It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran prohibits university education.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Iran has made a couple of studies illegal.

Law, Philosophy, Management, Psychology and Politico-logy.

They didn't fit in with their religious views.

Now I've read a Dutch reply that said: Great now they are making themselves dumber.

Hilarious haha...

They are more or less making their students more single minded and less possibility to get another view on life.

I'd say that for them this is a good thing and it will lead to more unity inside their nation. Unfortunately this will lead to an Iran we are now made to belief it already exist....

What do you think.?

Source... I'm sorry it's in Dutch.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Lol, I call total BS. I never trust pink headered news. I'm too busy with other studies to research this, but I'd bet someone will debunk this story in 10 minutes.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Reuters has the story.
af.reuters.com...

They may be right in that the studies are "too Western," but why not just change them to reflect Middle Eastern life?

ETA: Oops, my article does say they will revise the studies.

edit on 24-10-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
According to Reuters Iran will not make studies illegal. Just to clear that up. Naturally, people want to believe Iranian government will stone and then behead people studying these sciences and their mothers but that's simply not the truth.

Ministry will "review" these disciplines and during that time will not allow new ones to be opened (doh). Review will not cause studies to become illegal:

The review will be the intention of making them compatible with Islamic teachings.

They plan to change and adapt them with the Islamic theocracy which rules the country. This is very bad news for Iranian students especially since they can't even leave the country now and won't be for a very long time (most likely). As I said before and will say it again, sanctions are doing massive damage and not "good for Iran" as Ahmadinejad and his gullible supporters suggest.

They want to suppress western culture, which looks like just another Chinese cultural revolution. Nothing good will come out of it except armies of obedient slaves for "harmonious society" and similar crapola.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SassyCat

Good call on the first part. The subjects will not be illegal.

However, the second part is incorrect. Iranians students can indeed leave Iran and study aborad. My university in Canada has a large number of Iranians who are pursuing graduate studies here

top topics

join