It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More And More, We Are More And More Of Suckers, Yet The Less We Do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

The gig as Cenk says is NOT up, because alot of people wouldn`t believe this and many would still support it despite knowing.

The partisanship of these two is completely stupid, but despite that, the `reporting` the news portion is pretty nuts when all compiled into one segment.

I did not know that Haliburton charged 1K per load for laundry, that`s insane
How did people allow this to happen and continue

This is madness!

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I just have one question and that is how have you moved to stop it and what have you done other than a post on a forum?

Now, this isn't meant as any sort of personal attack, my point is that thread after thread after thread continues to go up with regards to the "people" doing nothing and yet no alternative is suggested nor is any course of action. So my concern is this: problems without solutions... Is that all this and other discussions like this, really are about?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
I just have one question and that is how have you moved to stop it and what have you done other than a post on a forum?
So my concern is this: problems without solutions... Is that all this and other discussions like this, really are about?

Did you know that Haliburton charged 1K a load?
If not then that's one point right there, spreading awareness.

Yes thread after thread people discuss this and argue how come people aren't doing anything.
people = groups of people not individuals

yes more and more threads, and then more and more dialogue via web or not and eventually the bubble will pop.

I try to do what I can, I try and spread awareness, donated to some good causes, volunteered in helping vets and homeless here and there.
I don't know, how much do you want to know?
What have you done?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

More And More, We Are More And More Of Suckers, Yet The Less We Do?

For people to mobilize together for change that "change" must first be agreed upon and be relevant to whomever is acting... If it's not, there is inaction. For people to act, whatever motivates them must be real and tangible and have impact on their lives and perhaps more importantly, they have to see how a proposed solution might actually work. If you want people to act, give them a reason and a way they understand.

We are inundated with problems without solutions every day, all day. Is it any wonder that eventually people will tune it out? There is only so much that can be focused on at any one time and first and foremost, that will probably be one's own family situation. If people are struggling, will you see them care much about what some "entity" is charging for laundry? How is this directly relevant to any one person and why would this motivate groups to gather for change? and, what change do they want? Is that something that the group can even agree on? And let's not forget that just because one group wants "this change" another group may not want that same "change"...
Just food for thought.

ETA: I'm just asking questions, nothing directly implied personally.

edit on 24-10-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Fair enough

I did not take offense however I do think coming up with a solution would be more efficient than asking "what have you done".

Instead of "what have you done?" how about "hey guys, let's do this".

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

To the topic of privatized prisons - I think this is a very scary direction the Govt. has helped the Private sector move into and there are numerous examples of abuses that have occurred within this industry BUT they have been helped and supported by those who work for the Govt. including judges who have accepted bribes (money or some other gift for handing down certain sentences to certain demographics) and of course, financial abuse. It really is going to get worse (IMO) as I do believe that we will see more privatized industries taking over former Govt. responsibilities.

new topics

top topics

join