It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING! Indonesia Raises Volcano Alert Level To Max!! Merapi Is About To Explode!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
interesting whats that pointy thing spewing smoke? it appears to be standing straight up.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

So what are the seismologists and geologists saying about the potential explosiveness of Mt. Merapi? Will it be as powerful as Mt. Pinatubo or Novarupta or even as great as the old Krakatoa? It would be fascinating to watch, from a safe distance of course. For some reason I don't feel bad for the people living near the hill. I fear more for the flora and fauna.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Hey, i was just watching random news channels today. I saw tornadoes going on in america somewhere, cyclones in burma, indonesian earthquake and this volcano too. Also I heard about amazon river dryin up, to what seems like an aftermath of south american faultline earthquakes happening a few days ago, which i have read about on an earlier thread here.

Is it just me, or is the weather getting more and more extreme these days?

Sorry about the lack of info but check it out, i saw the news from Press TV, a Russian news network, a French news network and Al Jazeera too.

Im not sure if its going too far to assume the Sun's cycle is affecting it, but the filament on the Sun does sure seem slightly bizarre.

Any more info on these natural disasters, finding correlations between them would be awesome. I know you ATS guys would be up for a little research

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Did the live feed just crash?

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I think it just went off no?

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by nastyj

Speaking of the sun, go here and look at the picture of the sun that they have posted.

www.solarmonitor.org...

Kind of weird, there is a giant darker band going down the left side of the sun.

I been looking at the pictures from that site for a long time and I have never seen anything like that.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I cant refresh the feed... anybody?

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Lost it about 20 minutes ago.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Heres a link to the USGS,a 7.7 in the last day somthing big could happen soon!
earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Its down for now, keep trying and keep us posted, checking twitter now, anyone know the local dialect??

Just tweeted: "bahan ujian asu banget! gak ber henti2 nambahnya kayak asap gunung merapi membumbung gak abis2, emosi kayak magma direbus"
edit on 25-10-2010 by freetree64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Scarecrow

Check out the magnetosphere its on fire today

www2.nict.go.jp...

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by nastyj
Hey, i was just watching random news channels today. I saw tornadoes going on in america somewhere, cyclones in burma, indonesian earthquake and this volcano too. Also I heard about amazon river dryin up, to what seems like an aftermath of south american faultline earthquakes happening a few days ago, which i have read about on an earlier thread here.

Sorry about the lack of info but check it out, i saw the news from Press TV, a Russian news network, a French news network and Al Jazeera too.

Im not sure if its going too far to assume the Sun's cycle is affecting it, but the filament on the Sun does sure seem slightly bizarre.

Any more info on these natural disasters, finding correlations between them would be awesome. I know you ATS guys would be up for a little research

I live here in Indiana, USA and the weather channel says we have a monster storm with hurricane force winds. We get tornados but never (since ive lived here about 20 years) wind storms over 75mph and gusts over 60. They have never compared our storms to hurricanes. Not to mention tomarrow will be 80 degrees. Every year ive been here is usually 30-50 degrees. Halloween is usually FREEZING.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Found this...

Local television, with live reports...

www.metrotvnews.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Recent tweet...

Hope that doesn't mean what I think it does...

"WEKZ! Dlm minggu ini kemungkinan Merapi erupsi..meletus..meleduk.. Haduh haduh..GOD plz save us down here"

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by martinkb
this video was posted yesterday;

Earthquake Watch - Northern Hemisphere - AV-2010-10-24

Seems your post should have its own thread, does it? I was amazed at that video! Will it affect us here in US? Also it mentions 15 degrees lat. but where is that? dont you have to have longetude also?
edit on 25-10-2010 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by freetree64

Found this...

Local television, with live reports...

www.metrotvnews.com...

Nice find. I dont know what that chick mirischka is saying but dang shes hot. Id put out the fire in her volcano any day.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by nastyj

Nope, it's just News outlets look for these disaster events to boost ratings. Nothing's really changing when it comes to storms or quakes or volcanos...it's just with advanced technology, we're able to view it from our living rooms.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Chicago is going to have a bad storm tuesday check this out!
chicago.cbslocal.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by slinger

Heres a link to the USGS,a 7.7 in the last day somthing big could happen soon!
earthquake.usgs.gov...

Here's a link to the thread about the 7.7

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That quake was very far away from Mount Merapi. Look at a map. Indonesia is big

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
It does seem the earth has been very busy today, look at these seismo's from around the world....

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join