It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby dies as family jumps out apartment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Baby dies as family jumps out apartment

www.torontosun.com

A four-month-old baby is dead and 10 other people are injured in the small town of La Verriere, west of Paris, France after they jumped out of their apartment's third-storey window after believing to have seen the devil.

"Thirteen people were in an apartment (watching TV) on the second floor when, at around 3a.m., one of the occupants heard his child crying," Odile Faivre, the deputy prosecutor in Versailles told Sky News. "The man in question, of African origin, who was completely naked, got up to feed his child, at which point the other occupants took him for the devil."

The man,
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
it's yet another case of the religious madness,now they still have no real answers on why this happen,but this strikes of people under the influence of drugs,for the fact that they were all up at 3 in the morning.by the sounds of it,the man they belived to be the devil,was infact getting up to feed his baby,that was crying,no doubt sleeps naked,but these people must been off there heads,to all jump up out of the window,it seems that some of them even attacked him,but as his baby must of been in the apartment still crying his broke back in...very weird situation..or he was a really big ugly dangerous man..but to jump out the window with kids,and even a 2 year..

VOODOO MADNESS.at its best..

www.torontosun.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 25-10-2010 by snapperski because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
That's religion for ya! Religion has been the cause of more violence, war, famine and plagues. Is it any wonder this kinda crap happens?

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by snapperski

Sad. Poor baby.

But...... natural selection can be cruel sometimes. The gene pool is better off. In my opinion, no amount of religion should trump your common sense and 5 senses. If you feel safer jumping out of a 3rd story window than you do investigating a potential intruder in your own apartment, then hopefully the jump kills you.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Mainstream news is certainly filling up with bizarre stories. First the crocodile on the plane and now this.

I reckon the lady that started this off probably had a horrendously scary scream and the noise of that is what caused them all to panic. Most folk would laugh at someone getting a fright but her fright appears to have been contageous and they all panicked. The alternative would be a mass hallucination and they all saw the devil. Or maybe they really did see the devil

Poor wee baby, and the little toddler who's seriously injured. Hope he or she survives this.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Wow, what a tragic and tragically weird story, all rolled up into one. Where they high on drugs, or just crazy bible thumpers?

I wouldn't blame this particular incident on religion because I'm not religious, yet I would be over the balcony too, had I saw the devil in my apartment. With that being said, I wouldn't be high on drugs either, especially when children are home and part of the equation.

--airspoon

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

LOL!

I'm pretty sure you would first make sure it really was the devil and not some naked roommate (that must be some serious ugly!). After ascertaining that it was in fact the devil, you would probably choose the door instead of the window! Or, in all likelihood, if it were actually the devil, you would be frozen with fear or overcome by some supernatural power.

Grabbing the kids and jumping to your death doesn't seem like a good solution to the problem.

Personally, my 500,000 candlepower Xenon light on the front of my 12 guage, double pistol grip, shotgun would make identification of the devil very easy! Under that intense spotlight, if it still looked like the devil, two rounds would put him over the balcony instead of me!

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

...... natural selection can be cruel sometimes. The gene pool is better off.

I found that line of thought nearly as disturbing as the original news story in the OP.

Well done.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
But naked or not the dude must have been one scary MOFO if all the drug addicts acted in the same manner.
At least this gives all the religion bashers on ATS a good reason to attempt to blame this on faith...Hell ya.. sweet.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Topic posted by me earlier today here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
If I thought I saw the devil I would go get my Trishul and fight him off

Read about this story I think yesterday or the day before
I thought it was kinda funny until you realize there was a baby involved.

This may have something to do with religion, maybe not
A bible thumper would see the devil and an atheist might have though he saw an Alien.

What difference does it make?
Either way i'm running for my Trishul!

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
To mistake a man for the devil is madness - even if he was ugly. Had not any of these people see this man before and knew who he was? And yet another innocent baby dead and a little one injured. Religion is the root of all evil IMO.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Didn't you guys know? The devil always comes out at night! Especially that early in the morning....... in the second floor of an apartment.... at 3 a.m., ........near paris.... where people sleep naked..... and have...infants........and are watching tv...... and yeah.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

LOL!

Glad I could contribute.

You have to admit, with almost 7 billion people on the planet, and people starving, dying, killing each other, and finding unique ways to make themselves dead all the time, you have to admit that mother nature has a way of fixing things.

A little light, a little shadow, a little herb, and voila! Illusion of Devil + Lack of adequate synapses = Jump out the window! Hard to be upset about this one. I said "poor baby," but it was better off going now and not growing up around those folks.

edit on 25-10-2010 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
personally,i think they were all on acid,also into voodoo and religious,otherwise they woundn't of belived the man was the devil,and it seems some of them,did infact investigate this naked devil man,as he was stabbed in the hand,so it seems like there was some sort of fight,but was this naked man on off his head aswell,and just had some drugged up look of contoursion on his face,that scared the life out of everyone,and did this naked man act insane from the fact he was also off his head on drugs,but gave the police a different story to what really happen that night,once he had come down from his drugs,and realized what had happen.?
edit on 25-10-2010 by snapperski because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I like how the article points out that the supposed devil is "of african origin".

on another note, its quite common sense to know that you don't mix certain things with hallucinogens; babies and guns to name a few.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tempesillest

The article said no evidence of hallucinogens was found. That is all just speculation on ATS. It also says that the supposed devil was stabbed and thrown out the window, then he returned and possibly "forced" everyone else out the window.

Now here is some pure speculation, but if I had an apartment and 14 people with multiple kids were staying there, and at 3 a.m. I awoke to a crying baby while the rest of the losers were watching TV and doing nothing about it, and I got up, buck naked, and tended to the baby, and some idiot freaked out, stabbed me, and threw me out the window..........by the time I got back up the stairs, you could bet that the vision of the Devil would be 100% REAL, and anybody that didn't jump willingly would soon be tossed out that same window!!

I say it is justifiable homicide/assault/self-defense with a touch of temporary sanity (not a typo).

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Maybe they all mistook a certain body part as a tail, they did say the guy was naked. It's hard to feel sorry for these adults.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by tempesillest

The article said no evidence of hallucinogens was found. That is all just speculation on ATS. It also says that the supposed devil was stabbed and thrown out the window, then he returned and possibly "forced" everyone else out the window.

Now here is some pure speculation, but if I had an apartment and 14 people with multiple kids were staying there, and at 3 a.m. I awoke to a crying baby while the rest of the losers were watching TV and doing nothing about it, and I got up, buck naked, and tended to the baby, and some idiot freaked out, stabbed me, and threw me out the window..........by the time I got back up the stairs, you could bet that the vision of the Devil would be 100% REAL, and anybody that didn't jump willingly would soon be tossed out that same window!!

I say it is justifiable homicide/assault/self-defense with a touch of temporary sanity (not a typo).

thats quite plausible and sounds closer to the truth !....the naked man just lost the plot,with a face like thunder,it would explain the naked mans injury's in the struggle...sounds like he f@#k them up good..

and would explain them beliveing the devil took him over !

top topics

join