It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The war next door: Horrific brutality of Mexican cartels 'makes Al Qaeda look tame'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The war next door: Horrific brutality of Mexican cartels 'makes Al Qaeda look tame'

The level of violence between warring drug-trafficking cartels has been compared to terrorism, with one former DEA officer saying: 'I think they make al Qaeda look tame in terms of what they do.' Vicious cartels fight with each other over turf and the authorities over smuggling routes to the U.S. and distribution rights in Mexican neighbourhoods.

Related News Links:
www.washingtonpost.com
www.cbsnews.com
www.voanews.com
www.heritage.org

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Gunmen attack Mexico rehab center, at least 10 die
Mexico nabs gang leader in US consulate killing
Mexican Candidate for Governor Is Assassinated
What happens when Art imitates Life in Mexico's brutal Drug War: Famous Mexican musician murdered
edit on 25-10-2010 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-10-2010 by Jakes51 because: formatting errors

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
As the United States is running and gunning in the deserts of the Middle East and the mountains of central Asia playing keystone cops with Al Qaeda, a war of terror is taking at its very doorstep in Mexico.

From the article above some sobering figures have arisen during President Felipe Calderon's 4-year offensive against the drug cartels, and the human cost is absolutely staggering.

In the nearly four years since Mexican President Felipe Calderon, firmly supported by the U.S. government, launched an unprecedented attack on Mexico's drug kingpins, nearly 30,000 people have been killed.

That averages at more than 20 a day.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

There is a massacre taking place down there, and it is only a matter of time before it spills over. In Mexico, there are killings of people wholesale, beheadings, car bombings, and executions of celebrities, government officials, and politicians. Some attribute the spike in violence as a signal of efforts by the central government to disrupt the cartels activities as working?

As I see it, they are going through survival of fittest, consolidating, and using the Mexican military to take out competition rather than do it themselves. One thing is for certain, the US population needs to be weened off their excessive reliance on illegal narcotics. As long as that is in place, there will always be someone who will fight tooth and nail to get their goods to market and fulfill demand.

If there is a market for illegal drugs, there will always be cartels and each fighting the other for access, destroying competition, and hostile takeovers. A hostile takeover among businessmen in the black market usually involves massacres, chaos, and mayhem. That is precisely what is happening in Mexico. In the meantime, the US had better get their priorities in order or they may be dealing with massacres akin to Mexico's in cities like San Diego, Phoenix, or El Paso.

Perhaps, aide ought to be more profound than cutting a check to the Mexican government, but actually augmenting the drug fighting efforts with advisers similar to what was done in Columbia during the 1980's. Since then, Columbia is a shell of its former self, and violence from the drug trade has largely decline since those days. If it worked then, why would a similar strategy not work in Mexico?

How can we be certain that some of the funding from US is not finding its way into the hands of the cartels given Mexico's notorious corruption problems? In closing, I found a quote by a former DEA agent from the article as quite interesting as they discussed the brutality and barbarism of the cartels,

"'I think they make al Qaeda look tame in terms of what they do."

www.dailymail.co.uk...

With that quote in mind, it seems the US has their priorities mixed up at the moment?

(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 25-10-2010 by Jakes51 because: formatting errors and editing from DEA agent to 'former DEA for clarity.'

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

It almost makes you think, if the Cartels moved further inland and South American forces moved into America through Mexico..... the Cubans aiding of course.... then Russia and China can send forces down through Canada.... an invasion on US soil could happen easily..... our forces would be cut off from us to help by the divide..... and we would have to fend for ourselves..... wow what an opportunity for the world to renege on whatever black deals they made with the US government and assume power..... Britain and France are in economic spirals, leaving them very unlikely to help much.... Canada would be dealing with an occupation because I doubt Canada can deal with Russian and Chinese military might..... Russians have mastered worse terrain like Siberia...... Red Dawn the movie but in real life
edit on 25-10-2010 by fonenyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The war on narcotics is BS of the highest order. Yes narcotics are bad for people, no doubt there, but who benefits from a controlled market and high prices? Is it the street dealers, drug users or wholesale suppliers?

Who are the wholesale suppliers and how do they get access to america's streets? Who lets the drugs in and how? Please don't tell me one or two custom agents here and there cause your naive if you believe that. Its an organised racket, so high that no one suspects....Isn't that true with large scale weapons exportation to "rogue" international groups?

