It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revolution is illegal according to the 14th Amendment Sec 4 of the US Constitution

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Jesus died for his own sins, not mine.

My existence is not dependent on a man that may or may have not existed over 2000 years ago.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

Jesus died for his own sins, not mine.

Guess you're screwed then

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

I'm perfectly fine.

How many more one-liners are you going to come up with?

People tried this # on me years ago. It didn't work then and it won't work now.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

I'm perfectly fine.

How many more one-liners are you going to come up with?

People tried this # on me years ago. It didn't work then and it won't work now.

None really

The topic is sec 4 of the 14th amendment

Perhaps you have a solution for the debt issue?
edit on 25-10-2010 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
No one state in the US can survive without the others, that's the real incentive against secession. What has been created is a strong federalist government where the states are a all interdependent upon each other and the federal government to make ends meet.

On top of this, because of the illegal nature of secession, the full power of the US military would be turned upon the guardsmen of the offending state. From everything I see, there is not a single state that could stand up to this. Military defeat and repatriation would be a very quick affair. Far quicker than the vultures of overseas governments and economic ruin would take to run their course.

From a strategic standpoint, secession is suicidal for any state or even block of states to undertake. The union is preserved by the fact that none can stand alone, and it is through this unified power that the US truly is a superpower.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

I do, but the right wingers won't like it.

My solution for the debt issue is simple. Slash the military budget by at least half (or roughly $340 billion dollars per year in savings). Recall all service personnel from overseas bases, close overseas bases, & retire most personnel upon return.

I would then eliminate the Department of Homeland Security, and revert those responsibilities back to the individual agencies that used to oversee them without a budget increase. (A savings of 43.6 billion dollars per year)

I would then revoke John Boehner's tanning privileges for life.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c88cf433f796.jpg[/atsimg]
(That has to be worth a few million right there.)

Eventually without any unnecessary spending or tax increases, we will be debt free, and once we are, taxes can go down for everyone to reflect the fiscally responsible government.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

My solution for the debt issue is simple. Slash the military budget by at least half (or roughly $340 billion dollars per year in savings). Recall all service personnel from overseas bases, close overseas bases, & retire most personnel upon return.

I would then eliminate the Department of Homeland Security, and revert those responsibilities back to the individual agencies that used to oversee them without a budget increase. (A savings of 43.6 billion dollars per year)

And where is the line item that supports spending for my inter-galactic space cruiser?

By the time you get done saving imaginary monopoly money I'll be too dead to see my space ship leave planet earth.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   

And where is the line item that supports spending for my inter-galactic space cruiser?

By the time you get done saving imaginary monopoly money I'll be too dead to see my space ship leave planet earth.

And SkepticOverlord says we don't need an ignore feature.

So what you are telling me is that you're bat [snip] crazy, and to discontinue talking to you about this or any issue because I would get further talking to a wall, is that what I am getting here?

Gotcha, anyway, on to other at least half sane posters who apparently don't need copious amounts of Thorazine and a padded room.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I would not even bother replying to that poster.

Trolls are what they are.

I agree though. We don't need such a huge defense budget but don't even suggest cutting that. Righties only want to cut social services, not military spending. That's what makes them hypocrites.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

So what you are telling me is that you're bat [snip] crazy, and to discontinue talking to you about this or any issue because I would get further talking to a wall, is that what I am getting here?

You know they said the Hindenburg would never fly.

New ideas have always been met with scorn and contempt.

Perhaps you would like to explain why we owe so much money that doesn't actually exist?

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   

The problem is, that scorn and contempt becomes a lifelong habit, which is typical of many conservatives.

Free your mind.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   

The problem is, that scorn and contempt becomes a lifelong habit, which is typical of many conservatives.

Free your mind.

I think I'm pretty open minded.

Perhaps you would like to explain why we owe so much money that doesn't actually exist?

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
state coup, like the confederates.

then you shift blame to the federal government and its private banks.

that way you have all your state resources to stop any would-be invaders who still think you owe them.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Hiya, i was just thinking in history, when has a revolution been legal, well the ones that has alot of blood on its hands, im sure wherent. I wouldent worry what certain laws, stop you from acting out, you know the funny laws, that take away free rights. We has humans need some guidance, we arent always at our best. But, in the near or far future, revolutions will just be added to the book of history.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I'm starting my own revolution...Not really but I'm not going to follow the laws and rules of this corrupt and foolish government. I'm already busy using this government for money and food and I am just going to keep ignoring these debt collectors. And I find it absolutely hilarious. That's not even the worst part; how many others do you all believe are doing the same exact thing? Our country is on an unsustainable path and it's crumbling beneath us. We'd NEED a real revolution to make any true drastic changes, otherwise things are just going to get worse and worse.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
I think I'm pretty open minded.

A better question is why has the american government delegated currency issuance to the "semi-private" federal reserve corporation and why everyone(directly or indirectly) has to pay interest to them?

If the government issued the currency and loaned it directly to the banks, as the federal reserve is doing now, that means the government would be collecting the prime rate RATHER THAN OBSCURE BANKERS OPERATING BEHIND A CURTAIN OF SECRECY. And I hope by now most people realise that all governmental panels do is rubber stamp everything, with little or no say in HOW and WHY decisions get made. Talk about "FIXING" things........................................................................

