It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who REALLY controls the media? Useful information to know.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
After reading various posts on the public's general dissatisfaction with the way media handles news, I decided to do some digging to find out who controls the news we get. The first thing we find are the big 6. Below is a list of the big 6 and just a few of the media outlets they own, a more comprehensive source can be found here

1)General Electric
NBC, CNBC, CNBC, The History Channel, SyFy channel.

Disney
The ABC Television Network, ESPN, and others.

NewsCorp
Fox and all Fox related stations

Time Warner
CNN and others

Viacom
NickToons, The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, Comedy Central

CBS
CBS news, showtime and others.

If all this isn't interesting enough, it gets even more interesting when you start looking into who the top shareholders are of each corporation. This isn't a complete list, at the bottom of this post are links to the stock information for the big six for you to check out and do your own comparisons. For the sake of time I put the shareholders with the most repeats, those who have stock in multiple companies.

Goldman Sachs
-CBS 440.6 Million
-News Corp 120.8 Million

JP Morgan Chase
-Time Warner 1.1 Billion
-News Corp 47.7 Million
-Disney 1.3 Billion

Black Rock
-General Electric 4.6 Billion
-Disney 1.7 Billion
-Time Warner 921 Million
-CBS 557.9 Million

State ST. Corp.
GE 4.6 Billion
Time Warner 1.3 Billion
Disney 2.4 Billion

Now if you think about it, most of the people who control our news, who fund it, are absolute criminals. I'm going to post more on this after I do more research but the first hour or two of digging has offered some interesting results, I encourage everyone to look into this and see for themselves. I'm interested to know more about Blackrock, since they have share in a large amount of these companies. But this is it for now, I'll post more information after I do some more research on everything, it's looks like it could get quite hairy.

General Electric Ownership and Insiders
Disney Owenership and Insiders
NewsCorp Ownership and Insiders
Time Warner Ownership and insiders (1)
Time Warner Ownership and Insiders (2)
Viacom Ownership and Insiders (1)
Viacom Ownership and Insiders (2)
Viacom Ownership and Insiders (3)
CBS Ownership and insiders (1)
CBS Ownership and Insiders (2)

edit on 24-10-2010 by bekisu because: Clarify post.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Ultimately the same companies come up over and over again, all owned by the same banks, which in turn are owned by the same families, which in turn are run by the same couple of dozen people who own everything, including us. I'd write more, but there's an important NFL game on, and I need to squeeze in last week's Dancing with the Stars today too!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I have not seen a breakdown like that, so thank you for this information. However i agree with the poster above me, isnt it pretty common knowledge basically everything is controlled by small amount of people/families/companies. Or is that just a conspiracy that i grew up with and now believe to be fact? ....

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I agree that it's common knowledge, maybe on this forum more then in every day life. I still think it's useful to see it broken down, it helps to give a better idea of how one station might eschew things for their benefit, take general electric for example....

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
This is also a nice background story about the Media.

Very recent! At the end even Assange is interviewed, after his cable releases.

new topics

top topics

join