It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sphinx Origins and a Final Link to Pre-Dynastic Egypt

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

In essence your very reply is responding and breaking the silence (obviously), even to tell that person you are ignoring them. The need to tell them is redundant but as soon as you make contact, your no longer simply ignoring.

Apologies for this off-topic input into your tiff/dispute. Life's too short to be angry or annoyed in that way at one another. There's nothing better than a lively discussion with at times differing opinions, thoughts and theories. But don't let it get to the point where nothing gets done and communication stops. Otherwise what was the point in the first place. In hindsight, avoid the original discussion or disagreement and save yourselfs the stress of conflict.

Sounds easy but then we are only human and at times those lively debates lead to new and better truths.

Apart from that, as the title of this thread is now obsolete, since I have re-evaluated my theory on the age of the Sphinx. All in all it was still productive, many of those that read or contributed (myself included) still learnt new facts, expanded on theories and opened the path for more knowledge to be passed along or exchanged.

I want to thank Byrd and Heart amongst others as they have spent alot of time trying to convince me or the potential readers of this thread that my theory was poorly thought out. I hope they get the message and know it wasn't a waste of your time.

I am envious that I did not take a similar academic path. I'm trying to learn more about the language and heiroglyphs. For pictograms and images, it's complex. Highly context driven and can at times be seemingly subjective.

The gods seem to have evolved that way. The meanings assigned to and behind Horus of the first Dynasty could have differed greatly from the Horus of say the 18th Dynasty. The imagery suggests just that, the gods imagery evolved over time, blending in with new ideas or systems of belief understanding (the gods)

For example when I see Horus and Thoth connected or merged at a time in history during a certain dynasty beit through a new name, a sibling, offspring or other type of union, that lead to a new understanding. In this case written knowledge or spoken knowledge passed along or moved via communication.

Regarding Aker, the horizon was everything, it was the gateway to the underworld. It was never physically obtainable to reach it sadly. As one never reaches the actual horizon. It's endless and eternal. The mountains as pillars of strength with the atum, a Barbary Lion on either side. The lions meaning is less apparent to me in relation to the horizon. Hunting was so revered from the earliest of times, perhaps that played into the design.
edit on 17/1/20 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Ideas evolve. Ancient humans knew this. Modern humans however can't even create a religion better than the likes of Mormonism, Scientology or Satanism.

As far as anyone with a recognized connection to the past is concerned, Sphinx wasn't Sphinx until it was tetramorph. Man-lion, and ox-eagle. Sine and square. Spring-fall and solstice. Life, and death.

Can a god be his own arm? His own voice?
His own son? Can a disciple be a savior and a saviors follower? Can Satan himself be hell itself and be in hell, in himself?

The longstanding tradition of personification of the cosmos has failed humanity because of its increasing stupidity paralleling increase in technology.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I made an image using an image the Dendera Zodiac and an image of The Great Pyramid internally. Not saying this is accurate but it does make some sense.

The first thing I see is The Kings chamber, it lands on the bird. I notice the jackal right above the chamber and the lion towards the east. Current astrology, the lion is Leo, the Jackal is Canes Venatici and the bird is Corvus. The Sphinx looks like nothing like a bird/bull.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Havick007
Sorry for jumping in, i've only just joined the group.

Above the head of the sphinx it is indeed the sign for horizon, the three signs above spell out the name that the sphinx was known by in the New Kingdom, hor-em-akhet, or 'Horus in the horizon'.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Crusader7904
Not sure why you would try to correlate a Greek zodiac with an Old Kingdom structure.

Harte

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Crusader7904

From what you posted, what do you conclude or are trying to present as theory?

I mean.. what's the point your getting to?

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

Maybe they are trying to show some reference to a grander design..?

Not sure though, thats why I asked them. I hope the member still comes to ATS and can answer the question.
Been awhile Harte, good to see your still on here.

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Havick007
a reply to: Harte

Maybe they are trying to show some reference to a grander design..?

Not sure though, thats why I asked them. I hope the member still comes to ATS and can answer the question.
Been awhile Harte, good to see your still on here.

Yeah, still here and still stubborn.
It's not due to any character trait though, it's just that I was once a "believer", but I was curious enough to try to find out what I could about claims such as have been made in this thread.
When I found the extent to which I had been lied to, it sort of pissed me off.
Felt like an idiot, and realized I was made to feel that way by con men out for my money.

I have done what I can since then to get back at them.

Harte

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join