It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's and the Media

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This thread can be a general topic about UFO's and Aliens in the media.

But I just wanted to make one point first. There is no evidence that I'm aware of that the US Government has something to do with movies and television regarding Aliens and UFO's.

It is all in the writer's imagination to come up with the story line.

HOWEVER

The increase with UFO's in the Media means one thing:

More and more people are interested in the subject. Period. More people in the World believe in Aliens/UFO's. Capitalizing off 2012? Really I don't think so. How many Y2K movies were there?

Did the Disclosure Project, Larry King, The Phoneix Lights, The Stephenville Sighting make a huge impact on people?

What caused so many different people in the film and television industry to jump on the Alien/UFO bandwagon?
edit on 24-10-2010 by game over man because: spelling

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by game over man

ATS

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by game over man
This thread can be a general topic about UFO's and Aliens in the media.

But I just wanted to make one point first. There is no evidence that I'm aware of that the US Government has something to do with movies and television regarding Aliens and UFO's.

It is all in the writer's imagination to come up with the story line.

HOWEVER

The increase with UFO's in the Media means one thing:

More and more people are interested in the subject. Period. More people in the World believe in Aliens/UFO's. Capitalizing off 2012? Really I don't think so. How many Y2K movies were there?

Did the Disclosure Project, Larry King, The Phoneix Lights, The Stephenville Sighting make a huge impact on people?

What caused so many different people in the film and television industry to jump on the Alien/UFO bandwagon?
edit on 24-10-2010 by game over man because: spelling

Why do people jump on the bandwagon? because its a bandwagon that makes money. It gets VIEWERS.

Im not saying you said this, but it seems like everytime a high profile UFO, book, or movie, or tv show comes out there are those in the UFO community who scream, "OMG! DISCLOSURE IS COMING! THEY ARE CONDITIONING US FOR DISCLOSURE" and you know what? It doesnt come.

The governments of the world do not have some committee that dictates what movies and shows are to be made about UFOs. The networks do it because they know it will get viewers. Because even skeptics will tune into UFO shows, if for no other reason to see whats new.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
What makes you think that it's only recently that the tv/movie industry have became interested in the whole alien thing?

If you go & do a little checking, you will find that after Kenneth Arnold/Roswell incidents, there were huge numbers of alien related movies released. In fact, record amounts in a year that still haven't been beaten to this day.

Sci-Fi/Aliens is a genre that sells. Simple as that! Look at all the horror movies over the past century (vampires, werewolves, dracula, monsters, ghosts, demons, frankenstein, zombies etc, etc. Thanks to all that Twilight kack, vampires are back in fashion.

As long as anything continues to bring in money to it's creators, then there will always be a market for it (regardless if it happens to involve aliens, monsters, or any sort of supernatural forces).

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Right. Viewers love UFO and Alien TV shows and Movies, very true! But why the increase? Any one event caused this snowball effect?

I'd also like to mention, film and tv writers are artist and yes, artist still do release things to show the world their artistic viewpoint, skill, talent, and creativity, and not to make millions.

Sci-Fi doesn't make millions in most cases. Jersy Shore, Jackass, Survivor, American Idol, South Park, things like that are the big profits. However there are examples of Sci-Fi movies and TV shows being a huge success, Star Wars/Star Trek. But we don't live in a sociey dominated by Sci-Fi film and television.

So, why the increase? Honestly you think it's all due to viewer requests? No inner passion from the writer(s)?

Anyone know why some writers have written Alien and UFO movies or tv shows? I know Steven Spieldberg has had interviews of why he made Close Encounters of the Third Kind and Star Wars, but currently, what is going on with people writing movies and tv shows about Aliens and UFO's more so than ever before?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by big_BHOY

Right! The 50's and 60's campy Sci Fi movies! Why were they so popular? What motivated viewer requests, and what motivated writers and inspired writers to create these films and tv shows?

But Sci-Fi and Horror have not dominated the film and television industry. Are there more Sci-Fi movies/tv shows than Horror? What would that answer indicate?
edit on 24-10-2010 by game over man because: spelling/grammer

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I went to the movies yesterday, and saw the trailer for Skyline, and it started me thinking on this exact topic.

I had heard the "Hollywood preparing us" theory before, and find it pretty interesting, but movies tend to come in "seasons" for example, we're just getting out of the Comic Book one, as well as zombie movies.

Does that mean we should be on the look out for the Zompocalypse? Or even masked superheroes?

Not to say that it might not be true, I just don't think it's as clear cut as some people make it out to be.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lapzod

I'm not implying that there is some Hollywod agenda, but I think the amount of Sci-Fi gives more creedence to the idea of Alien visitation.

And, if all of a sudden there is an overwhelming amount of UFO/Alien movies and TV programming happening all at once, what would that imply?

I think it just shows that a lot of people are interested in the subject!

Money=People's investments/sponsorships
Viewers=People are interested in the subject
Writers=Also interested in the subject

To skeptics, So writers will write about anything, to make some money? Give me an example of a famous writer, who one day said, (probably in their youth) I want to be a writer to make a lot of money one day...

Who are the writers behind Sci-Fi? Anybody in the World of Sci-Fi have no prior experience in writing or interest in Sci-Fi and decided to become a Sci-Fi writer and hit it big, because he knew it would be a huge cash crop?

I don't think so. I thik it's evidence of a wide acceptance of the belief in Alien visitation.

new topics

top topics

join