It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Magick doesn't exist!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
OK, maybe I should re-phrase that as a question, since I'm not really sure.

Of course, magick and it's cousin prayer can arise from morally complicated situations, where one may wish for an outcome that is based on various, complex emotions.

One thing I've noted about "white magicians" is that they follow religious terms like "karma" (reap what you sow), or "no curses".
What about a love spell, a banning spell towards a person, or a protection spell that bounces the evil intention back to the sender?

I'd say all such spells interfere with the happiness of another person, and they are indeed intended black magick.
Why the hypocrisy?
A bouncing spell is tit-for-tat, a love spell undermines another's free will, and any spell affecting another person is unwanted interference (assuming any of it works).

If it was ever proven that spells or prayers really worked, there would be a lot of lawsuits for psychic assault or religious manslaughter.
edit on 24-10-2010 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Of course...

That's why white magic isn't seen or noticed. Ik can only be used to counter a black magic spell.

It can make your luck change in your favor by creating a positive flow on and in everyday life.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
There is no White, or Black, ... good, or bad, .... and this isn't Kindergarten.

At the end of the day there is only my Will, and yours.

who wants it more ? perceived outcomes are negligable.
edit on 24-10-2010 by IntastellaBurst because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

I assume not noticed in the actual effect when done anonymously?

Otherwise it's been the public billboard for Wicca, witchcraft, paganisms since the 1970s.
All is good because it's "white magic"
It sounds almost neo-colonial nowadays - like sanitized constructed Western magic - indeed, quaint "white magic".

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Here's the basic philosophy used by most mystics, "There is no such thing as Black or White magick. No good or evil magick, just good or evil people." The idea behind this is the same idea that revolves around religion. Just as the bible can be used in negative or a positive ways, magick is the same in this regard. It all depends on the person and the context in which it is used.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Well actually both white and black magicians exist on the same spectrum but opposing ends. Both ends are non-human. Most practioners exist somehwere on the spectrum pprobably the grey bit. I would not go to any witch to explain a complex theological issue such as yours . Don't get be wrong I am an initiated witch but was first a magician.

The entire concept of Karma is also highly complex...

Try not to caste the first stone and if given any option to hurt try to be mild are pretty good attitudes. try to do good is also a nice way to live.

my 2cts

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

From what I have come to understand about these dualistic kinds of 'majick' or whatever you want to call it; on the black path, one finds benefit through the suffering of others while on the white path one benefits through one's own suffering. The second LOTR movie in which Gandolf becomes the White is a good example of these kinds of ideas in art. This dualistic framework is just the kind of thing that will serve to narrow and dim the vision of anyone interested in exploring the vast spectrum of thoughts and ideas that aren't necessarily black or white.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
To the OP... it seems to me that you do not know what white magic is. It seems that you do not know what "magic" is, quite frankly. It's all just imagined sides of karma. The line separating dark from light is thin indeed, as if it's not even there...

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I have many beliefs that jive with wicca but am firm on never,ever playing with magick again.Back in high school before I was intelligent enough to understand what the occult was about we played a bit. Harmlessly or so we thought..

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
isn't Majick the art of changing or altering the natural forces of nature...

white & black are just two poles of the source,
light & dark/good & evil/positive & negative .... are subjective components

i.e.: a spell to make something die is not necessarily a 'bad' thing...
it's the natural order of things... the soil is enriched by the corpse materials,
and flowers germinate in the spring. such is the cycle of life

youse are all stretching credibility & discarding the law of illumination

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

isn't Majick the art of changing or altering the natural forces of nature...

Since we are always interacting with the environment and nature, everything you do can be seen with the principals of this dualistic thinking, not just some kind of invocation or eye of newt stew. Dualism is discarding the laws of illumination in my mind. One thing for sure is anyone who seeks power, white or black, is coming from an egocentric place....... and you said:

Originally posted by St Udio

youse are all stretching credibility & discarding the law of illumination

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst
There is no White, or Black, ... good, or bad, .... and this isn't Kindergarten.

Bravo 'stella!

Any talk of "black" and "white" or even "right" and "wrong" are subjective. If I am starving and I kill you because you have food, it's "wrong" from your point of view, but very "right" from mine.

Guilt is a luxury. The biological and survival imperatives trump guilt time and time again.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Sure, so there is indeed no white or black magic.
It is all shades of gray.

Thats not exactly what teens are told when they purchase all the implied "white magic" manuals and tools.
So everyone agrees, it's a scam?

If somebody curses me, and my magic bubble sends that back 3 times to the original intention, I could cause that person's death.
Yet, this is happily advertised as white magic.
And then that comes 3 times back to me and so forth...

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Well...

I personally feel the world consists of more then what we see, hear, and smell.

Some have a way to use, see or hear more of the world then what is considered reality.
Others simply call it knowledge.

IMO this knowledge is what makes some of the ancient humans stuff we find so hard to understand how they dunn it.

I do think it is a very neutral thing/concept. Nothing is black or white. But... There are countless of shades of gray

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

I think that's part of the crux.

In prayer or magick we can do what we cannot in "real" life.
We can banish and fight the bullies.
But that is the danger...

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Sounds a bit like Mein Kampf in the sense of a Will to Power.
I hear you, but that's not a good public relations act for magick.

But is that the truth?
I think perhaps white magic can exist?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

We don't want to become the bullies ourselves

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Thoughts are very powerful and some instances could be considered "magick". Some of my family members believe the family line is cursed. Quite honestly them giving credence to such bad thoughts, regardless of the circumstances which triggered them, is what has given that "curse" power.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Cont. They have chosen to think as victims rather than realize they could rise above it by not BELIEVING they are cursed. I am bothered slightly by this but it is their free will to believe they are hexed and only prayer/Jesus will free them.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I agree. In my experience, magic is like money or gunpowder... It is a tool. The user can be good or evil, as can the tasks done with the magic, but the magic itself is neither.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join