It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opposition Attracts!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
They always say that you're attracted to the person who is less like you in every way. I believe that to be true and I'm proud to boost that claim. As a man who is shy and outgoing (not a contradiction), a book worm, hopeless romantic, some what athletic, Atheist, and so forth. To me seeing a woman who is enjoyable and could care less about anything is a huge turn on for me.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I think it's true in a lot of ways.

As for me...I wouldn't want someone just like me- I annoy the piss out of myself- a LOT! Then again, I crack myself up a lot too

I'm short, I love tall men...I'm a bit scattered sometimes, so it's nice when the other half is more focused. I like to cook- he'd better like to eat!
edit on 25-10-2010 by Zoodie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Zoodie

How tall to you like your men? I'm pretty tall. 6'0.
is that tall to you or do I need to grow a couple of inches.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ImAnAlienOnMyOwnPlanet

hahaha!! Considering I'm only 5'1" ....155 cm? 6' is fine

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Zoodie

Do you have a picture beautiful?
I would love to see you in a picture.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Yeah...but the only one I really have right now is this one, as i just reformatted my pc. I just woke up in it though

Just woke up

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ImAnAlienOnMyOwnPlanet

Star for making me larf, like you tactics - ie, none

Better than me though.

I do believe opposites attract but there also has to be some underlying common ground to base a long term relationship around. Ive been out with a fairly wide variation of personalities, from older assertive manager types to youngish energetic ones and although its great fun the differences start to show after a yr or so etc. Having said that being with someone as similar could become a little stale so i reckon half way point gives the best comprimise.
cm

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Zoodie

Nice! You're a beautiful woman. My name is John. What is you name.

Keep looking beautiful!

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Well, yeah- of course there has to be common ground...other wise you'd lose interest fairly quickly. I'd want someone who enjoyed things that I do- hiking, camping, reading, video games, similar tastes in music helps a lot too. Sorry- but a guy who listens to lady gaga or lil wayne is going to make my skin crawl

Oh - my name is Jennifer, thank you for the compliment!

And hey crop! I left you something in that other thread!! I still can't sleep.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Zoodie

Cool! Lady Gaga is eh? I look at her and I just want to punch her. I don't why I want to. She screams hit me!
I like the old music! 80's and 90's.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
ha. so true.

my gf: quiet, liberal, agnostic, pre-med, athlete, skeptic.
me: can't shut up, republican, christian, law, drinks too much, constantly forwarding her interesting ats threads.

longest lasting, best relationship i've ever had. hope to marry her someday. the thing that got us together? video games. hellz yea.

oh yea and in reply to 'imanalienonmyownplanet'

i can't freaking stand lady gaga or katy perry, etc. my gf says she's the next madonna, i just can't wait for this dumb-### fad to be over. remember when artists were making statues of pregnant britney spears and people called her the next madonna? yea this too shall pass. no amount of ridiculous costumes or tweeting can save mediocre music from the ash heaps of boys2men and vanilla ice.
edit on 25-10-2010 by snusfanatic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Oh nono I can't stand that kind of music. I've always liked heavier music...very heavy, in fact, but not the lame weak crap they think is heavy nowadays
though my favorite band is Tool.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Zoodie

Tool is cool! I can't name any of my head now. There's many I like.
I enjoy getting out and seeing bands perform.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

It is seriously the truth.My husband and i are total opposites and we get along quite fine in every aspect of life.We have different views on almost everything in this world and yet dont fight or argue.He has his roll in the relationship and i mine.Its a complete opposites attract relationship and we have never been happier in our entire lives.I wish you luck in your relationship.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I always thought it was more accurate that men look for gals like their mom, and women look for guys like their dad... It really seems to hold up, when you analyze most couples...

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I think that's true in a lot of cases. I hate it though- well, I can't stand my father. However- I seem to always end up with musicians and he was a musician. Doesn't matter what I do either. I swear them off and then I'll meet someone with no immediate signs of being one...then pow- at some point we'll go some where and it'll happen. He'll sit behind a friends drum kit (or something) and start wailing away

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Zoodie

Yep, my first clue was my wife's penchant for things that are sparkly and just some stylistic things... I try not to think about it too much though....hehe...

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
See, I thought this thread was going to go in a totally different direction. I expected to hear about when you are arguing with a woman opponent, either in education or in business. She is sharp and has an almost demonic knack for anticipating your every conversational parry and rhetorical thrust.

She is obviously getting emotional, her face is flush, her lips are curled back and now she's raising her voice at you. You score a conversational point and she obviously is on the verge of losing it as she talks over you. But she isn't keeping up, and so she leans closer and closer as she starts to shake with tension, making little clenched fists at her sides. She leans in even more and practically growls at you through clenched teeth, your faces are mere inches apart.

At that point you realize how turned on you both are.

See, that's what I thought this thread would be about. How opposition attracts.

top topics

join