It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq war logs: US turned over captives to Iraqi torture squads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Iraq war logs: US turned over captives to Iraqi torture squads

www.guardian.co.uk

The 400,000 field reports published by the whistleblowing website at the weekend contain an official account of deliberate threats by a military interrogator to turn his captive over to the Iraqi "Wolf Brigade".

The interrogator told the prisoner in explicit terms that: "He would be subject to all the pain and agony that the Wolf battalion is known to exact upon its detainees."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
So a lot of people have been saying that bad things happen in war... And while this is true... I'm appalled at the fact that our forces actually knowingly handed over detainees to torture squads...

I don't think I've ever been so repulsed.... It is time for those who signed FRAGO 242 to answer to a war tribunal.

Your thoughts?

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

This is not a new information, why is there such a shock.

The US have been giving captives to proxy states for a long time now.

People have been saying this for a long time.

CIA has many secret torture camps.

If the case is sensetive, they send them to places like Egypt to get tortured, now Iraq and Afghanistan, even Saudi Arabia.

Many, many proxy states US has to do its dirty war crimes and get away with it. That is exactly why the US has inherited the strategy of rogue empire. Being a rogue empire is a strategy, I don't think people understand, but it is a very advantageous strategy. It would only take you 1 hour of thinking to understand why US would want to hide its borders and why the US would not officially outline its border. We all know Japan is part of the US, but why don't we see it in the map?

Perfect Strategy

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by HunkaHunka

This is not a new information, why is there such a shock.

The US have been giving captives to proxy states for a long time now.

People have been saying this for a long time.

CIA has many secret torture camps.

If the case is sensetive, they send them to places like Egypt to get tortured, now Iraq and Afghanistan, even Saudi Arabia.

Many, many proxy states US has to do its dirty war crimes and get away with it. That is exactly why the US has inherited the strategy of rogue empire. Being a rogue empire is a strategy, I don't think people understand, but it is a very advantageous strategy. It would only take you 1 hour of thinking to understand why US would want to hide its borders and why the US would not officially outline its border. We all know Japan is part of the US, but why don't we see it in the map?

Perfect Strategy

Please explain this Robert Green like insight you have just pointed out please. Why is being a rogue empire a strategy? Is it wise to isolate yourself like that king, cant remember his name, in the "three kingdoms" story who had a wall and a moat built around his kingdom, which opposing forces set fire to; forcing the king to flee and the slaughter of many of his soldiers and subjects?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by fonenyc

Rogue empire means hidden from the public view.

The Rogue empire is the US empire, the US is much bigger than this:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6eca03bcf63c.gif[/atsimg]

One obvious piece of land which the US doesn't admit is Japan. That is as obvious as it can be.

Why is this strategy advantageous?

Because you can use your hidden states for many reasons, they can even pretend to be friends with the enemy, therefore spy on the enemy.

They can be used to start illegal war, hence Saddam Hussein against Iran.

I can go on, but I want to see if you get it up to this point.

oz

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Please do go on...

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by oozyism

Please do go on...

Another advantage is in the UN, where US empire acts as separate independent state, creating confusion.

Confusion is one of the best war tools you can have.

Think about Saudi Arabia, it is part of the US empire, but it acts as if it is not, when Saudi Arabia supports terrorists in behalf of US, in world stage US name won't be tarnished, and US credibility.

Most of Europe is also part of the US empire, I think I explained why before?

Now if you look at US as a rogue empire, the beef between Iran and US can be very clear, and can be understood very well.

The beef started after the Islamic revolution against US puppet, before the revolution Iran was simply a US territory, US was the Ayatollah of Iran.

Now Iran is not, and Many important Muslim nations around that region want to gain their independence like Iran. Why do you think the US always says that they are trying to stop Iranian influence? What is Iranian influence? If Iran influences other countries, other countries will start their own revolutions and rule their own affairs once more.

That is why Iran has been threatened, sanctioned and bombed by the US, trying to stop Iran from influencing other nations, but all of those wrong policy have backlashed, and now US is stuck in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Should I go on?

top topics

join