It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING! Indonesia Raises Volcano Alert Level To Max!! Merapi Is About To Explode!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Bingo...

Looks like lava in them there hills...

media.tvone.co.id...

nasional.tvone.co.id...
edit on 25-10-2010 by freetree64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

Mother earth is shifting, and getting ready to cleanse herself.

Soon she will be beautiful once more.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
The topic of this thread is Mount Merapi (the volcano). Btw, the webcam link doesn't work for me anymore. Has it erupted?

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
It has begun.

edit on 25-10-2010 by rajaten because: ok

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

If that picture is from today, I guess it has erupted

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

I just cannot agree with you at all on that! I am an avid weather watcher and have been looking at many different angles of our world and the changes on every level not just the weather.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

The earth has plates that move, has to be a connection between the two. zoom and look at how the plates are laid out, the two are related miles apart but yet still on the same plate. What I'm saying is the plates are rocking side to side. Same thing happend with haiti it went the we had movement even here in Louisiana,Is the pressure from the valcano causing the 7.7? I say yes!

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

That pic, is from "tvone" link posted below the jpg link, dated today, but unknown....

Hard to say if it is current or file footage, but posted today...

Hope that helps, if I could read their tweets, I'd tell ya, but they are coming in at 30 every 5 seconds...

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Its almost certainly erupted , the last live feed picture I saw it was almost totally engulfed in smoke , and now the feeds gone.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by slinger

WOW!!!!!

UPDATED 10/25/10 8:09 p.m.

‘Great Lakes Cyclone’ To Strike Chicago Tuesday

CHICAGO (WBBM/CBS) – A combination of strong thunderstorms, followed by violent and destructive winds, will make for one of the Midwest’s most dangerous storms in 70 years.

The temperature Monday is expected to climb to 77 degrees under partly sunny skies. But when Tuesday morning comes around, the Chicago area will be slammed with furious thunderstorms as a cold front passes over the area.

Damaging winds will likely be a component of the thunderstorms, and there is a risk of tornadoes, CBS 2’s Mary Kleist reports.

The severe storms are expected to sweep into the area between 4 a.m. and 9 a.m. Tuesday, coming in the form of a squall line, which often means strong straight-line winds. The storms will be at their heaviest during the Tuesday morning rush.

The rain and severe storms will pass out of the area by midday, but at that point, high and dangerous winds will roar into the area.

The winds will maintain a sustained speed of 35 to 40 mph, and may gust to 55 mph or more. They will be most severe north of Interstate 88, particularly along the Wisconsin border, Kleist said.

Over Lake Michigan, hurricane-force winds are possible.

After sundown Tuesday, the winds will die down a little bit, only to pick up again after sunrise Wednesday morning.

The National Weather Service advises unsecured objects may become airborne. Falling tree limbs and sporadic power outages can be expected. Travel may become difficult with high profile vehicles becoming difficult to control.

Tree limbs and power lines will also be at risk.

The severe weather system is coming in the form of a cyclone, a low-pressure system of closed, spiraling motion. The system is, in fact, being dubbed the “Great Lakes Cyclone.”

The low barometric pressure in the system is contributing significantly to the severity of the storm. CBS 2’s Megan Glaros says the minimum pressure in the system could drop to an extraordinarily low reading of 960 millibars.

As the storm passes, the temperatures will drop quickly. The forecast high for Thursday is a mere 49 degrees.

Storm To Rank Among The Worst

I am Flabbergasted!!! Simply put, this storm needs to be in a thread all its own, I will be here tomorrow and the weather channel all day, I am blown away by this and was looking at sites today to see if some geomagnetic storm was on us or something, this is bad and the ptb refuse to just tell people the truth and let us know it is dangerous and unpredictable but survivable.

Batten down the hatches Chicago!!!

Now also to on base here with this thread, I seriously think this ia ll related and it is going to get much worse before it settles down.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by innervision0730

I too am in Indiana - our hurricane as they don't call it should go thru rather quickly! Stay safe!

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
With a bit of luck they'll be juicing up more servers and repositioning that cam for a better view.

Live feeds back up

edit on 25/10/2010 by Catch_a_Fire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Stay in the heart. Do not give in to fear.

The first domino has fallen.

Prepare yourself.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Anyone got some info? I am rollin craps everywhere I search teh internetz. No update at RSOE, No news outlets, and the video feed is timing out/greyscreening on me.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

raja, what makes you think the "first domino" has fallen? I appreciate your OP and the updates on the ongoing eruption. There is NOTHING strange about this eruption though. Plate tectonics cause volcanic activity, basic geology. It's been going on since the Earth was formed, what gives you the idea that this is somehow going to be the trigger of a worldwide ELE? I'm not trying to pick on you, but people have been using volcanic eruptions as indicators of the end of the world as we know it for thousands of years before you or I were here. None of them have been correct. Just curious what information you are basing these very serious allegations on, and please don't tell me it's "resonating" with you, or that its a "gut feeling." There have been hundreds, if not thousands of those on ATS alone. NONE HAVE BEEN CORRECT!

You tell people not to fear anything, but your demeanor screams fear mongering. Like I said, no disrespect intended, but logic tells me you are perpetuating unfounded doom and gloom just like thousands of false prophets before you.
edit on 25-10-2010 by Use your brain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Wow, that great lakes cyclone does sound quite extreme. Take care of yourself on tuesday mate, it the unfortunate was to pass.

Those sun spots and the band really does look quite eerie, i really do think some form of solar cycle is affecting all these weather complications.

Even here in UK, though we rarely have any disaster-esque thing goin on, but even here the temperature has dropped quite suddenly the last few days to a week, many people in my family have gotten colds flu etc, ofc minor compared to whats going on in other coutries, a prayer goes out to all you guys living around these conditions.

About mt. merapi, i heard in the news that the lava was flowing into the river for awhile since the earthquake and such but has it actually erupted violently?

Hope everyone over there are safe, times are getting quite bad and the earth is geting worse for wear. Dont give into fear, but let that become an emotion of gratitude for the things we have, and spend a thought for others in worse conditions.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Use your brain

Yeah that is true about it being a natural occurrence with plate tectonics involving earthquakes and volcanoes. Though the weather problems isnt just significant in only indonesia.

All of the weather problems happening recently are all the same natural occurrences, but one thing that is quite evident is the increase in disasters etc recently.

Lets keep the doom and gloom talk out, also the bickering and focus on how we can gather as much infrmation on whats going on, and utilise it to help bring forth positive responses

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nastyj

I could not agree more about keeping it in the realm of information gathering. There have, however, been a few recent threads that talk about recent volcanic and tectonic-related activity. As of last check (a couple weeks ago), as much as it seems like these events are "ramping up," statistically, they have been quite normal.

Many times its a peak in interest and coverage that makes it seem as if activity is ramping up. I will try to find a link to the thread and edit it onto this response. There were data sheets, graphs and charts from the most reputable geological surveying organizations on the planet to support these findings.

I agree, weather patterns have shifted, but they have in the past as well. I just felt the need to hop on and address the doom and gloom bullcrap up front, so as not to scare anyone just entering this field of observation and study. Peace to you brother.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Take a last look at her. What a beautiful place it was,

I hope that dude has evacuated already.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Use your brain

This guy thinks Merapi is:
Revelation 6: 8-16 explains the Prophecy of the eruption and the soon second coming of Jesus..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join