It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking....Magnitude 6.1 - MOLUCCA SEA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Very close to Indonesia...is something brewing..

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Wow, another one! This is unbelievable. HAARP is doing work son.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Have you seen the amount of EQ's around Indonesia! so many of them!

hisz.rsoe.hu...

Not to mention this is going to be exploding today

Mt Merapi Java Indonesia

Magnitude

Date-Time
Monday, October 25, 2010 at 12:05:28 UTC
Monday, October 25, 2010 at 09:05:28 PM at epicenter

Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Depth
32 km (19.9 miles)

Region
MOLUCCA SEA

Distances
175 km (110 miles) S of Manado, Sulawesi, Indonesia
235 km (145 miles) ESE of Gorontalo, Sulawesi, Indonesia
1515 km (940 miles) NNW of DARWIN, Northern Territory, Australia
2130 km (1330 miles) ENE of JAKARTA, Java, Indonesia
Location Uncertainty

USGS

edit on 25-10-2010 by JJBB22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Hmm looks like they have edited it?

This is the screenshot I took of the Alert Map , indonesia area

The EQ's seem to be disappearing and reappearing on the map every refresh.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Have a feeling this is more at 'fault' for this than a radio transmitter in Alaska.

Molucca Sea

The sea is a very seismically active area due to the Molucca Sea Plate.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
]reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

You are probably right, however HARRP is still a reality as are it's uses.

Don't you just love disinformation/Suppression tactics, ridiculing others is a number one tactic. it's amazing how many people on ATS engage in it and fall for it. Nice video by the way - it really did put a smile on my face

Back to the topic at hand -

Indonesia warned Monday that its most volatile volcano could erupt at any time and started evacuating some of the thousands of villagers living on the mountain's slope.

Mount Merapi has seen increased volcanic activity over the past week and officials have raised the alert level for the 9,737-foot (2,968-meter) -high mountain to the most urgent level, said government volcanologist Surono, who uses only one name.

The mountain last erupted in 2006, when it sent an avalanche of blistering gases and rock fragments racing down the mountain that killed two people. A similar eruption in 1994 killed 60 people, while 1,300 people died in an eruption in 1930.

Volcano Mount Merapi

Twitter Updates

edit on 25-10-2010 by JJBB22 because: Twitter Link

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by JJBB22
Don't you just love disinformation/Suppressiontactics, ridiculing others is a number one tactic. it's amazing how many people on ATS engage in it and fall for it.

I spent my Summer this year on Java - you'd be surprised with how much seismic activity it's had in it's history (even before Mr Reichter (see you at the party!) came along.

Bora Bodur was completely covered in volcanic ash for many, many centuries (well worth a visit).

There is a town just outside of Surabaya which got flooded with boiling mud from a drilling gone wrong and a ton of volcanoes all over the island.

And that's just Java!

There are many volcanoes all over Indonesia and they've always had a lot of activity.

So whilst HAARP may have magical powerz there has been plenty of catastrophes in Indonesia's long lifetime which pre-date it by millennia.

-m0r
edit on 25/10/2010 by m0r1arty because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Oh I agree wholeheartedly. I didn't imply that HAARP was the cause of this EQ or the volcano. The volcano has been erupting for months and earthquakes have been shaking the earth around Indonesia in an increasing amount, Since 2004 and even before that.

I just disagree with people who have to ridicule, there is no need for it. Just stating like you have "It's unlikely to be HAARP" is perfectly sound and just, and a good point. You haven't ridiculed, just pointed out some good facts and logic. Ridiculing or any other narcissistic retorts to keep people away from truth is wrong.

As for the EQ it isn't located near enough (I don't believe) to the Volcano erupting. I just hope based on the below, that they can move all the villagers to a safe location before she blows. I feel sorry for the people of Indonesia, they have been through a lot. When this thing blows, are they going to have houses left, food? it saddens me. There are five villages and 40,000 people living on its slopes.

DISASTER relief officials have activated plans to evacuate as many as 40,000 people from around Indonesia's most active volcano, Merapi in central Java.
Local officials are fearing a major eruption.

Authorities yesterday morning raised the eruption alert level to red, the highest.

They began evacuating about 2600 people by buses, pick-up trucks and ambulances from two villages, Kaliurang and Kemiran, likely to be in the path of pyroclastic gas and lava flows.

"All the parameters - multiface earthquakes, cone deformation and visual - increased significantly overnight," Fabri Sadana, of the Jogjakarta-based Centre for Volcano Investigation and Technology Development, said yesterday. "The volcanic activity looks . . . as if the eruption will be bigger than 2006."

