It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonic Undertones in Chronicles of Riddick?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Anyone see Chronicales of Riddick yet?

It was odd how during my viewing of the film that I couldn't help but notice the underlinind tones of Freemasonry in the Necromonger race...

Anyone else catch this?

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
do you have any examples? i don't plan on watching this movie

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I havent seen it yet.....
but Vin Diesel is HOT!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Well, I saw the movie, but really didn't see any Masonic symbols or concepts in anything in the movie...

But, Masonic symbols are so archetypical, so integrated into western culture that I guess you pretty much can't do anything without a nod to masonry...

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Well, Im not too well acquainted with the Masons, but I saw this thread before I went and saw the movie, so I was on thelookout. I found some amazing parallels between the bad guys and Christians. First- their tower has 3 faces, the holy trinity? Next, the key type thing that the lord uses to activate the end of the world looks a whole lot like the crucifix. The howle concept of first being in pan and then being freed is alot of what happened to Jesus is the crucifixtion (sp?), as he is tortured but eventually given heaven. The brutality of their conversion seems alot like the way many comon missionaries scare people into converting. Plus, their armor resembles more of the armor of the knights in the crusade (also compares with them taking over different planets/ spreading christianity) rather than futuristic. but maybe i was just being overly attentive because i had seen this thread before i saw the movie.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
wasn't the point of the original post that there are MASONIC elements in Riddick?

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

proberly best put into this topic on ats havent seen the film yet so I could not say

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scat
I found some amazing parallels between the bad guys and Christians.

Wow, I hadn't noticed it before but now that you mention it, it is quite closely related to Christianity. Chalk one up for conspiracy!

new topics

top topics

join