It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus was NOT a Christian, and never read a word of the New Testament Gospels.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
HE was in fact...the FIRST Christian. To learn about the MAN, we must all study those scriptures that made HIM who HE was. And he never read, studied or even KNEW about the wonderful scriptures of the NEW TESTAMENT. His teachings and "discussions" in the Temple with the Rabbis were of the OLD TESTAMENT, Torah and Talmud. Those should be studied to become like the MAN HIMSELF, as HE learned...and that was all HE studied. Think about that.....

Myself a believer, has to remember if I want to be LIKE Christ, I must study that which made HIM wise while HE was here. Many, many in fact... MOST Christians will argue up and down the teachings and scripture of the N.T....forgeting all the while that Jesus HIMSELF...never read, saw or heard those gospels of his Apostles going forth AFTER HIM.

For 33 years until the Crucifixtion and Ressurection...Jesus studied scripture. OLD TESTAMENT Scripture. We all should too...

Now...if I am wrong...then let the stoning of me begin................(Discuss)

Peace, Love and Light. God Bless Everyone here and everywhere..........
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: addition

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Pretty sure he challenged the scripture of the time (What Christians now refer to as the Old Testament).

He took a god who was vengeful and smote folk and turned him into an all loving father for everyone.

Plus the big clue is in Jesus' surname as to why we wasn't a Christian.

Christians follow him ergo Christianity.

But that's for playing - chat was awfully quiet for a bit there.

-m0r

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Jesus was never a Christian.

Christianity is the idolatrous, Satanic, and pagan metaphysical doctrines of the Pharisee Paul.

Jesus' "wisdom" did not derive from any written word.

He received the same Revelations as Moses, Isaiah, Daniel and Ezekiel: the Vision of the "Son of man" and the Revelation of the "resurrection" as a Doctrine of 'Rebirth'.

Paul's substitution, for that Doctrinal conflict with the Pharisees, of the blood-thirsty, idolatrous doctrine of "vicarious atonement" resulted directly in the slaughter of millions of Jews during the Holocaust.

Michael

edit on 25-10-2010 by Michael Cecil because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Agreed. It is a big mistake for Christians to neglect the Old Testament. The New Testament is the climax of the story, which explains the rest, not the whole story.
Who would pick up an Agatha Christie mystery and read only the last chapter? You would never know what Hercule Poirot was talking about.

My interpretations of Revelation rely very heavily on the Old Testament allusions which the people of John's time would have recognised.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

Agreed. It is a big mistake for Christians to neglect the Old Testament.

There is no such thing as any "Old" Testament.

The New Testament is the climax of the story, which explains the rest, not the whole story.

If you do not know that Genesis 2:7 is the Revelation of the Memory of Creation, one of the elements of the Revelation of the "resurrection" (the other element being the revelation of the memories of previous lives); if you do not understand that the "Tree of Life" of Genesis 3:24 is the term used for Moses' receiving of the Vision of the "Son of man".....

Then you do not have a CLUE as to the meaning of either the Gospels or the Revelation of John .

Michael

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Michael Cecil

There exists a collection of documents which everybody calls the Old Testament.
You cannot dispute that.
To save time, I call it the Old Testament.

As the OP says, the sensible way to read the gospels is to read them in the light of the Old Testament, to understand what was happening..

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Yes he was not a Christian he was a Jew, Christianity was born from him as his believers and followers, so while the old testament is indeed part of Jewish teachings the new testament was made to follow the birth of the new Christian religion in honor of Christ their death martyr in the cross.

But sadly is nothing but lore and Christianity is a cult.

edit on 25-10-2010 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Thanks Michael and all: This is the stimulus I was seeking. We all should question things and not go forth in "blind-faith" alone without careful study. All of our differences... whether Buddist, Hebrew, Christian, Taoist etc....what-EVER! We should seek that which we need, from all.

Im of the opinion... in my personal search of my faith at least...that if I truly want to be LIKE Jesus...I must study the older scriptures, the Talmud, and even those books banned from the Bible itself...to gain a wider picture of things. Even the books of other faiths, to get closer to my own.

