It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G20 inks pact to avert trade war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

G20 inks pact to avert trade war

www.reuters.com

(Reuters) - The Group of 20 major economies agreed on Saturday to shun competitive currency devaluations but stopped short of setting targets to reduce trade imbalances that are clouding global growth prospects.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
online.wsj.com

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
After reading this article it makes me wonder if the FED is going to go ahead and turn the printing presses on in November?How will the world react to this?It looks as if we are standing on the edge of a cliff and about to take a nose dive!Tim Geithner seems to be more concerned about the rest of the worlds economy than he is for ours!!Whats so hard about having someone with our interests at heart??!!

www.reuters.com

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatriotsPride

After reading this article it makes me wonder if the FED is going to go ahead and turn the printing presses on in November?How will the world react to this?It looks as if we are standing on the edge of a cliff and about to take a nose dive!Tim Geithner seems to be more concerned about the rest of the worlds economy than he is for ours!!Whats so hard about having someone with our interests at heart??!!

www.reuters.com

Anyone who is concerned about their own safety and security MUST take into consideration their neighbors safety and security as well, or else they have missed a HUGE area of vulnerability.

You should learn about risk assessments and how they work before you go spouting emotional reflexes.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I don't need your approval to state my opinion,I can say whatever i want,if you don't like it that's to DAMN bad!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by PatriotsPride

Its not my fault your opinion is flawed though.

Just saying, your opinion is flawed in the same way that someone may have the opinion that 2+3 = 6.

As someone who does risk assessments for a living, I'm merely pointing out some basic facts of the industry.

Not sure why you are so emotionally reflexive about this...

edit on 24-10-2010 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The reason I feel this way is because every time I turn around it seems that the PTB are doing something to devalue the dollar,I simply think we should look out for our own interest first,that's how I feel about it,I respect your opinion,and you should respect mine..

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I think we are in violent agreement on that, but given my work in risk assessment, i know that you can't look out for your own interests and ignore those of your neighbors at the same time.... It just isn't possible. If your neighbor gets sick.... You are going to get sick, so self interest == concern for neighbors. Not out of altruism, but out of self interest.
edit on 24-10-2010 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I dont think that we should just ignore our neighbors,but,I think we should put our interest first.
Heres something I just found,check it out.
Currency Wars:A Race to the Bottom of the Inflationary Barrel
www.youtube.com...#!

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Yep... This is why concern for others == concern for self.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Sometimes the best interests of the individual are the same as the best interests of the community. America cannot have a successful and competitive economy in the future if all of its overseas markets collapse in the present. That's what happened in the Great Depression; the powers of Europe and America competitively devalued their currencies instead of seeking a community-of-nation based solution, and it ruined the world of trade. America is now so dependent on foreign investments and trade that it cannot afford to repeat the mistakes of the previous depression. If that means America bites the bullet now to avoid biting a cannonball later, then so be it.

new topics

top topics

join