Good thread OP and yes the mexican "gangs" are consolidating to a large degree.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
check blog del narco for a front row seat..yes bring all the troops back.
let the corporations pay blackwater to do their dirty work.
i live in arizona - clean my weapon every day..
i'm not a stupid fat racist - i'm not a redneck cowboy.
i'm a realist stuck in the middle of this .
and i can see i'm left to fend for myself.
homeland security my left ass cheek - all this -
all of it aimed to control us -not defend us.
the overlords and drug lords will be as thick as thieves.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by p51mustang

Are those the lyrics to a song... or a poem that doesn't rhyme? Good Lord, use some complete sentences.

Anyway, I saw a video the other day that made me open my eyes. I saw a man being beheaded by members of a cartel. I didn't think it was possible for my fellow countrymen to do this to each other. I said it opened my eyes because I didn't think it was that bad down there, but note that I didn't say that it changed my mind. The culprits in the end are the same ones I've been pointing to all along. The Mexican and US government. Both governments are responsible for this. They continue on a course of action that has only worsened the crime. Because before they started this supposed war on drugs things were not as bad. And any American and/or Mexican can tell you that it wasn't as bad. The administrations of the last 15 or so years for both countries have seriously screwed both peoples over.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
This blog has been covering the drug wars daily, with pictures and info that will make you sick. All sides are also posting comments, brags, threats, etc.

www.blogdelnarco.com...

It has a translation feature, or you can use Google translate.

It's the best source of information I've found so far about what's going on in Mexico.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 3vilscript

scary thing is i think like i write..one guy said i write like capt.kirk talks.
other scary thing is i'm right,albeit disjointed.
i've had my 19th nervous breakdown
and can barely string coherence together..
i'm that crazy old coot now- but i used to be all there.
"mostly cloudly with a chance of brilliance."

edit on 25-10-2010 by p51mustang because: punctuation is for punks

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The war next door: Horrific brutality of Mexican cartels 'makes Al Qaeda look tame' ???

Oh?

I'd say the horrific brutality of the American/Israeli war machine makes the rest of the world and all of history look tamer than tame. It makes the rest look like saintly angels descended from Heaven.

DON'T make me post pics please. I'm about to eat.

But umm....Yep...
edit on Mon Oct 25th 2010 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
so from my vantage point in phoenix and contacts closer to the border
(bisbee/ara vaca/yuma) it is wild west shoot out times.
2 tons of black tar heroin found in a truck in yuma today.
i also have a spot in costa rica where the uas sent
47 warships ,200 helicopters, 7000 marines..
tell me what sense that makes good lord.
billions squandered on this deadly farce.
now arizona is bristling with guns-
now we see we are on our own-
ready to get bad to the bone.
rap your head around that
hippycritters.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
This vilolence is due to the power shift initiated by the US DEA. Most of the violence in the world seems to originate in the US. We think the Aztecs were bloody, look what pointless wars the US starts.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by fonenyc
reply to post by Jakes51

It almost makes you think, if the Cartels moved further inland and South American forces moved into America through Mexico..... the Cubans aiding of course.... then Russia and China can send forces down through Canada.... an invasion on US soil could happen easily..... our forces would be cut off from us to help by the divide..... and we would have to fend for ourselves..... wow what an opportunity for the world to renege on whatever black deals they made with the US government and assume power..... Britain and France are in economic spirals, leaving them very unlikely to help much.... Canada would be dealing with an occupation because I doubt Canada can deal with Russian and Chinese military might..... Russians have mastered worse terrain like Siberia...... Red Dawn the movie but in real life

Just because Canada refers to the troops as "army men" and not soldiers ..... don't underestimate them. there is no doubt Canada would put up a good fight!!

Not the size of the MIGHTY ARROGANT Americans, but most definitely not some little piss ant country to worry about.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by svpwizard

Originally posted by fonenyc
reply to post by Jakes51

good thing cuz damn , what would we ever do without Canada and all those beautiful women?
Just because Canada refers to the troops as "army men" and not soldiers ..... don't underestimate them. there is no doubt Canada would put up a good fight!!

Not the size of the MIGHTY ARROGANT Americans, but most definitely not some little piss ant country to worry about.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Red Dawn ll coming coming soon..from hollywood..
True Grit is being remade also.
be mindful of the movieland agenda - the ministry of propaganda-
with big inputs from the military-petro-chemical-pharma- corps.
survivalist stuff like the road
disaster stuff like 2012
war/tech,ufo battles,warcraft fantasies,epic hero cartoons- like the 300
against the axle of evil- islamic, chinese, mexicans..like machete!
all these layers of propaganda from john wayne to denzel washington.
amped up on monster drinks, xbox 360 wargasm stimulators for kids..
locked and loaded?
this is your brain on america

top topics

join