It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos show Israeli troops abusing Palestinians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Photos show Israeli troops abusing Palestinians

www.timesonline .com

A group of Israeli reservists critical of the military's treatment of Palestinians has released new photos that appear to show Israeli soldiers abusing Palestinians.

One picture shows a soldier holding an assault rifle to the head of a blindfolded Palestinian man. Another shows a soldier spray painting "Be right back" on the wall of a Gaza home.

Breaking the Silence said Monday it published the pictures on its Facebook page to rebut the military's contention that improper conduct by soldiers is an aberration.

It was impossible to confirm the authenticity of the photos, but they re
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.jpost.com
www.cbsnews.com

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I believe this movement to reveal the level of abuse the people of Gaza are subjected to is very important.

It shows the all but invisible antagonistic behavior some soldiers in the IDF methodically inflict, in what I believe to be part of a level of psychological warfare that secretly keeps this conflict going.

- Lee

www.timesonline .com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
This is an article from The Jerusalem Post in August, that was written up regarding reserve soldier Eden Abergil, who used facebook to also show disturbing photos of IDF abuses. Though her motives may not have been the same, the reality still becomes clearer.

Among the photos, a detained man being choked, and a young girl blindfolded while on her knees, and surrounded by IDF male soldiers.

Maybe the move to end the silence is gaining ground.
Especially when brave soldiers come forward to expose these crimes.

- Lee
edit on 25-10-2010 by lee anoma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

'Facebook photos of soldiers posing with bound Palestinians are the norm'

Rights group Breaking the Silence refutes IDF claim that photos posted by female soldier under the heading 'the time of my life' are an anomaly.

Facebook photos depicting Israel Defense Forces soldiers pictured alongside handcuffed and blindfolded Palestinian detainees represent the norm, not the exception, in IDF conduct, an Israeli human rights group said on Tuesday, thus refuting an official army statement claiming the opposite.
Haaretz

A statements from the IDF soldiers at Breaking the Silence, who were responsible for posting the photos:

In the Facebook page, Breaking the Silence said that the norms the photos allegedly expose were the" necessary result of a long-term military control of a civilian population."

"We suggest that the IDF Spokesman not insult the intelligence of the Israeli public, and clarify that it is a widespread phenomenon, not an aberration caused by a single soldier," the statement said, adding that the enclosed photos were taken at several times during the last ten years and represented only a "preliminary batch."

...and...

"We will continue to release photos every so often to prove that this is the norm, this is how soldiers behave, and this is the price of occupation," said group member Yehuda Shaul.

"We lose our ability to see Palestinians as our equals."
CBS News

- Lee
edit on 25-10-2010 by lee anoma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
As much as I don't condone this behavior and in fact, I despise what is happening to the Palestinians, I don't rest blame squarely on the soldiers of the IDF. Instead, I blame Zionism and the indoctrination of pro-Zionist public to look at the Palestinians as less than people or against God's will. It is the atmosphere that teaches these soldiers that their actions are godly and in the name of god. It is the atmosphere that dehumanizes the Palestinians. It is the same thing that allowed the Nazis to do what they did to the Jews, Catholics and Gypsies.

To me, there is a clear effort to drive the Palestinians out of that region, so that the Zionists can have a whole and complete Israel. They do this by harassment, terror, conflict and discrimination and it is sickening, especially because it is done by a group of people who justify it, at least in part, because of what was done to the Jews at the hands of the Nazis.

It is the single most blatant and obvious hypocritical behavior that has the most dire consequences on the planet. How can you condemn what happened to the Jews at the hands of the Nazis, yet condone what is happening to the Palestinians at the hands of the Zionists, much less justify it by the same reasoning? Ignorance can only excuse so much and is no longer a valid excuse. I no longer buy ignorance as an excuse to either keep our eyes shut or support these actions.

It is pure evilness and complete hypocritical injustice.

--airspoon

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Star n Flagged

See this is why i'm bothered when people like Bill Maher say "We should keep Israel as an ally and keep funding them because they are the only democracy in that region".

Israel is not a democracy, it's a Militarized Theocracy, there's a massive difference between the two.

I am sadly not surprised by this news, however I would agree with Airspoon, these are zionists and the influence or brainwashing of zionism that caused this, not the people of Israel.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I was just reading about this and decided to see if anyone posted here yet. Why am I not surprised that it's been posted here? Because the members here at ATS love bashing Israel every chance they get, even when the photos are staged and this is clearly Palestinian or anti-Israel propoganda.

I haven't got any proof. Just common sense. No one can't get surplus IDF uniforms? These pictures are propped and rehearsed.

GOTCHA!

edit on 25/10/10 by Intelearthling because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

The United States is also Israel's biggest supplier of fighter planes, weapons and other military technology. As a result, Israel has the world's largest F-16 fleet outside the US Air Force. In their book, The Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy, John J. Mearsheimer and Stephen M. Walt write:

'Since the October War in 1973, Washington has provided Israel with a level of support dwarfing the amounts provided to any other state. It has been the largest annual recipient of direct U.S. economic and military assistance since 1976 and the largest total recipient since World War ll. Total direct U.S. aid to Israel amounts to well over $140 billion in 2003 dollars.

Israel receives about $3 billion in direct foreign assistance each year, which is roughly one-fifth of America's entire foreign aid budget. In per capita terms, the United States gives each Israeli a direct subsidy worth about $500 per year. This largesse is especially striking when one realizes that Israel is now a wealthy industrial state with a per capita income roughly equal to South Korea or Spain.'

Why do they do this? Because the House of Rothschild controls Israel and the House of Rothschild controls the political system of the United States. The network that links the two is called 'Zionism', a Rothschild creation - just like Israel itself. Source and rest of article with pictures www.davidicke.com...

Why? Because the House of Rothschild controls Israel as well as America.

America is funding Israel to bully Palestine.

top topics

join