It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Air Force photographers on RB-36 took close-up shots of Ufo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The remarkable RB-47 ufo encounter in 1957 has been discussed on ATS in an excellent thread started by Internos.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In 1956 an equally important encounter apparently took place, this time involving a giant RB-36 surveillance aircraft and a 100 foot ufo over the Dakotas. After many years of enforced secrecy, one eyewitness, the former crew member Lt. (later Lt.Col) Jimmy Lloyd, courageously came forward and gave remembered details of the five to eight minute close encounter to Richard Haines. According to Lloyd, crew members, trained in reconnaissance technology, rushed to the left of the aircraft to take pictures of the ufo, which was less than 300 feet away, with their 35 mm. Haine cameras. According to Lloyd the RB-36 and ufo were both followed on ground radar.

On debriefing, all the crew's cameras, logs, etc were submitted to an intelligence unit called 'Reci Tech', Lloyd said. Of course they were never seen again and the details were never submitted to Project Blue Book. Here is the answer to those who demand close-up, detailed photographs of ufos. Reci Tech had them, and, because they were so good, it, or more likely some higher secret agency, probably destroyed them

Many years later Richard Haines interviewed Colonel Lloyd, and in 2000, with former US Navy radar technician Franklin Carter, published an excellent, detailed account of the close encounter.

www.nicap.org...

Had the crew's close-up photographs and competed Blue Book forms been made available at the time, then even Edward Condon wouldn't have been able to stop scientists from studying Ufo phenomena.

Looking though the Ufo Evidence site, I found a 1957 photo, apparently of a ufo checking out an RB-47, that may be relevant. The ufo in the photo strongly resembles the one remembered by Lloyd and sketched in Haines's Fig 4.

www.ufoevidence.org...

I wonder if any ATS members know anything more about this crucially important case.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I heard of flat saucers, Heflin and Walton seeing them up close, before but
never so flat. Perhaps the in flight propulsion does change the vision as
with the photographic image.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

edit on 24-10-2010 by abysmal_sloth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Looks like a lake to me!

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lowneck
i.telegraph.co.uk...

Best UFO photo I've seen.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter.be
Looks like a lake to me!

It actually kinda does!
Good call.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

woops wrong thread. sorry.
edit on 25-10-2010 by maluminse because: bad post

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Considering the information coming out now, and experimental results that are getting more and more common I would say yes there is potential impact on how we see things.

That photo is positively AMAZING ... I would enjoy hearing the swamp gas off the moon and reflecting off saturn explanation that I'm sure someone will try and give us.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Looks like a lake to me!

This has to be the best debunking of a photo I have seen.

Looks like a lake to me too. Poor military.

Pred...

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Lowneck

That acft is not any variant of the B47. I can't remember what it is but the 47's all were six engine swept wing crew 3.

tt

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Looks like a lake to me!

A lake! How the hell did you come to that conclusion? Whatever it is, its def not on the ground. Could be some sort of militery drone or something, but a lake lol lol

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/27e1baa851da.jpg[/atsimg]

Thanks for this one - Great pic!

And no, no lake that!

peace

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
looks pritty good to me to bad theres no more pics

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by UFO Partisan

Originally posted by Lowneck
i.telegraph.co.uk...

Best UFO photo I've seen.

Your kidding right.Its obviously a lake you can see trees on the banks. Why were people fooled by this all these years? Beats me.
Edit to add 17 flags for a picture of a lake, still fooling people now by the looks of it.
edit on 25-10-2010 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
My first toughts also: its a lake!
Most ufos are natural phenomena and false perception of people. Its only a very very small percentage thats possible ET related (?)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
It definetely looks like a lake to me too. Good call.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
It does look like a lake but only in the same way that many photos would look like a UFO on face value and are really not. Look at the back ground in both the full view and the insert. The field where the lake would be probably would not be so rectangular it a lake were present. With that being said what ever it is its IMHO not on the ground.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

edit on 25/10/2010 by spikey because: Because there is no bleeding point to posting ANYTHING related to UFO's on ATS!!

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by trailertrash

I'm pretty sure the aircraft is a Martin B-57 twin engine tactical bomber. Here's a B-57B "Night Intruder" that looks almost identical:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4f64a5703e25.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Trees on the bank? How are you able to distinguish trees from that picture..
Im not throwing out the possibility of it being a lake and the black areas around it being trees, but to say so for sure at this point doesnt make sense to me.

Ill be interested to see how this thread develops.

Cheers

top topics

<<   2 >>

join