It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks: Puppet to the US Government?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Just imagine the accuracy and amount of intelligence they have and will collect from the release and spread of the wikileaks insurance files alone.

Governments have teams cracking those files, and everyday average and highly skilled hackers alike, globally working on it.

Whether wikileaks is government or not is irrelevant at this point, the agenda is obvious, at least it should be to anyone who has barely followed what has been released.

Several objectives are rather clear, influence elections and the political environment in Iraq and destabilize the region even more, nearly assuring conflict and war, which may include an increase of troops and escalation of US military operations as well as covert missions in the region... Again! (Can't let Iran have Iraq) not yet!

By demonizing the US led wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, it increases the possibility of terrorist attacks on US and western interests... Another possible catalyst for war.

The US political season and elections can use the Iraq war to debate the right's positions on it in the near mid-term elections.. (focus diversion from the economy etc)

And most importantly, wikileaks activities WILL serve as a catalyst for the advancement of legislation and laws that will ultimately give the government virtually complete control over the internet.

So far... Mission accomplished!

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Whats if the insurance file is a video of him and hillary clinton getting it on. That would be almost as distgusting as him keeping the insurance file all for himself looking at it over and over.
He gave us watered down information (the Iraq documents) while he keeps all the good material for himself.
Seems like he wants to change the world but only to better himself no matter who he fools or hurts in the way.
Kind of a monsterous man. He would of been more apt to give us ALL the information if he wasn't playing a big game with all of this,

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

It's pretty simple hadriana...

Yes information is getting out but it's coming out in a way that is adding CREDIBILITY to the minds of many in the american public that are more MSM oriented to the idea that the internet needs to be REGULATED....

Oh and btw this is on top of the recent SUPREME COURT decision saying that the internet is not covered under the first amendment as it is being provided by COMMERCIAL PROVIDERS.... thus we have no RIGHT to expect privacy or uncensored flow of information...

Then you look at wiki leaks FAILING to protect it's biggest whistleblower yet (bradley manning is doing 50 years while julian is globe trotting ...) Gee that sends a message to potential leakers...

Then you have those inside wikileaks even saying that Assange only seems to want to release some secrets (High PR value ones) etc which consequently are the type of leaks that make calls for net REGULATION seem JUSTIFIED versus the more mundane leaks that by the information getting out prevent the leakers from being hurt and result in CALLS to ACTION by the public not feelings of reservation and debates on whether Leaks are a good thing or not.

It is always best to examine who benefits by a person or group in the public eye's actions., and how it stacks up against what they SAY their intentions are.

In the case of wikileaks a basic analysis along these lines comes up with a very disturbing disparity between what their stated motives are versus the RESULTS that are coming from their actions.

This is a fundamental problem and the CNN interview itself and how it was handled signal even more issues.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

I for one have been a long time cryptome reader and supporter.
I also support wikileaks.

There's some sort of bad blood between Young and Assange but I don't really get it, other than the financing questions. I also don't think that Young publishes secret unpublished classified material.

I don't see them as competitors but maybe they see each other that way. Dunno.
But I do disagree that most wikileaks supporters don't have a clue about cyptome.
Everyone I know that supports wikileaks reads both. Wikileaks simple gets more press, more headlines so it attracts people that are less technical. Cryptome, IMO, attracts a more technically proficient crowd.
edit on 25-10-2010 by hadriana because: attacts shoulda been attracts

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I'm glad someone has said what I was thinking.

The latest round of Wikileaks actually shifts blame and responsibility for human rights abuse in Iraq to the Iraqi Government but also serves as an organ to denounce the Iranian Government for stirring tension in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Had the US Government come out and claimed that they would not be believed but because it is released as leaked secret intelligence it gains more credibility. In any case I am in agreement with the view s released regards human rights abuses by the Iraqi government and in respect of Iran's role.

Perhaps they are to be admired for such innovative ways to make press releases.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

i agree, in all fairness they deserve a few points for being creative and sneaky.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

there may be bad blood, but young specifically said "CIA operative".

and my point was more how long crypto has been doing it compared to how long wiki has. in my mind its a clout standoff and i chose my side.

im still leaving the door open to being wrong, but im pretty convinced at this point.

i think your correct in that cryptome attracts more of a techie crowd.

i suppose if it ends up being the pretext to all these things (cyber security, iran) we will have our answer. lets wait and see

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Yeah.....because the I am the one with the burden of proof.

An organisation that intends (against the goverment's will) to expose the goverment, is in fact a puppet of the goverment.

That is the OP's theory, NOT MINE. Don't expect me to provide evidence to back up it's credibility.

Julian Assange is not a puppet, do just a little bit of research and you'll find the burden is on this guy to prove his theories that he has pulled out of no-where.

Want me to do it for you, just say.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join