That would bring the end of taxation as we know it today or at least vastly diminish it. Think about collecting interest money for every penny, nickle, dime, quarter, dollar, etc issued throughout the ages of american civilisation.

If the american government issued the money, then the money would belong DIRECTLY to the federal government and indirectly to everyone else. Government is supposed to be our care-taker, not our enemy. We allowed the european bankers to take OUR MONEY and then LOAN IT TO US AT ANY GIVEN INTEREST RATE they choose.

In all likelyhood, the federal government is HELD HOSTAGE by an all-powerfull banking cartel, because people through ignorance and IMPLICIT consent have allowed and/or even encouraged them to continue their USURY unabated for decades. I will venture to say this "elite" scum has a choke-hold on most(if not all) of the worlds' economies, has a world-wide monopoly on drugs, a monopoly on serious weaponry, a monopoly on WHO GETS TO RUN FOR OFFICE, a monopoly on worthwhile(probably of alien origin) technology, a monopoly on precious metals, and god/satan knows what else.
edit on 25-10-2010 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
This whole thread is Downright "silly"
i.e. The fed govs says its illegal to overthrow it?)
( well of course it does...)
if you violently overthrow the fed gov the fed gov won't pay"your" debt...the whole idea would be to beat the fed gov back inside the bottle it was supposed to stay in.At that point we have gone so far past "legal" and "illegal" Debt is the least of the issues. People would be fighting for their lives the " contract law" doesn't really play in

Besides Its easy to say;
it makes for some catchy one liners;
It brings out the false bravado among the keyboards commandos;

Its NOT ever gonna happen.

Media and leftwing hacks hang on every juicy word like a succulent BBQ rib: ." one Dallas pastor says" revolution is on the table":and all tea party folks (including me and my other 50 year old neighbors are blood thirsty revolutionary terrorists".

We have entirely too much to loose.. After seeing the hardcore divide play out between right and left in this country; neither able to persuade the other; just plenty of name calling). Who can say which way the head would go once we let go of this fire hose? I'd imagine Only the meanest most violent cartel would rule at the top We don't control our legislators now. They pass stuff all the time,you look at it and go noooooo!.(i.e.pdd 51)..

What we want is "accountability". We seem to have stepped away from our 3 co-equal but separate parts of govt. When did that happen? What legislators or Judges failed "by omission" to reign in the power of the executive branch to its intended levels.

Conservatives don't want to rip up the gov. we just want to be left alone. Candidates are are alway "saying send me to D.C. I'l get something done!!!
Gaaaah! Scares me. I would just as soon have our citizen legislators meet once a month; vote on an item or two and go home to their district. Quit taking what we have worked for! Leave us alone!

"You'll know.. everybody has their own lines in the sand; Only When the that point is breached people will feel it's better to engage in violence than suffer under the yoke of an opressive govt.

Even any declaration of "Martial law will certainly come with the caveat of it being: "temporary". Psychologically 95% of people will say:" Oh its only " "temporary"? Okay then, give me my fed ration card and we'll wait it out". (Who decides what 'temporary" means? 6months? A year? A lifetime?).

Stop frothing at the mouth libs: for it to ever come to gun play things would have to be so far out of whack we'd all be fighting along side each other against plainly visible infractions.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I'm not an American citizen and certainly not a lawyer, but would the breach of any laws written in the Constitution, concerning revolution, be treated in court today as they would have before the Presidency of G.W.Bush? It's sad that the American Constitution, a symbol of hope and freedom for people all over the world was shredded and stomped upon by a President whom if anything, should have been charged with treason. If he can get away with it, why not everyone else? I'm hoping most American citizens haven't followed Bush's example, and still have the respect for the Constitution it deserves as being the most important signed document in the history of the U.S.A..

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
As far as I can deduce, the 14th amendment was NEVER properly ratified. It was signed by the President but the states did not vote for it legally. Found this link to a 'country boy' who has some interesting ideas with some valid proof of all the evils the 14th Amendment has wrought upon the citizenry of this country:

14th Amendment legality

Some here might wish to take the 17 minutes to watch and think about it!

Zindo

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordTacos
I'm starting my own revolution...Not really but I'm not going to follow the laws and rules of this corrupt and foolish government. I'm already busy using this government for money and food and I am just going to keep ignoring these debt collectors. And I find it absolutely hilarious. That's not even the worst part; how many others do you all believe are doing the same exact thing? Our country is on an unsustainable path and it's crumbling beneath us. We'd NEED a real revolution to make any true drastic changes, otherwise things are just going to get worse and worse.

Lots of people think we need a revolution. Not necessarily a violent revolution, but it does need to be effective.

Problem is the PTB are already calling the shots from an un-official position of power and control all the capitalist militaries of the world, have all the technology on their side, have all the mainstream media puppets on thier side, big pharma, lawyers, judges, politicians.....ecetera..........

Any violent revolution with less than 51% of the population is doomed to fail, even before it gets started. The tea party itself has been compromised almost beyond repar as everyone seems to think *RICH BRAT, DOES NOT WANT TO PAY TAXES* group. In reality its much, much, much more than that BUT AGAIN they control media and twist everything out of context.

At this point we have to win the information war(propaganda) before hoping for anything else. You can't fight an invisible enemy any more than you can fight against non-real events. We know what is real and what is not, but most people still don't and some may never find out. If things get really ugly that can only work in the PTB's advantage because as I said earlier they have worldwide monopolies of anything and everything important!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join