It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama fixing the deficit in next two years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

I'm pretty sure we can't fix the deficit but I am happy to see someone finally try

And it would be really cool if he actually did fix it

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
From the same source

Obama says the most frustrating part of his presidency is that he had to keep spending money and adding to the deficit in his first six months in office "to save the economy." He has from the start called deficit reduction a goal, but one that had to get bumped in favor of sparking the economy.

There in lies the problem with the Government. Thinking they are the ones with the answer...all 500+ of them as opposed to the 300 million + private citizens that actually can effect the economy positively.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kid_cudi

At least he's admitting that he was in a situation where there wasn't a win.

Oh no, a politician is being reasonable! Everybody run before people on the right start attacking him for being honest.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
That article is nothing but PR. The truth is, under the privately owned, fractional reserve central banking scheme, it is mathematically impossible to ever pay down our national debt. Until we free ourselves from the Fed, and Congress takes back their duty to coin money, we are sheep to be shorn, the property of a handful of international banking families, and that is the unfortunate reality of things.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

At least he's admitting that he was in a situation where there wasn't a win.

Oh no, a politician is being reasonable! Everybody run before people on the right start attacking him for being honest.

It takes more than honesty to be the president. Since when did honesty fix all the worlds problems and honesty must be why he has such low presidential approval ratings? After all I'm honest!
edit on 24-10-2010 by kid_cudi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
So Obama is making the claim that "he saved the economy" by throwing money at it???? He's living on dreams and hopes and those two things don't fix a thing! What's he gonna say in 2012 when we're another trillion in debt? Sorry guys this problem is taking a little longer than expected but don't worry in 4 more years I will make it disappear!!

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
lmao
sorry I just had to laugh at this.
maybe he could cancel his
Taj Mahal visit and save a Billion
dollars and add it back to the
treasury.

i think a phone call to India
costs about 15 cents a minute
or maybe he hadn't heard of this
technology yet.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
So Obama is making the claim that "he saved the economy" by throwing money at it????

lmao, yea right !!!!

that's almost as good as Harry Reid saying
he personally stopped a world wide depression.

This is called "God-ego Syndrome".

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

well man the way i see it the financial crisis and the housing bubble bursting was a market correction.

over inflated prices came down to whats suppose to happen prices fell for the reason they are suppose to fall.

capitalism wealth is created and wealth is destroyed thats they way its suppose to work.

and what was the governments answers to the supposed financial crisis? pour more money in to keep the over inflated prices going..

bush and obama spent money they shouldnt have obama added to the deficit when he should not have and now we are paying the price and the future the price will be even higher because government just cant let "free market" be.

thats what free market capitalism is : the absense of government intervention..

end the fed or a gradual phase out and reduce the trillions of dollars in circulation can help fix the deficit.

the reason the value of the dollar is crap right now is due to the over manipulation of it now if you pull out the cash in the system and let the value of the dollar climb in theory you could almost cut in half the national debt which means we are not borrowing as much and if we werent printing as much and the "yayhoos" in washington dc got their heads out of the butts and end the manipulation of the free market we just might be ok.

for anyone who reads that post please point out the error of my thoughts please :p
edit on 24-10-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

well man the way i see it the financial crisis and the housing bubble bursting was a market correction.

over inflated prices came down to whats suppose to happen prices fell for the reason they are suppose to fall.

capitalism wealth is created and wealth is destroyed thats they way its suppose to work.

and what was the governments answers to the supposed financial crisis? pour more money in to keep the over inflated prices going..

bush and obama spent money they shouldnt have obama added to the deficit when he should not have and now we are paying the price and the future the price will be even higher because government just cant let "free market" be.

thats what free market capitalism is : the absense of government intervention..

end the fed or a gradual phase out and reduce the trillions of dollars in circulation can help fix the deficit.

the reason the value of the dollar is crap right now is due to the over manipulation of it now if you pull out the cash in the system and let the value of the dollar climb in theory you could almost cut in half the national debt which means we are not borrowing as much and if we werent printing as much and the "yayhoos" in washington dc got their heads out of the butts and end the manipulation of the free market we just might be ok.

for anyone who reads that post please point out the error of my thoughts please :p
edit on 24-10-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

I got bored half way thru you're post and could not finish reading. It really didnt have anything to do with how I feel about the whole of idea of Obama trying to fix the deficit. So from I actually did read you said a few good things but nothing to make me start a conversation with you.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

So you are going to deflect what Neo said (who, by previous posts have come to a point where we have butt heads) and deflect it off in response by saying you don't want to respond?

I don't agree with what Neo said, but he is providing feedback and dialogue to the post. If you don't want to engage, then you have shown your colors are one who only engages with those of like mind and like interest and unwilling to engage in debate of the ideas presented.

ETA: Overal....this statement by Neo is correct: That the free market is without State intervention (paraphrasing)
edit on 25-10-2010 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I don't get it. He said he had to spend to 'fix' the economy. but the economy isn't fixed. If he was a man of principle he'd keep spending, since that's what he believes 'fixes' the economy. I guess he either believed spending was the right solution and has abandoned that principle in hopes of not being tea-partied out of office in 2 years. or he never believed that spending was the answer and was just an opportunistic parasite trying to make a historic name for himself, passing gigantic, worthless bills spending trillions of dollars for no other reason then to not let a crisis go to waste.

Well I guess the third option could be that he's delusional enough to think that he already 'fixed' things.

1. abandoning what he believes for his own political gain
2. never believing in the efficacy of his supposed solutions, but doing them anyway for his own person again or
3. delusional.

take your pick folks.
edit on 25-10-2010 by snusfanatic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
The democrats are going to lose a lot of seats to the republicans at this next election because of the approval ratings from what Obama has done. If you don't believe me just look at the facts.

top topics

join