It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING! Indonesia Raises Volcano Alert Level To Max!! Merapi Is About To Explode!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by makkerskilap

They look like those 'faster than the eye can see' UFOs - I watched a documentry on them once but I can't rememeber what thay called them!

In the third image you can see the corkscrew pattern they create due to camera shutter speed etc.
I can't remember what the conclusion was as to their origin.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Very good discussion on the Merapi event over at the Eruptions blog, a lot of the posters there are respected geologists and vulcanologists from around the world.

Volcanism Blog Merapi Thread

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusPrimate

They're called 'rods' and they're fake. They're simply insects.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
This Volcano goes off every other year, Usually never deadly serious the locals know when to get out. I'm currently living in Central Java in Jakarta Capital City, the volcano is about an hour away from my location and nothing has really been reported on the news just a couple of stories here and there. It's usual for this mountain to erupt but this year it was a little less than usual as it's been rain season all year usually its dry season around this time. Another few years till it pops off again. No reported deaths or casualties though.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xris86
This Volcano goes off every other year, Usually never deadly serious the locals know when to get out. I'm currently living in Central Java in Jakarta Capital City, the volcano is about an hour away from my location and nothing has really been reported on the news just a couple of stories here and there. It's usual for this mountain to erupt but this year it was a little less than usual as it's been rain season all year usually its dry season around this time. Another few years till it pops off again. No reported deaths or casualties though.

do you read the news ? it is now 17 people die...

FYI i live in yogyakarta

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
How far from news.yahoo.com...
are you guys...is this related...113 dead...

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

113 die of tsunami in mentawai

17 people die because merapi mountain, yogyakarta

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Havent seen any recent Live Cam Feeds so here is two I just did up for those interested off this Live Feed.
www.merapi.bgl.esdm.go.id...

Wow hope everyone gets out of this area ok.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/721fcde7c2ac.jpg[/atsimg]

Another picture shortly after the first one.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a651a943ce79.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Since some people have noticed some strange things in some of the cam feed pics, I thought I would go ahead and post this up. I took these screen shots last night before it went off line. This was all in about 15 min. I made a quick video about it, but didnt bother posting it because I didnt want people to think I was falling off my rocker. I guess Im not the only one that has noticed something odd.

So here it is, take it for what you will. I think they might be easier to see full screen.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

I have a screen shot of that last night as well but it was all full of smoke and the things were there. I thought dirt but checked again and they are not there at that time. And I think in the one screen shot one of the things are almost to far into the smoke to be seen but is hardly showing.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f02262e47cf6.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePacifist
Shown here

Yeah, I really hope that it doesn't or at least all people in the blast zone will be evac'd

Thanks for posting that website!

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Connman

Looking at my originals, it looks like I started taking those pictures 20 min. after yours. I know it was after it had been gray smokey screen for quite awhile, then it looked like it turned to morning shots all the sudden. Either way for both of us , I dont think it was dirt on the lense.

Didnt really mean to take this off topic, but it is the volcano, so its not that far off. It would be nice to think maybe we had some help in taming it a little at least.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I knew that someone was going to find an alien space ship hovering over the Volcano soon enough. Next the lord of the rings analogies. But seriously this is one interesting month for weather and events.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Ahh great so I'm not nuts
haha. No seriously, I've watched many live feeds, some for hours, and seen dirt and bugs on the lens. Theese definently does not look like bugs or dirt to me, and several people have screenshots besides me. Haven't seen any other screenshots with the shapes that mine has. And 2 of my shots have a blurred area around them, whats that all about?

i just noticed on that map. Mt Etna seems to be erupting as well, as is the volcano on Island? Anyone?

edit on 26-10-2010 by makkerskilap because: to add content

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkeySEEmonkeyDO
POSSIBLE CONNECTION...

Just reported yesterday that aurora borealis (lights in sky) over Iceland. HAARP is known for causing such lights in the sky, and as we all know, HAARP can cause natural disasters to occur.
www.telegraph.co.uk... ar-Kristjansson.html?image=1

How ironic is it that these strange lights in the sky took place, and now this volcano might errupt?

Connecting HAARP, the Aurora Borealis and a Volcano in Indonesia together is about as far wrong as you can get.

HAARP does not even have a tiny fraction of the power it would take to create an Aurora. Aurora's are even more predictable than the weather. We know the cause. HAARP is not it. Some helpful links below.
The Aurora Page.
Aurora Forecast from the Geophysical Institute. This site usually has the forecast for about 3 to 4 days.

Some Volcano Basics.
More from Wiki.

On Mount Merapi.

Typically, small eruptions occur every two to three years, and larger ones every 10–15 years or so. Notable eruptions, often causing many deaths, have occurred in 1006, 1786, 1822, 1872, and 1930—when thirteen villages were destroyed and 1400 people killed by pyroclastic flows.

I'm afraid HAARP was simply not around in 1006, 1786, 1822, 1872,1930 or any of the minor eruptions every couple of years.

Plate Tectonics.
Plate Tectonics from Berkeley.
More on Merapi.

This is likely the best info on Volcano's. It's an entire textbook online.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Industrious person with a rag wipes lens. Why should it be any more mysterious than that.

Gust of wind blows debris off lens.

I've been in two ash-falls. St. Helens and Redoubt. The tiniest bit of moisture and the ash sticks to anything.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

So you are saying there is someone cleaning the lens even though they could get killed by having this job? One crazy worker there for sure if that be the case.

I`m more into believing they could have a self cleaning device like Nascar uses.
edit on 10/26/2010 by Connman because: added the last part

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
one more Earthquake Watch

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xris86

Uhmm... do you live in Central Java, or Jakarta? Can't be both true...
And now there are 17 confirmed death.

And quite interesting story [well, not so interesting now, since they're all dead] about these 16 among the victims. Apparently they were refused to evacuate, and choose to stay at dangerous area, around an old guy house named mbah Maridjan. He was quite made a story on previous eruption, coz that time he were also refused to evacuate, even the governor failed to persuade him.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I'm looking at the webcam now but it doesn't look like anything. Looks like a huge pixelated person or something standing in front of the camera. What exactly am I looking at?

www.merapi.bgl.esdm.go.id...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join