It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google CEO: "Don’t Like Google Street View Photographing Your House? Then Move"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Google CEO Eric Schmidt says the company’s “policy is to get right up to the creepy line and not cross it.” And while that may be true of Google, it’s clearly not true of Schmidt, who lately has been happily high stepping across the creepy line like the grand marshal of the Tone-Deaf Technocrat Parade.

In the past year alone he has: Addressed criticisms of Google’s stance on privacy by saying, “If you have something that you don’t want anyone to know, maybe you shouldn’t be doing it in the first place.”

Claimed people want Google to “tell them what they should be doing next.” Said of Google, “We know where you are. We know where you’ve been. We can more or less know what you’re thinking about.”

Said this: “One day we had a conversation where we figured we could just try to predict the stock market. And then we decided it was illegal. So we stopped doing that.”

Suggested name changes to protect adults from the Web’s record of their youthful indiscretions. Said this: “What we’re really doing is building an augmented version of humanity, building computers to help humans do the things they don’t do well better.”

And Schmidt’s far from done. Appearing on CNN’s “Parker Spitzer” program last week, he said that people who don’t like Google’s Street View cars taking pictures of their homes and businesses “can just move” afterward to protect their privacy.

At what point will something be done to stop this idiot and the company he runs? They obviously have zero respect for people, or more importantly, privacy.

This company poses a danger to everyone and everything it touches.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Isnt that considered an infringement of the 4th Amendment? In some way shape or form? Man, just comes to show what happens when a company gets to big for their britches. They think they are Gods!

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by 2Rotten4u

It's not a violation of the 4th Amendment since the government isnt doing it. However, this is still one of the most atrocious practices ever put forth by a business.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
ok, see your point. But is it possible that Google, behind closed doors are working for the government as the ever " watchful eye"?

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Google Admits It Captured Emails, Passwords From WiFi Networks
by Wendy Davis, Yesterday, 8:21 PM
www.mediapost.com...

Google on Friday acknowledged for the first time that its Street View cars collected far more than meaningless fragments of traffic from unsecured WiFi networks.

"In some instances entire emails and URLs were captured, as well as passwords," Alan Eustace, senior vice president for engineering and research, said in a blog post. "We are mortified by what happened," he continued,...

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Well, except for the whole email scandal going on now, which they came forth, admitted, and said they are deleting it, the whole google street thing doesn't bother me. Its the same as someone driving down a road and taking a picture...they have every right.

and he is right...if you dont like it, move...well, move to some cave in nowheresville where they have no public roads nearby..thats just how things work
Frankly, I don't understand why they spend soo much time blocking out peoples faces, license plates, etc..they don't have to, these people and objects are out in public and expect no privacy.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Hey i done a thread about something similar. Here in Spain a judge ordered a Google Rep to appear in court.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
That's one thing that bothers me, they want to be all sneeky and be the ever " watchful" eye, but yet introduce censorship to the media so we cant get the full story, regardless of the topic. I know in some countries, they can see video of war, famine etc with no editing on their television, but yet here in America, we are constantly left in the dark~

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

They have the right to take pictures of your homes. They don't have the right to steal your personal informations like your emails, your passwords, and your accounts. For all we know they could be stealing people's credit cards information. If you or I did this we would be arrested. But when google does it? It's completely fine. Go right ahead. They can steal all our stuff if they want to. It's complete hypocrisy.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Google will soon pose almost as big of a threat to people as the United States government currently does.

The only difference is it will be a a cancer known as Eric Schmidt calling the shots instead of criminals in DC.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater
Google will soon pose almost as big of a threat to people as the United States government currently does.

The only difference is it will be a a cancer known as Eric Schmidt calling the shots instead of criminals in DC.

Think you hit that one on the bulls eye! Its disheartening to see what our country has become! The founding fathers are probably disgusted!

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
There is no privacy issue if your house is visible from public street. If you have a problem with that then move to some place isolated.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

You dont actually think Google must adhere to the same rules that private citizens do, do you?

Hopefully you are not delusional.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Well, except for the whole email scandal going on now, which they came forth, admitted, and said they are deleting it, the whole google street thing doesn't bother me. Its the same as someone driving down a road and taking a picture...they have every right.

and he is right...if you dont like it, move...well, move to some cave in nowheresville where they have no public roads nearby..thats just how things work
Frankly, I don't understand why they spend soo much time blocking out peoples faces, license plates, etc..they don't have to, these people and objects are out in public and expect no privacy.

I agree with you SaturnFX, and a couple of other posters, and honestly don't understand the other side of the situation. I've driven down a road taking video as I drive and I've taken pictures along roads and have captured houses, businesses, people, cars and license plates among other things. There's nothing stopping me from uploading them and making them available to the public who can see the same thing if they were to drive, walk or visit the same area. Maybe someone can enlighten me to how I'm seeing this wrong but I honestly don't understand the issue with Google street view.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

Why only a threat to the US? They've taken photos of all our houses in Australia too and stole passwords and e-mails too..

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
in my opinion...even though they say they are going to delete all that private information doesn't mean they aren't going to keep portions of it or maybe even all of it saved to some different hard drive and then just show themselves as having deleted the old copied ones...I honestly wouldn't put it past them to be honest. And if they did it once doesn't mean they can't do it again, just more secretly. Good bye privacy, hello corporate watchdog.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

There is no way they did not know what they where doing.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

There is no separate constitution for businesses. Wheter it's google or any other company.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Terraservers are the patty cake to get us used to the idea of being watched. Orwell called it Big Brother... we just call it Google. *smug*

top topics

join