It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING! Indonesia Raises Volcano Alert Level To Max!! Merapi Is About To Explode!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Actually they are over 500 miles apart. You must be thinking of Merapi, Lampung Indonesia, instead of Merapi Volcano which is on Java, Indonesia.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Some info from hisz.rsoe.hu...

Situation Update No. 4 On 26.10.2010 at 10:05 GMT+2
As many as 1,306 people are taking refuge due to the eruption of Mount Merapi in Indonesia's Yogyakarta province, detikcom online news quoted a regent as saying on Tuesday. "As last night, there were 1,306 people taking refuge in emergency shelters," said the province's Sleman Regent Sri Purnomo in his report to Vice President Boediono. According to Purnomo, there are three sub districts locating in Merapi slope where its people must be evacuated. "If all people (in the sub districts) are evacuated, then there will be 13,581 refugees while our emergency barracks could accommodate 13,800 people," he said.

edit on 26/10/2010 by wycky because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Arroyo.hondo

Bingo, you got it. this is the second forced evacuation ive heard of. Everyone be aware of new serious 'natural' disasters.
Either way, i still hope all the people are able to get out in time, its a horrible thing that their putting on the villagers there.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I took theese screenshots this morning via the live feed, I live in Denmark..
I've been to school so just posted them now. The objects you can see looks really wierd to me,
and doesn't look like bugs. When the first one appeared it looked like a helicopter, but I'm not sure that it is.

Anyone?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
She blew

Source

edit on 26/10/2010 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Yeah, she started spewing.

news.nationalpost.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
We could really do with a cam being set up, that live feed seems to be struggling with the demand. It was a poor cam in the first place, you just cant seem to get the staff these days.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Catch_a_Fire
We could really do with a cam being set up, that live feed seems to be struggling with the demand. It was a poor cam in the first place, you just cant seem to get the staff these days.

Yeah you go do that mate.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
They had all this warning, and they just left tens of thousands of people there! You can't buy one person for all the wealth and power of a trillion universes. One life on the scale, hits the floor and makes a crater with its worth.

Unbelievable.

If they only way to get them out fast, was to use all the resources, all the choppers and crafts of the world, THEY SHOULD HAVE DONE THIS ALREADY! THATS how you handle things!
edit on 26-10-2010 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
from wikipedia:

Typically, small eruptions occur every two to three years, and larger ones every 10–15 years or so. Notable eruptions, often causing many deaths, have occurred in 1006, 1786, 1822, 1872, and 1930—when thirteen villages were destroyed and 1400 people killed by pyroclastic flows.

I'm watching this:
www.metrotvnews.com...
Not too sure what's going on because I got no sound. A lot of people running around with cables and putting stuff into vans. I think they're evacuating? It seems to be a raw feed.
nvm, now I'm watching Indonesian commercials on it.

it's good to know that even in times of crisis companies still want their products sold..
edit on 26/10/10 by Nventual because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
If you need funding for world wide ongoing rescue rangers, you place a 20% tax on every person or corporation clearing 1 million or more a year! End of story!

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
If you need funding for world wide ongoing rescue rangers, you place a 20% tax on every person or corporation clearing 1 million or more a year! End of story!

In a perfect world ey. This is the sort of thing I dream about. If only.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I'm watching the tv station feed as well. Don't understand a word, but got sound and lots of people running around. No images of flowing lava yet, though.. Looks like debries from the smoke clouds falling down, unless they have snow over there..

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by union_jack

Hi, this is my first post here. Been a frequent visitor to this site for months. Yesterday, after the Sumatra's quake, ive decided to subscribe, in case everything go out of control here.
I mean, lately suddenly everything went wrong here. Mother earth seems in anger, floods, storms, cyclones, earthquakes, and volcano eruption flooding mass media. And there were a rumour that there will be a quake at 9 magnitude.
And then some experts predicted that current Merapi eruption will be triple time stronger than previous one...
Could you imagine living in such threatening issues?
But hey, as time goes by, one by one things become clear, and its relieving.
Yes, there were quake, but "only" 7.2, and yes, Merapi has erupted, but not as bad as predicted.
And Indonesia is a big country, i lived in West Java, about 500km apart from Merapi. Life is as normal as usual here, except if we watch news on tv, and there we know whats going on.

So, thanks for all of your concern abou whats going on here. Its mean a lot. But please dont worry so much, as everything wasnt that so bad.

edit on 26-10-2010 by Halimun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Halimun
reply to post by union_jack

Hi, this is my first post here. Been a frequent visitor to this site for months. Yesterday, after the Sumatra's quake, ive decided to subscribe, in case everything go out of control here.
I mean, lately suddenly everything went wrong here. Mother earth seems in anger, floods, storms, cyclones, earthquakes, and volcano eruption flooding mass media. And there were a rumour that there will be a quake at 9 magnitude.
And then some experts predicted that current Merapi eruption will be triple time stronger than previous one...
Could you imagine living in such threatening issues?
But hey, as time goes by, one by one things become clear, and its relieving.
Yes, there were quake, but "only" 7.2, and yes, Merapi has erupted, but not as bad as predicted.
And Indonesia is a big country, i lived in West Java, about 500km apart from Merapi. Life is as normal as usual here, except if we watch news on tv, and there we know whats going on.

So, thanks for all of your concern abou whats going on here. Its mean a lot. But please dont worry so much, as everything wasnt that so bad.

edit on 26-10-2010 by Halimun because: (no reason given)

Good to hear that, let's hope it stays that way.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Halimun

If I was prime minister of Australia I would be sending aircraft to your country right now to help evacuations. I hope there will be no more deaths from these crazy things going on.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by monkeySEEmonkeyDO
POSSIBLE CONNECTION...
Just reported yesterday that aurora borealis (lights in sky) over Iceland. HAARP is known for causing such lights in the sky, and as we all know, HAARP can cause natural disasters to occur.
www.telegraph.co.uk... ar-Kristjansson.html?image=1

How ironic is it that these strange lights in the sky took place, and now this volcano might errupt?

You know how common the aurora borealis is over Iceland, do you?

And you know how far Iceland is from Indonesia?

And you know that strange lights in the sky over earthquake zones have been reported before HAARP was built?

I expect HAARP is capable of evil stuff, but please keep to at least vaguely feasable conjectures.

edit on 26/10/10 by Kailassa because: colon repair

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

I understand that. Some of u may have strong will to help, but found no way possible.
Even my self, much more closer than u, but still could do nothing for them. At least for tonight.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

I understand that. Some of u may have strong will to help, but found no way possible.
Even my self, much more closer than u, but still could do nothing for them. At least for tonight.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
It erupted this morning, and there was a tsunami?!?! HMMM Starting to wonder if there is something bigger comming. Hope not, just saying...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join