It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is Great UFO Footage Seemingly Impossible To Get?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavalFC
Screw science, right?

Yeah that's the ticket!

Only way to make NEW discoveries and NEW advances is to scrap the old ideas. Scientists are worse then skeptics. They are the last to let go an old idea. To afraid of losing tenure and being labeled fools by their peers to take a chance

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MZYYY
I haven't looked into all the footage that ATS has to offer. But it reminds of the 1994 Nellis Air Force Base UFO.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The video shows that that there is a pitch black spot on the aircraft, as if it absorbs light. There was an analysis of it also. Here is the video for it.

edit on 24-10-2010 by MZYYY because: (no reason given)

Nice find, very interesting that both cameras produced similar quality footage despite one being far superior. This one case seems to support my original hypothesis, or at least the objects effects on recording devices produce similar effects.

Nice find
thanks

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by NavalFC
Screw science, right?

Yeah that's the ticket!

Only way to make NEW discoveries and NEW advances is to scrap the old ideas. Scientists are worse then skeptics. They are the last to let go an old idea. To afraid of losing tenure and being labeled fools by their peers to take a chance

That's B.S.

1) they don't lose tenure, they earn tenure
2) you earn tenure by overturning old ideas.

Problem is you have to do it with this thing called evidence, and you have to explain how your discovery fits in with all the other known experimental evidence and observations and theory. Most of accepted physical science is correct and most new theories are wrong.

Amateurs usually greatly underestimate the depth and strength of evidence and explanatory power of standard science compared to alternatives.
edit on 24-10-2010 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

I never said screw it. I said it's too rigid to allow for sufficient understanding of what is likely right in front of its nose simply because the evidence is non-tactile. It's highly unlikely that we're going to be able to reduce (and I do mean reduce) everything to a paper-bound, black and white explanation unless we undo some of that stifled thinking we hold onto so dearly.

And mbkennel, I know for a fact that unless you're willing to take huge amounts of ridicule at the hands of your peers, unless you're able to fund yourself, unless you're willing to take the "glory" post-mortem, any genuinely earth-shattering scientific/academic advances are unlikely in those realms. If you challenge the status quo, you risk your credibility. That's why string theory is fringe science, though it's some of the best our little minds currently produce.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Talking about signs! Last year, I was alone in my backyard and looking at the night sky, I thought(in my head) "Come on, show yourself, I know you're there". Suddenly, out of nowhere, a big flash of light appear above my head. Stuned, I ask for it to do it again if it understand me(still in my head). Once again, the flash of light appear from nowhere, but this time, with a small red dot in the middle and the invisible object flew away in a matter of a second. What still amaze me today(one year later) is not the fact that it seem to answer my question. What stuned me the most was the fact that there was no sound what so ever and also, it was immobile, no movement at all. I could still listen to my neighbors talking, the dead leaves blown by the wind on the ground, everything... Anybody know what it means?

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by berlinguet

Five posts in six years? Antar will love you

About four years ago I saw a red UFO zig-zag from horizon to horizon. Maybe four seconds? Despite the waves on the shore and my friends cussing, it was also silent.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join