It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Details not released of "quickly arranged meeting, held at an airport" between U.S. Treasury Secre

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The whole article below. Wouldn't you LOVE to have been a fly on the wall??

www.marketwatch.com...

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner met with China's Vice Premier Wang Qishan on Sunday to discuss economic relations between the two countries, according to media reports. Details of the quickly arranged meeting, held at an airport in the eastern Chinese city of Qingdao, were not released. The meeting follows the close of the G-20 meeting of finance ministers in South Korea, where ministers pledged to avoid competitive currency manipulations and reduce trade imbalances.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

This could be really really good, or really really bad. Whenever Timmah is involved, I usually lean towards the latter.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by erumisato

Yeah, unfortunately, I agree with you. Not looking so good.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Wouldn't you LOVE to have been a fly on the wall??

www.marketwatch.com...

... U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner met with China's Vice Premier Wang Qishan on Sunday to discuss economic relations between the two countries ...

I imagine the conversation went something like this.

Mr Qishan we have several fine national parks to choose from.

Did you have a particular national monument or park that you would like to purchase?

Perhaps you would prefer to purchase a state instead?

I hear Hawaii is beautiful this time of the year.
edit on 24-10-2010 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
this is not good for the world
as now every country with a different currency
is gonna think the US and China are making
secret deals and not including the rest of the
world.

Matter of fact, that is probably what is
happening. Tim is asking China to lay
off crashing Wall Street. If they crash
Wall Street, China doesn't get it's
invested money back. Probably
blackmail on both sides.
Both snakes agreeing to share
the same meal.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I recently read about the Fed and the quantitative easing part 2 it was about to implement.
Quantitative easing is basically printing a bunch of money then giving it directly to banks.

In this case, it was to be used in place of a second bank bailout.

I'm sure China would chime in on this, if it were true.
Link

That link isn't the exact article, but gets to the gist of it.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oaktree

I recently read about the Fed and the quantitative easing part 2

This means more free stuff yes?

Sounds great I got a spaceship to build.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Unfortunately no, it means things will be costing a lot more. When the FED prints money it devalues the dollar. This means it will cost more dollars to purchase basic commodities for the manufacturing of and transporting of the goods and services we consume on an everyday basis here in the US of A.
The additional costs to produce these goods and services are trickled down to the consumer by the increased price of products on the store shelves. This is called inflation. If they print too much money we could have hyperinflation. That is when you go to bed and bread is $2.00 a loaf and when you get up it is $4.00 a loaf. When you get off work at the end of the day it is $6.00 a loaf.
Research the Weimar Republic
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by murfdog

Unfortunately no, it means things will be costing a lot more.

Does it really matter if we build my spaceship with a dollar worth 0 or 200?

I mean a Zillion dollars is still a lot of money if you know what I mean.

Relax folks theres enough funny money for all.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Well, I don’t have a clue as to what it costs to build a space ship today. I mean it is just so hard to find good help these days and with china hording all the rare earth stuff it just keeps getting harder and harder. I mean what’s a tinfoil hatter to do?
But I can almost guarantee that it will be costing you a lot more US dollars by the end of the year.
Maybe your space ship can find some intelligent life to replace timothy Geithner and Ben Bernanke.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Huh, I was just reading an email about this, my friend Sherrie said it all when she said...

Well, we have arrived what might be at the final nail in the coffin. I guess the other countries have decided they will not intervene in the devaluation of the dollar anymore. The G-20 countries have said, they will not have a currency war and will let the dollar do what it will. Even Japan it seems is resigned to the Yen going up against the dollar. Gosh, Japan has already dumped who knows how many billions down the drain, trying to keep the U.S. dollar Up against the Yen, but all the interventions have failed!

Besides the countries know they can not compete with the Fed, who seems intent on destruction of the U.S. dollar. In fact it has come out today the Fed will buy 2 Trillion of U.S. Treasury bonds if they have to, to get inflation where they want it! (Yeah, Weimer, hyperinflation, to inflate our way out of Debt) Hello Zimbabwe - you got room for us?

So there will be a 500 Billion buy from the Fed as part of the QE program and then more if need be. (Yeah, no one else will touch the U.S. debt now).

I wonder if China and Japan will furiously try to unload as many T-bills/bonds as they can in the next few weeks?

