It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal agents nationwide eye ATF agent murder trial

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Link to story

As anyone that has read anything Ive written on ATS knows, (and I hope thats not very many people...how embarassing)..Im full of crap and a little nuts most of the time. Anyway, once my BS is sifted through Im sure its pretty clear Im Pro-Law Enforcement. I also try to be objective and reasonable when it really comes down to it.

Important...This went down in the Virgin Islands.

This story disturbs me a little..Keep in mind that I understand situations can unravel in an instant, but isnt that what Federal Lawmen are trained for?

Shortened version, please review entire story before replying.

Off duty ATF agent encounters domestic dispute. Female jumps in ATF agents vehicle, the assailant comes running at the OPEN drivers side door of agents vehicle wielding a mag-lite. Agent shoots man 5 times and kills him. (all this according to link I provided) Now the Virgin Islands want to press murder charges, and the ATF want to give him a medal.(sarcasm)

Was this shooting justified?
My 'Pro Law Enf.' instincts want to say "Heck yes..should have put a few more in the dude just for good measure!"

But then my human side says "Why didnt the agent shut the door and move to a safer position then challenge the person?"

Did the presecnce of a distressed female cloud the judgement of the agent?

What was the range of the shooting?

How close proximity was the Agents Condo to that of the disputing couple?

Had the Agent heard these disputes before?

Was this the first contact the Agent had with the female? (possible romantic involvement)

The ATF is claiming that this action is a retaliation by the Virgin Islands for a federal corruption investigation. (why would they need an excuse if the shooting was legit?)

I have alot more questions and will research this story further.

What does ATS think...let the cop bashing begin!!!!!
edit on 25-10-2010 by psyko45 because: more questions

join