It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The man who did not kill JFK (Interesting)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

In a few weeks a noteworthy anniversary will arrive: fifty years since the election of John F. Kennedy as president of the United States. Inevitably, as the Kennedy years are freshly examined, the name of the assassin Lee Harvey Oswald will be mentioned in the context of what might have been, if only Kennedy's path and Oswald's never had intersected.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a9cb020e4e62.jpg[/atsimg]

But there is another name that you have likely never heard: a man who might have changed history as drastically and irrevocably as Oswald did. Kennedy was elected in November 1960; a month later, this man came very close to making sure that Kennedy never served a single day in office.

His name was Richard Pavlick.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f8e85f279039.gif[/atsimg]

From an Associated Press dispatch, December 16, 1960, dateline West Palm Beach, Florida:

"A craggy-faced retired postal clerk who said he didn't like the way John F. Kennedy won the election is in jail on charges he planned to kill the president-elect. "Richard Pavlick, 73, was charged by the Secret Service with planning to make himself a human bomb and blow up Kennedy and himself."

Pavlick came much closer to killing Kennedy than most news reporters realized at the time. He was arrested in Palm Beach on December 15, 1960, in a car loaded with sticks of dynamite.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b2a2c751b93a.jpg[/atsimg]
In 1960, Richard Pavlick drove his 1950 Buick to Florida and wired it with dynamite to blow up John F. Kennedy. U.S. SECRET SERVICE

Okay. Good to the source story link to read the other details and what happened. I also found some other links but they pretty much all say the same stuff. Enjoy.

Source: www.cnn.com...
Another source: www.toledoblade.com.../20031121/NEWS08/111210127

Another piece of almost forgotten historical sidenotes. Isnt' history grand? I never heard of such a thing happening. Pretty interesting how the other big news story of the day happened and over shawdowed his story.

That other event maybe interesting to check out/or up on in itself. Anyway, I wonder how many of these type of stories are out there that we will never hear about. Scary. Who in the hell wants to be the President? SO many targets-all at once-pinned all over you.

Kennedy is lucky this guy had a heart. That's the best I can sum it up as. Let me know what you think...

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Im putting this one back up under In Case You Missed It.

I think a pretty good one that I may just posted at the wrong time... I hope you like.

I think it is a good example of police/detective work on the Feds part and a better job keeping it out of the history books.

join