikipedia.org...

The U.S. military, with the permission of the Canadian government, tested herbicides, including Agent Orange, in the forests near the Canadian Forces Base Gagetown in New Brunswick in 1966 and 1967. On September 12, 2007, Greg Thompson, Minister of Veterans Affairs, announced that the government of Canada was offering a one-time ex gratia payment of $20,000 as the compensation package for Agent Orange exposure at CFB Gagetown.

en.wikipedia.org...

I actually visited what is now known as Mental Health Centre Penetanguishene in a Forensic Conference and had a tour of the area where these people were experimented on... barbaric to say the least. Example of one area. 30 people in a gated room... 1 toilette, no beds... meals passed through the door slide... '___' in the food. When short staffed on nights and something happened, all the doors were on a single network and had to be opened at once... the doors were not opened... they waited till morning to clean up the mess. So no I don't believe I'm being niave. I just believe there are limits to everything. When a ship starts to sink... people get off. Take a look around... people are getting off the US Titanic voyage... Soon the space program may meld the international community together. But right now I see discontent in the international community.
edit on 26-10-2010 by PsychNurse because: Add quote

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
You know how people always predict that the "next war" will be over Water? Well, perhaps the next war will be over the Internet as a resource. Just sayin'....

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Welcome to China.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The Internet cannot be stopped!
I was going to quantify that statement with a long, drawn out explanation, but I think you know what I mean

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is a thread I wrote a few days ago regarding what to do if this happens. Now that it appears that it will happen I advice you to take part in this thread.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
looks like a modest start towards darknet and a way of fighting this. I think there should be a few linux sources kicking around that could be handy to mod.

What I think should happen is a patch within network libraries could encrypt communications using a protocol that is impossible to crack (such as DEC 256 or similar) and use torrent client to send/receive data, establish client lists of packet forwarding addresses (like p2p) and establish a centralized domain name space that cuts the head off of the us's method for restricting websites world wide.

They only can remove the name, not the ip, they cannot do anything about the ip of a server in another country to remove visibility of that ip to others in that country. It is important to bypass w3c lunacy which was setup in the first place to lay out the ground work for government control and guide the internet into THEIR SPY TOOL for use with echalon and the total information awareness network.

Nowadays they use laptops, smart phones, palm and windows ce devices to act as silent observers. Ever wonder what that random data is that the cell phone seems to send/receive so often? (it's a little more than what is needed for normal idle operation). The system will never be-able to shut down the internet, if they try people will ditch their microsoft government whore os and replace it with linux that will stay a step ahead of this kill switch attempt.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Nice.. I suppose Google will be having a fire sale soon.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join