It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe Jesus Was Only Talking to the Apostles . . .

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Michael Cecil

Originally posted by 2Rotten4u
reply to post by Michael Cecil

But in the writings of the Bible, J.C. suggests one lesson over and over again, and that is free will.

Free will is a doctrine of secular philosophy.

But you're quoted in saying, " Interpretation is an activity of the consciousness of the 'thinker' and exists in the realm of belief rather than Knowledge. " Wouldn't the knowledge of knowing "Free Will" supersede the need for interpretation as you would suggest?

I don't acknowledge any "need for interpretation".

If a person has not himself or herself received Revelations, the appropriate course of action is to....

KEEP ONE'S MOUTH SHUT...

Rather than merely trying to guess about things of which they have no Knowledge.

Michael

But wouldn't that be in direct violation of the First Amendment? Allowing one to make an opinion or otherwise?

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2Rotten4u

But wouldn't that be in direct violation of the First Amendment? Allowing one to make an opinion or otherwise?

Guessing that the Doctrine of "resurrection" is the raising of a dead physical body from the grave resulted in the crucifixion--the Pharisees being infuriated because Jesus had Knowledge of the "resurrection" and did not need to guess.

Guessing that the reason for the crucifixion was the doctrine of "vicarious atonement" for sin--requiring, of course, the guess that Jesus is 'God', by the Pharisee Paul--resulted in the Holocaust.

And, for the "beast of the earth"-Jewish, Christian and Muslim religious 'authorities', the "beast of the sea"-politicians, and the "dragon"-media officials to guess that they can simply ignore, without any untoward consequences at all, this fundamental Revelation in the pursuit of genuine Peace in the Middle East will result in the horrors of the coming "time of trouble".

So many people are completely concerned only about their "freedom of speech", never minding that they have the responsibility to tell the Truth and not to guess about things of which they have no Knowledge.

Michael

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Matthew 26:28
For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins

From his mouth

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by iamnot

Which is shed for many? 1 person's blood being shed for 12 disciples plus any other followers who would be hunted down as part of his gang sounds like shedding blood for many (as opposed to oneself). There is nothing in that statement, aside from your radical interpretation of the word "many", that would even suggest salvation for all mankind in perpetuity, let alone definitively stating it.
edit on 27-10-2010 by RobertAntonWeishaupt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by RobertAntonWeishaupt
reply to post by iamnot

Which is shed for many? 1 person's blood being shed for 12 disciples plus any other followers who would be hunted down as part of his gang sounds like shedding blood for many (as opposed to oneself). There is nothing in that statement, aside from your radical interpretation of the word "many", that would even suggest salvation for all mankind in perpetuity, let alone definitively stating it

Add to that the Truth about the Doctrine of "resurrection": that those 12 disciples would live many, many, many lives after they were 'raised from the dead'.

There is, of course, NO END to the "resurrection" or the number of lives a person lives.

This, after all, is the meaning of the term "Eternal Life" as Jesus used that term...

NOT any 'eternal existence' in any metaphysial 'heaven'; which is a doctrine of pagan, metaphysical philosophy.

Michael

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
To be Honest i do not think, that anyone can give you a clear answer. However my opinion is that Jesus with his death upon the cross made clear what man could suffer, when opposes against a dominate religious system.
And since his teaching was only to love your God, and Treat your human fellow as you treat your self, upon that my opinion is , when is been said that "Jesus died for our sins" it simply means that He died cause the humanity sinned by following the wrong teachings. And when is been said that "If you want Salvation follow the teachings of Jesus Christ", i do not think you will find many Christians that will carry that Cross.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seed76 To be Honest i do not think, that anyone can give you a clear answer.

This is what the theologians typically say; that, because they "cannot answer a question, no one can answer the question. It is a 'mystery'....

But give me your money anyway."

Michael
edit on 27-10-2010 by Michael Cecil because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Michael Cecil

Originally posted by Seed76 To be Honest i do not think, that anyone can give you a clear answer.

This is what the theologians typically say; that, because they "cannot answer a question, no one can answer the question. It is a 'mystery'....

But give me your money anyway."

Michael
edit on 27-10-2010 by Michael Cecil because: (no reason given)

Hi Michael,

And what makes you think that I am Theologian???

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
ok no bible quotes- one night when I picked up a pocket NT and as soon as I opened the cover but before reading anything (in fact had just days earlier been saying God and Christian anything was for the weakminded) I heard an audible voice as if sitting on my left that said my name then " I am Jesus I died for your sins believe in Me and you will never perish" exceedingly awestruck I suddenly stood to my feet turned to the voice and said yes Lord

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seed76
Hi Michael, And what makes you think that I am Theologian???

To my experience, everyone is a theologian in one way or another.

But I did not mean to imply that you were a paid theologian. All I was noting was the similarity of your response to something I have heard, in one way or another, probably dozens of times from paid theologians over the past 34 years.

Michael

top topics

<< 1   >>

join