It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What percentage of popular marketed scientific theory is garbage and pure propaganda?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Global Warming

Aids

Swine Flu

Green Power

Vitamins are bad

Etc
edit on 25-10-2010 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Anything that is described as fact in schoolbooks. hahaha
In all seriousness though it wouldnt suprise me if it was the majority of it, i think the big bang theory is crap

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
Global Warming

Aids

Swine Flu

Green Power

Vitamins are bad

Etc
edit on 25-10-2010 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

My take:
- Global warming - man made or not, something is going on, and it just happens to coincide with overpopulation, habitat loss and massive pollution. Mmm - now there might just be a connection here. I reserve judgement.
- HIV/AIDS - I'm HIV poz so anybody who seriously believes that HIV doesn't cause AIDS can prove their conviction by having some of my blood. No takers from the denialists ever. (Not that I'd actually do that.) Not one virologist or a person who works with AIDS patients amongst the denialists to date.
We've had their nonsense in SA long enough under Mbeki. Yeah eat garlic, lemons and beetroot and all will be well - that was genocide for us. Somebody must just bring that up here and they will be in bad shape. Never, never, never again. Medicine is good when it works.
- Vitamins (I guess supplements) are bad - yeah some are in high doses, most just make expensive urine either way.
- Green power - sounds like a Martian civil rights group.
What is the carbon footprint of these green activists? They don't exactly cycle or row to their destinations. Hopefully bio-diesel that doesn't use up food-crops for the poor?
Wind-power...that's cool and green.
Swine flu - yeah it's real (or was), but blown way out of proportion compared to the normal seasonal influenza. A gimmick.
edit on 25-10-2010 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by littlecloud
In all seriousness though it wouldnt suprise me if it was the majority of it, i think the big bang theory is crap

If you enjoy that topic here`s a thread you`ll love.Make sure to read the first page,then on the second is where is gets really interesting.

The thread imho is one of the best on ATS,one that needs more attention,because if true would change how we came to be.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Wow, thats so interesting! thanks for the article

i wonder why they want us to buy into their crap though..

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I haven't read the thread yet (the title says it all) good one.
I reckon at least 30% of it is based on outdated info & false assumptions.
There have been MAJOR mistakes, especially electricity/ field theory. OK i don't have the answers, but i know what they are teaching is at least 30% BS.
They gave a dutch physicist 3 million last year to do some 'gravity research'-i contacted him, being interested in the nature of his research. Turns out he's never heard of Tesla, Brown, Podkletnov, Sweet or any other of the more well-known antigravity researchers. He's never even heard of the theories-his approach is strictly theoretical (but without a single theory)-i didn't mention Tesla in case he ran screaming from the room

3 million-to write a book?
Why the hell didn't I think of that?
Is this the nature of modern research, to throw bucketfuls of money at someone to write a book that's been done many times before (and no-one will read)-and not a single cent on REAL, PHYSICAL research?
Douglas Adams was right, we are not evolved from apes, but from Golgafrinchan telephone sanitizers!!
(Man exits stage left, Mice take over)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
There is little protection except for our own personal hope.
More than the pushing of a selling campaign there is much that is untold.
Does that make for lies.
Take the time to ignore the sell, research a field of our own and tell
our findings whenever we can.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I think that wormholes and 80% of accepted cosmological theory is fantasy. I was watching a Discovery Channel show one time and the cosmologist was explaining that "If you sent an element to one end of the universe and then send another one to the opposite end, and then measure the hypotenuse that is created by your point and the two points established by the two elements, you'll find that the entire universe is actually flat." And I sat there and shook my head. "What a moron this guy thinks I am," I said to myself. As if there is any possible way for this guy to prove this "fact" of his. And yet, there he was, with all the academic authority that the letters piled up after his name gave him, stating it as if it was established reality.

Another scientist - in another similar type show - was calmly explaining how the Earth is actually a planet that was crashed into by another, smaller, planet, and that this other planet is actually buried inside of the Earth, and that this is why the Earth is like it is - which the person either didn't detail (what this swallowed planet does to make our planet what it is) or which I completely misunderstood because (again) either I'm stupid or the information didn't make any sense.

Another Quantum Theorist - on another of these shows - explained that because some researcher couldn't explain why light beams that he sent through a panel with slits in it acted inconsistently, that humans can somehow go back in time and reconfigure their past. I'll admit that this one took the honors for "most aggressive conclusions jump - Quantum Theory category", but to be honest, it's not that much more inane than the one that asserts that every instant of change launches an infinite number of entire universes that reflect the change that didn't happen. That one's got the most crippling logistical implications, even if it's less irresponsible than the going-back-in-time-because-light-beams-aren't-making-sense-to-one-researcher assertion.

Forget the controversy surrounding Global Climate Change (unless you're getting paid by a Rightwing think tank to do a public freakout over it) and start looking at the real insanity that's being passed off as science. It used to be religion that sh*t in its own bowl of cereal, but now that that's gotten every possible craziness established, it's time for people to lose their minds in the name of science.

Human beings are pathetic.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I think we are getting warmed over and soon will be toast by the people that push
bad technology on us by way of making laws.

It goes with the territory weather commercial or military.
Fuel consuming rockets for example.

I suppose it didn't matter to have advanced propulsion if we were not going to
the moon or planets anyway.

A more effective Navy was proposed long ago by Tesla.
Tapping into his world wide remote control armies might have been a wikileaks disaster
but do you think Tesla would ever give out the password.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I think everything is nonsense.

Science is just a method of observation. Not fact. Its all based on perspective and what your looking for.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

You have to remember that knowledge is power and if some group knows truths does it really mean that everyone must know it. Alot of info must be kept away from everyone, for example to stop people making weapons.

Who knows, what we learn at school seems to be just to show them that we can learn in a particular way, just so we can work within a system. The stuff we learn does not have to be true, just be there.

top topics

join