Our faith should be something that grows and grows with knowledge and study...and not just faith alone. That is all I wish to do here. Stimulate thoughts...provoke study...and ultimately suggest we all question the strengths and origins of our individual faiths...and perhaps why we feel the way we do.

I wish all the happiness to everyone they seek in life...and in the one beyond.

Peace, Love and Light Always

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Jesus was a vampire and a cannibal, and wanted his followers to do the same, that is why he came up with the sacrament.

Drink this wine for it is my blood?

Eat this bread for it is my flesh?

Vampirism and Cannibalism right there day one of the new religion

Thank you Eddie Izzard.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

There exists a collection of documents which everybody calls the Old Testament.

Millions of Jews do not call them the "Old Testament".

Hundreds of millions of Muslims do not call them the "Old Testament".

You cannot dispute that.

Or what?

You will kill me?

Or merely censor, suppress or destroy any writings which do not confirm the Satanic doctrines of Christianity?

To save time, I call it the Old Testament.

Goody, goody gumdrops.

To save lives, I call it the Revelations in the Torah, the Prophets, and the Book of Daniel.

Human lives are more important than your time.

Michael

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I'm not a big follower of religion or old stories but where does paying 10% of your earnings come in to play?

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

When religion got greedy, see as everything even back in the days somebody decided to cash out on the believers.

Back then those that opposed were killed for heretics in todays modern day their salvation is withdraw.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Create from nothing. Believe in nothing.

In nothing i find everything.

Make room for the spirit, and for your own personal revelation.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Jesus was Jewish.

Christianity is a branch of Judaism.

What difference does it make? The monotheistic religions of this world all worship the same creator in different ways.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty
Plus the big clue is in Jesus' surname as to why we wasn't a Christian.

Christians follow him ergo Christianity.

Christ was not a surname. It was a title, meaning "the annointed one."

Surnames such as we know them were not used in the time of Jesus. A person could have a second name added, referring to their father, home town or trade, but these names were not passed down to their children.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
OF COURSE he wasn't a Christian and didn't ever read the New Testament.
Christian means follower of Christ ... and He wasn't following Himself.
And the gospels weren't written down until long after He died.

I mean ... duh.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Isn't this obvious to almost anyone with any religious background?

Jesus was "baptized" and that is probably the only thing about him that is similar to today's Christians. How could there be such a thing as a "Christian" before "Christ?"

Most of the new testament was written hundreds of years after the death of Christ. The books in the New Testament are written by men, and they tell the story of Christ in a number of ways, and they claim to contain the words of Christ, but only as remembered centuries later.

The Old Testament is the word of God. Most "Christians" believe that the New Testament replaced the Old Testament, and that the teachings of Christ replaced all the Fire and Brimstone from the Old Testament. Christ himself said, "nobody gets to the father, but through me." Therefore, Christians necessarily believe that Christ is the most important religious icon and the only way to get to heaven.

That is precisely why I am not a Christian. I believe in the existence of Christ, but I do not believe that he was infallible, and I do not believe that he is the "only" way to salvation.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Ive had many an argument with certain church demoniations about Bible quotes and they know little or nothing about the facts Ive mentioned. It is these friends that need clarification, not I.

Christ-ian? Of course, I understand. Only, I would assume (if its safe to assume anything in this world) that we all who believe in Christianity should take the time to try to understand just HOW Jesus studied, and what that entailed.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

You are morally responsible for having distracted them from the Truth with your witlessness.

You have got to be kidding me. You have the gall to say this to someone else, when pretty much everything that you state has absolutely no basis in any scripture, "Old" or "New"? The is nothing in Judaic or Christian teaching that supports your claims of reincarnation. You've deluded yourself into believing that your wife is the current rendition of Elijah, and that you're friends with the current version of Jacob, and you believe that others should go along with you, just because?

The only thing that you should find a personal connection to in Revelation is the note that the world is full of false prophets, such as yourself. Disraeli might claim to understand God, but you claim to speak for God.

Fortunately, the number of people that you have distracted from the Truth with your witlessness is understandably small.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join