It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelation; the Second Woe

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Yeah, I don't like specifics myself, but when it's just screaming at me I have to point it out.

So, specifically the 7 years started on Nov. 19, 2009 when Van Rompuy became EU's first president. That's the day he made a speech saying 2009 would go down in history as the first year of global governance, implying his election capped the stone on global governance.

3.5 years later, 42 months, is 5-19-13. Dec. 21, 2012 is 150 days, 5 biblical months, from 5-19-13.

As I recall, and please let me know if I am not correct, but it is the Daniel prophecy that states the 7 year duration and that mid way is when the antichrist is crowned/ seizes total power. Where does it say specifically that the 4 horsemen episodes kick off this 7 year period? I could be totally off base here...

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcrash
As I recall, and please let me know if I am not correct, but it is the Daniel prophecy that states the 7 year duration and that mid way is when the antichrist is crowned/ seizes total power. Where does it say specifically that the 4 horsemen episodes kick off this 7 year period? I could be totally off base here...

Daniel actually has the king reigning for the whole "week". What happens in the middle of it is that he comes out as the enemy of God. So in the second half of the week he's "causing sacrifices to cease" etc- and in the first half, presumably, he isn't. Just behaving normally
The key verse which shows this period as beginning after the Horsemen is actually ch8 v1; "There was silence in heaven for half an hour". If you want to know my reasons for saying so, the whole argument is spelled out very carefully, step by step, as clearly and logically as I knew how to do it, in the attached thread;
Time, times, and half a time
Having spelled it all out once, I don't want to repeat myself.
But a brief summary goes lke this;
a) The "Week" (or "7 years") when the king reigns according to Daniel is to be identified with the "Hour" when the king reigns, according to Revelation.(ch17 v12)
b) The "half an hour" mentioned in ch8 v1 is the first half of that Hour.
c) ch8 v1 comes after the Four Horsemen.
d) So the first "half-hour" comes after the Horsemen, which means the whole Hour comes after the Horsemen, which means the Week comes after the Horsemen.
I refer you to the linked thread if you want any more details.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I really appreciate you spelling it out for me like that.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkRedSoda
Enlightenment shall never reach you. Illuminated you shall never be...

You have identified yourself as someone with a closed mind.
It appears that you yourself can be described as "hating the light and preferring to remain in darknesss".
The Bible has much teaching from which you would benefit.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
There is now an Index, covering all these Revelation threads, at this location;

Index of Revelation threads

This thread is numbered as #18 in the "order of chapters" list and Biblical reference index.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Just to clarify;
Nothing in the OP is intended to suggest any particular prophetic significance in the year 2012 or the date 21/12/2012

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

My response to the claims made about the year 2012 was that I could see no prophetic significance in the date.
This position seems to have been vindicated.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This series was running ten years ago. It may perhaps be topical again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join