It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's help another grow!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
This is an idea for a thread I have had for a month or two. Since I have commented, posted, and chit chatted with many members. I'm wondering if it would be possible to start a thread where members discussed what they like and dislike about others on ATS. Not to gossip though. Let's say you seen me post comments and you said I was great at getting sources. But I wasn't respectful and that I should be more respectful. Is this a bad or good idea?

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Hello Romantic Rebel. How you doing today bro?

I would think a thread like this would soon turn into a cesspool of negative energy. Someone gets offended, a person's feelings gets hurt, then you start having personal attacks, insults, and massive flaming.

I think it's a great thing to want to help people, help people grow, develop, and change for the best. But especially over the Internet, it's too complicated to read a person's posting history and try to formulate an accurate opinion of them. No matter how I try to present myself online, it never is the full me. Too many intricacies and minute details that can't be projected through this medium.

And also, to just pick out someone and post what's wrong with them, what you want to change, what you think is correct... seems all a bit too judgemental and egotictical. Not you personally!!! When a person starts to judge and say what another should change... who's honestly the one that is true and correct enough to suggest change on another? What is right? What is wrong? Besides, don't hurt others or yourself... what is right and wrong?

I'm in a part of my spiritual growth where I am trying to NOT judge people and NOT nitpick things I would change about them. To focus on aspects of a person that you want to change is not productive. Basically it is implying that the aspect in YOU is correct, YOUR opinion is correct, and others should become mirror robots of you, and that they are wrong.

It is more beneficial to yourself to focus on positive aspects in others. Accept people for WHO they are. Understand everyone is different. Only when people hurt others or hurt theirselves, do we have a right to subject advice of change.

I think a better idea would be a sort of advice column. A person posts a problem they have, and others posts possible solutions and/or advice.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Oooohh..

I could see that getting real ugly real quick. Most people don't respond to criticism (even constructive criticism) well.

I also don't really remember names of members unless they have really impressed me or really annoyed me and even then I get confused when they change avatars.

Just to start off..
I like you Avatar, very creative
I don't like your Join date, the 6 and 9 at either end balance out nicely but I feel the 11-2 bit clashes terribly

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
this is a bad idea and i believe you know this already. stir.

top topics

join