It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea - Documentaries and Inside Footage (North Korea Desperately in Need of Forced Regime Cha

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

You make some more very interesting points. To be honest I couldn't come up with anything better myself. What instantly sprung into my mind was an infiltration carried out by the SAS and other special forces in a joint operation to take down the infrastructure of the NK government. After doing so, create a "Welcome pack" to the new world for NK residents showing them exactly why they haven't been living the life they deserve. They need to see (As a whole) why it would be in their interests to get rid of their beloved leaders.

I especially like your ideas about hacking t.v signals and dropping letters in the country. I fear what would happen to anyone found reading these letters or watching the infiltrated t.v programming though =/

I guess the NK residents really need to see what they are missing before they want it. The problem is they don't have a clue what really goes on outside of NK.

Every citizen of NK and soldier of the NK military forces need to come to the conclusion together that revolution is a viable option to a better life for them and future generation in the bubble.

Do you think that a series of stealth operations by special forces on all the infrastructures of the NK government could work? I see it as the quickest option but maybe not the most efficient.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

lol, there's barely any infrastructure there.

But yeah I guess it could work, but it would probably just turn out to be collective punishment - and I dont think the public there is ready for a revolution. If you're sending the SAS (our SASR iz better
), you may as well assassinate the entire Kim Jong family

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier

lol, there's barely any infrastructure there.

But yeah I guess it could work, but it would probably just turn out to be collective punishment - and I dont think the public there is ready for a revolution. If you're sending the SAS (our SASR iz better
), you may as well assassinate the entire Kim Jong family

Haha true, Although I think that if someone from a western civilisation assassinated the Kim Jong family it would just make the NK hate the outside world even more. I think out of all the strange things the UN does, promoting awareness of the tyranny in NK to the NK people should be pretty high up on their priorities list. Other than raping 3rd world countries -.-

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Word to that.

Nice little chat - I may have more to add later - (for now I iz going to play FO4
)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

Haha indeed. If not I hope to discuss another topic with you some other time.

Nice talking to ya you have some interesting ideas

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

Given that the popular understanding will likely be that they are being 'invaded' or 'conquered' I expect them, as any patriot would, to fight to their last breath to resist it.

Precisely. The way they are indoctrinated to think, intervention makes no sense at this stage. Only when a critical mass of people call for Liberation it would make sense.

Maybe NKs will open up of their own. Ive seen strager things happen.

Maybe Kim Ill Sungs son, his succesor, will make stuff happen because he, in secret, disagrees with his Dad (dont all kids disagree with their parents...)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

We can only hope. Personally I believe: Since we're still in the Korean War. We should try to make the first move to peace. Showing North Korea and the future North Korean government we will welcome them in the spotlight will make it much smoother.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

That is one of the most difficult parts about the situation.
Do you think that it would be right to try and raise awareness in NK about how bad they really have it? Or would it be better just leaving them? Somehow I don't feel like either one is quite right.. I really do feel for the NK peoples and wish my nation could do something about it, but after thinking it through some more, I am really starting to feel like there nothing anyone can do without causing more problems.

Maybe something will HAVE to happen when the nuclear threat of NK becomes so bad. Its no secret that NK wishes to destroy America and I'm sure any country that stands with them. I'm sure old Kim wouldn't mind sacrificing any of his army or citizens either

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
double
edit on 27-10-2010 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
There are more creative methods of intervention than military. Arabs have now finally realized (much too late) that the U.S. has intoctrinated their entire next Generation through MTV, MySpace, Hollywood, Internet, etc. That means the entire youth of Arab Nations is now friendly toward the West.

Similar could be achieved with NK.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Whoah! Hold up there comrade! Who needs all that when you have a great leader like the Dear Leader Mr. Kim?
lol source
Fashion, Golf, Double Bread with meat, Movies and so on. This guy is awesome!

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Yeah...thats whats so odd about him...he's into the West big time and doesnt want his people to have any of it.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Well we're still at war with North Korea and the influence since the start of war has made us as evil and the government as great. If the North Koreans knew what we know about his family (Which rarely appear in public) they would have their own revolution. Riots everywhere.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Wow, Some of that actually shocked me. I'm not one to usually say things like this but Kim seems like quite a stupid guy.. Thanks for posting that link, It was a very interesting read

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
There are more creative methods of intervention than military. Arabs have now finally realized (much too late) that the U.S. has intoctrinated their entire next Generation through MTV, MySpace, Hollywood, Internet, etc. That means the entire youth of Arab Nations is now friendly toward the West.

Similar could be achieved with NK.

Well, someone earlier in the thread mentioned hacking T.V signals, might have been you I'm not sure. Is this actually possible on a realistic scale? Make a video showing normal life and normal freedom, then compare it to how they have it.

What would you put on a film that would be showed to all NK citizens?

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   

That's a huge understatement to make on him. I might not agree with his views. But his leadership and hold on North Korea is insane and amazing. He has terrible things! Still I can't believe what I read and watch how he can hold onto power all these years.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   

For a few years in the early 1990s, it was confirmed by Hennessy that Kim Jong Il was it’s best customer, spending about $600,000 to $850,000 annually on the liquor. He is partial to the Paradis cognac, which can sell for over $700 per bottle. In comparison, the average North Korean makes about $1000 per year.

I see this as stupid considering the amount of alcohol he is consuming. Doesn't he have liver failure? No wonder.

He might have done shall we say a "Good job" at tyranny (A REALLY good job evidently) but being a tyrant can't score you must brownie points in the afterlife. That is stupid.

He really doesn't know how to run a country properly. He has to use slave labour and still people are starving.

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
There are quite a few nations in this world who desperately need regime change. The USA is one of them.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Detour

Would you be happy with a country like, lets say China performing this regime change in the US? Or Russia? What about North Korea? India? UK? You tell me. Although I reckon you would probably be better off without it. Unless of course it was actually the people of America performing the regime change. Fat chance of that in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   

There is no justification for "regime change" in any country, period. If the world won't get off the dime and force a regime change in the Sudan which would take about a week and a few thousand troops, they have no business even considering taking any action in North Korea.

The largest issue is not the nukes. Its not the terrible situation the folks in North Korea find themselves in. The largest issue is what would happen to South Korea who would be overwhelmed with refugees and their economy destroyed.

North Korea needs to sort North Korea out. If that takes another 50 years, so be it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join