It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dresden Files (TV Show, not the books)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I have been watching alot of TV lately on HULU and did notice one thing,
Joanne M Kelly is in A LOT of their movies and tv series...I couldnt believe it.
I wonder if she owns stock in HULU???

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
The show was alright, but it differed so much from the books as to make it almost unwatchable to me... almost. I did watch all of the episodes, and while it was pretty good, didn't come close to holding a candle to the genius of the books. Dresden Files for life.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Have you seen the new series Arrow?
The guy who played Dresden is in that show as a detective. thought ya might like to know.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Hey Gaz
What a coincidence to find this thread again.
Just Monday I was looking for something new to load onto my tablet. I read every night and fly through books quickly so I needed something with enough books to last a while. I had a complete ebook collection of the Dresden Files and have been reacquainting myself with the characters from the tv show. I catch glimpses of memories of who the actors were on tv, but have yet bothered to look them up online. This is another one of my synchonistic events that have happened to me lately.

I'm looking forward to discussing the books with you guys as I read them.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The Dresden files has become a pretty big part of my life. I've read and re-read each book, and am anxiously awaiting next months release of Cold Days.

Jim Butcher is no less a literary genius than Tolkien or G. R. R. Martin, who's excellent ASOIAF series is IMHO the greatest anthology written in the English language.

I've starting building a Bob the Skull replica, as well as designing a Bob tattoo, lol.

Dresden files is nowhere near as popular as it has every right to be. Well written, fast paced, witty at times, but I'm not ashamed to say that as a 25 year old man that it's made both weep and belly laugh.

Butcher has a remarkable way of making you love his characters.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by shadow watcher

I had never seen the show before I read the books. If you have the complete series on your tablet unread, I envy you - lol. You've got quite a ride ahead of you. Very good books.

Interestingly, it was synchronicity that brought me to Dresden as well - several years ago, an old friend was telling me about a book about a wizard detective he was reading and loving - I had since forgotten the name of the series, but about a year after that, I was telling a different friend that I had nothing to read since finishing ASOIF up to that point, the next book being a year away.

This friend recommended Dresden Files, and I've since devoured each book twice. I'm not normally a re-reader, but this series was just too damn good lol.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Youtube has many interesting interviews and QnA session with Jim Butcher, he seems very keen on establishing close ties with the Dresdenphiles, lol.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I am enjoying the books so far. I am fortunate enough to have an extensive collection of ebooks and have recently read Alyson Noel, Charlaine Harris, LJ Smith & Laurell K. Hamilton. It's hard to choose an author when you haven't heard of them before and I try to read about the author before loading some 10+ books. There are some Dresden books that I have that aren't numbered so I need to see where the sit time line wise in the series.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by shadow watcher

Wiki can help with that, they have the books and titles listed in order. I can tell you off the topa my head that the first in the series is Storm Front, the second is Full Moon, the third is Grave Peril, Summer Knight, Death Masks, Dead Beat.. it gets a little muddy from there, but the two most recent are Changes and Ghost Story. The next, due out next month, is Cold Days. I really do envy you!

The series gets much better, Butcher puts a lot of work into getting his books just right.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I can see why you enjoy his writing style so much. His reality is pretty rich and he draws you in without trying too hard. Codex Alera seems to be an interesting series as well, although I plan on devouring all these books first.
I suspect these books will carry me through the holidays to say the least. Sometimes I have three stories I juggle at the same time and the most interesting wins the night. I don't plan on reading any other books at the same time so I can devote more time to the author.

Thanks for being envious of my experience that awaits me.

eta...my apologies for hijacking the thread with my books, I understand that it's purpose was to discuss the tv show.
edit on 26/10/12 by shadow watcher because: the cheese stands alone

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadow watcher
I can see why you enjoy his writing style so much. His reality is pretty rich and he draws you in without trying too hard. Codex Alera seems to be an interesting series as well, although I plan on devouring all these books first.

I haven't yet read the Alera series, though I plan too. Perhaps I'll read them after I finish Cold Days, the Dresden book due out next month. My current AV is actually Harry Dresden - all of the Dresden book covers show Harry with said hat, though Dresden himself has said multiple times that he's ''not a hat guy''. Jim Butcher said in an interview that to the publisher 'hat' is shorthand for detective, lol. Every cover shows Harry with a hat and his staff - the staff, of course, being shorthand for wizard.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join