Source

Cataclysmic?

edit on 25-10-2010 by JJBB22 because: Forgot Links

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Magnitude 7.5 - KEPULAUAN MENTAWAI REGION, INDONESIA

Earthquake Details

This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.
Magnitude

7.5 (Preliminary magnitude — update expected within 15 minutes)

Date-Time
Monday, October 25, 2010 at 14:42:25 UTC
Monday, October 25, 2010 at 09:42:25 PM at epicenter

Depth
33 km (20.5 miles) set by location program

Region
KEPULAUAN MENTAWAI REGION, INDONESIA

Distances
240 km (149 miles) S (184°) from Padang, Sumatra, Indonesia
241 km (150 miles) WNW (288°) from Bengkulu, Sumatra, Indonesia
416 km (259 miles) WSW (246°) from Jambi, Sumatra, Indonesia
634 km (394 miles) SW (220°) from SINGAPORE
Location Uncertainty

Error estimate not available

Parameters
NST= 29, Nph= 29, Dmin=322.9 km, Rmss=1.06 sec, Gp= 90°,
M-type="moment" magnitude from initial P wave (tsuboi method) (Mi/Mwp), Version=1

Source
West Coast and Alaska Tsunami Warning Center/NOAA/NWS
Event ID
at00801774

USGS

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by JJBB22

Well that's it kicked off for sure now. It's very dark over here in South East Asia - more so on Java.

I hope they get people out and contain them safely.

It's just a matter of watching and hoping now that it doesn't get worse - it's right at the beginning of tourist season over there too just now and so I expect we'll get global news from it as tourists will be in the area.

Tsunamis are the main worry for that area - that and the villages you mentioned on the slopes.

-m0r

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty
reply to post by JJBB22

Well that's it kicked off for sure now. It's very dark over here in South East Asia - more so on Java.

I hope they get people out and contain them safely.

It's just a matter of watching and hoping now that it doesn't get worse - it's right at the beginning of tourist season over there too just now and so I expect we'll get global news from it as tourists will be in the area.

Tsunamis are the main worry for that area - that and the villages you mentioned on the slopes.

-m0r

It is really so awful for the people there, and tourists , some of them at least, won't know quite what to do , especially parents with children, I know I would be in a state of panic! not to mention the fact that the Indonesian people are not rich folk, they are simple and don't have a lot in the way of money. The Government should have started the evacuation a day or two ago, they knew it was going to blow this week

THIS BULLETIN IS FOR ALL AREAS OF THE INDIAN OCEAN.

... A LOCAL TSUNAMI WATCH IS IN EFFECT ...

A TSUNAMI WATCH IS IN EFFECT FOR

INDONESIA

Tsumani

The U.S. Geological Survey says the 7.5-magnitude temblor struck at a depth of 20 miles (30 kilometers) and is centered on a small island off the coast of Sumatra, where a massive earthquake and tsunami hit in 2004.

Source

Same place as 2004! this isn't good at all.

It's very dark over here in South East Asia - more so on Java.

Can I ask what you meant here? thanks

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
It's night time here in Thailand.

Sun sets on Java at 6PM and it's now 10:36PM there now.

This could potentially be worse than the 2006 Earthquake that happened around the same region, only that was during the day and not in total darkness.

I am hoping things don't go too badly there but the 2006 Tsunami never made global news - but I saw it's effects first hand with the people of Pangandaran.

That's what I mean about it being dark here now. No lights and high chance of danger.

-m0r

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Thanks.

It must have been terrible to see the destructive results of that time.

As for now being in complete darkness will be catastrophic if there is another quake or tsunami, not to mention the volcano. They are completely unprepared.

I really hope and pray , everything there quietens down and things do not escalate, but in this case I think it's likely to get worse

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Yet another?! Geez.
The earth is tired of our shenanigans. Time to shake the fleas off.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Good god,,,i,ve just seen the USGS...7.5 indonesia...those poor folk over there get some real grief from quakes.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Magnitude M 5.2
Region SOUTHWEST OF SUMATRA, INDONESIA
Date time 2010-10-25 15:21:06.0 UTC
Location 3.65 S ; 99.57 E
Depth 2 km
Distances 298 km W Bengkulu (pop 309,712 ; local time 22:21 2010-10-25)
269 km SW Sungaipenuh (pop 95,913 ; local time 22:21 2010-10-25)

EMSC

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Ok so you are in Thailand? Have you noted any strange animal behaviors? Are you yourself experiencing and unusual sensations ?

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Nope - everything is hunky dory here at the moment. Thailand is pretty much volcano and, where I am on the coast, Tsunami proof.

The dogs, cats and various things that live in my garden all seem fine.

Mind you I am the other side of a huge area of sea away from it and so am unlikely to feel any effects from it.

I'll update you though as I am on the beach here - and will be sleeping soon. So gimme 7 hours till I get back to you

-m0r

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Not only do I beleive its HAARP and related technologies, but that this has messed with the core of our planet, and has everything to do with their big build up, to 2012, which I believe is put out by black ops to begin with. Its time to form citizens councils and call for complete transparency and work to create the world we wish.
edit on 25-10-2010 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join