What will be coming? Well, just talk to someone from Germany who is still alive from the Weimer days and chat with someone from Zimbabwe, you then might get an idea, of what the U.S. future holds when everyone drops the dollar like it is the Paper that it is! Just That - Paper that is printed with Green Ink and Nothing to back it, but a printing press!

--
Posted By Sherrie Questioning All to Sherrie Questioning All at 10/24/2010 09:42:00 PM

sherriequestioningall.blogspot.com...

This was NOT acceptable protocol on the part of Tim. More than likely it was another failed attempt to seduce China into not creating the death of the dollar. People seem to think we are just to good to be forced into a Zimbabwe situation but it can happen in the blink of an eye.
edit on 24-10-2010 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Well, I don’t have a clue as to what it costs to build a space ship today.

But I can almost guarantee that it will be costing you a lot more US dollars by the end of the year.

Well it certainly would have been cheaper to build the spaceship 100 years ago than it would be today.

Why didn't they at least try?

What do you expect the pricetag on an intergalactic starcruiser is in todays dollars?

What would such a project cost 100 years from now?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Why do you think Ray Bradbury used the term 'credits' instead of dollars in Star Trek scripts? Credits are just another word for fiat money. It's a way to barter without needing anything to back it up.
Probably a gazzillion credits for NCC1701-A and maybe 200 Gazziliion for NCC1701-D!

Zindo

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone

Why do you think Ray Bradbury used the term 'credits' instead of dollars in Star Trek scripts? Credits are just another word for fiat money. It's a way to barter without needing anything to back it up.
Probably a gazzillion credits for NCC1701-A and maybe 200 Gazziliion for NCC1701-D!

Zindo

Credits what a great idea.

The great thing about credits is you don't need to print them.

Whoever has the highest credit score wins right?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Unfortunately no, it means things will be costing a lot more. When the FED prints money it devalues the dollar. This means it will cost more dollars to purchase basic commodities for the manufacturing of and transporting of the goods and services we consume on an everyday basis here in the US of A.
The additional costs to produce these goods and services are trickled down to the consumer by the increased price of products on the store shelves. This is called inflation. If they print too much money we could have hyperinflation. That is when you go to bed and bread is $2.00 a loaf and when you get up it is $4.00 a loaf. When you get off work at the end of the day it is $6.00 a loaf.
Research the Weimar Republic
en.wikipedia.org...

Ah now the movie " I Am Legend" is making absolute sense.... remember the hyperinflated price of gas in the movie?... well that was posted to adjust us to that future reality and accept it when it happened.... the zombies will be the masses that, of course, will be the enemy; also known as the people.... and the military so strained overseas will be advised to block us in our "cities" and let us kill each other... mfers they think it will be that easy?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

Originally posted by ZindoDoone

Zindo

You see money is fiat or basically nothing backing it as far as precious metals etc.... what credit is, or fiat money, is a receipt of services rendered to the system... you get paid for your experience/skill/specialty, with a dollar backed by experience.... so lets say you need a toilet fixed, call the plumber and pay him money that you earned; what the plumber gets is the money you got paid from working, lets say, at Verizon.... the same phone company he had when he picked up the phone to answer your call and setup your appointment.... there is the transaction before the transaction.... credit is bad when it comes to foreign policy unless we are in a NWO... or have two currencies... one for homeland and one for overseas... lets see what happens

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
heres schiff talking about the G20 meeting, I love his analogies. It's amusing how the US is telling everyone else to lower their economic success to come down to our level. we're truly in for a world of hurt very soon

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The time has come to strip the Fed of its money creating power.
Ron Paul had the right idea with an audit of their manipulations of our currency as well as other countrys money.
I aam sure that there are plenty of insider deals and currency swindles that would come to light.
I believe that the only answer is to redistribute the wealth through taxation of the corporate citizens of the world.
Currently tax loopholes abound for the rich whos real contribution to society is negligable compared to their monopoly on the economic future of the people.
Good times or bad the moneyed always prosper.The bonuses just get bigger for the CEos, and the workibng man has to take less or loose his livelihood......some equality id say....There is no referee to keep the hands of the rich out of the pockets of the poor.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

Let's go further with this... if you don't issue paper for the credits then how do vendors, etc. know that you have enough credits to cover your transaction with them? Mmmm.. by the little chip that's been implanted in your right hand maybe?

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I just reread my last post and realized I 'Credited' the wrong person. It should have said 'Gene Roddenberry'!

You would think a 'Trekkie' from the 60's would at least get that right!!!
DUH!!!

ZIndo

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join