It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So called "powers"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Ok, fire walking, glass walking, arrow breaking, board breaking, and steel rebarb(sp?) bending are all tricks. I saw on a show that they were, I tried it, it worked. Fire walking, no real fire, just hot burning embers, covered by ash. There you go. Sure mine was only about 5 feet long, but hey, it not legal to set fire around here so had to keep it small. Ash covers your feet and protects them from the embers and of course wood and your feet are not great conductors of heat.

Glass walking is like knife walking. Anyone can stand on the blade of a knife. THE FLAT side of the blade. For that is what glass walking is. And for the shards that do stick up it is like a bed of nails. One nail would puncture your skin, but a thousand spreads the weight out so you aren't punctured. I know I took a great deal of danger doing what I saw on tv, but it worked!

Arrow breaking. A wooden arrow is easy to break on your throat. The part that the people who say they have mind over matter use is a part that is covered by cartiledge and bone. You push the arrow against the wall with your throat, arrow bends, then breaks.

Board breaking. With just a little force you can break a board. Easy, first ninjas and martial arts do that easily. But how a 60 year old woman does it? Wood has grain, and the grain runs a certain wat. If you hit a board with the grain pointed to you, it breaks easily. I barely freaking looked at it and it broke.

The steel/metal rebarb(sp?) bending. Two people put a rebarb pole at their throats, same place as the arrow, then push against each other, it bends. I had to use a wall cause no one in my family loves me. Anyways, pushed forward, and it bent! Guess what? it is easy! Same as the arrow, the bone/cartiledge is strong enough to support the pressure of the metal.

So, anyone know something else I can try? It was fun doing all this stuff cause now I can freak people out with my "powers".

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Try breaking a cocconut with your fist or breaking a wood bat over your shin both can be done but the require lots of training not "powers" alot of impressive feats are done by making your bones much harder than normal through training most people will end up with a broken shin from a bat and break there hand from the other

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Coconut? Hmm, how would one train for that?

mrq

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Ok, fire walking, glass walking, arrow breaking, board breaking, and steel rebarb(sp?) bending are all tricks. I saw on a show that they were, I tried it, it worked.

I believe I saw the same show. It was an episode of Penn & Teller's 'Bullsh*t' (dunno if it's on anymore).

It's a good show, and funny, too. It's 100% debunking, though. So don't watch it if you're looking for an adventure into the unknown.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I would imagine start by hiting a large strong piece of wood wrapped in rope a hundred times a day then work up to just the wood then harder and harder things after a long time (years) hitting metal with your bare hands wont break them. Also the old punching your hands into the barrel of pebbles works wonders.

I like the whole coconut stunt because it requires more pounds per square inch of pressure than it would to break a human skull. Theres some guys out there who shatter them like acorns.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Yeah, Penn and Teller. Got the DvD's, all 13 episodes. But I saw a guy like the one SXIX is talking about. He trained with Bruce Lee, is nearly 100 years old, and can shatter coffee tables. He punches a steel plate 1000 a day. Anything else shatters. I would like that, be superpunchguy! But then would get mad at a football game and shatter the tv, table, person next to me, so forth.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
yeah its amazing how training like that can make your bones alot more dense than a normal person bones. You see that guys knuckles though the bones fuse or something into weird shapes they look kind of narly but I wouldnt mind if I could crush someone skull with my bare hands.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
LOL
i always though those guys that make a big deal out of fire walking was full off sh@t.

new topics

top topics

join