It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks: Puppet to the US Government?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Reading all of the posts coming out on Wikileaks appear to be pointed at Iran and Pakistan. An example would be that Iran was financing and supplying arms to the Iraqi insurgents. Pakistan supplied intelligence to alqueda.

It occurred to me then that Wikileaks operates from insiders that give them documentation to expose, so my question is, why wouldn't the US government submit what they wanted to get out so that justification could build for another war. Perhaps a war to stimulate the economy?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
i beleive wikileaks is an inside job, there are a couple reasons that i think most can agree on.. mainly, i see what they are doing as useless, the information they have released thus far has been useless and gone no where, yet before ever release they claim they are about to release earth changing or groundbreaking information

the fact, that they are doing what they are doing without being stopped is highly suspicious as well, along with the tactics they use when releasing information ( notifying weeks in advance and building apprehension ) while i could understand the idea that they could be trying to reach a larger audience all at once i see them as 'running a show' they use the same advertising methods for themselves and marketing strategies anyone trying to make a buck would use

however, i don't think they are making any money, i beleive their true profit is the distraction of conspiracy theorists from the 'real goal' and the 'real conspiracies'

after 9 11, there has been a surge in numbers of 'conspiracy theorists' and those who would beleive the government has done shady things, obviously it is likely a secret program within the government was created to find a powerbase at the foundation of these growing 'conspiracy theorists' in America, i beleive this operation became wikileaks

just look at them though, they haven't changed a single policy, they haven't gotten even a minority of the american or any other population to question a politician,

i beleive their true goal is to release information that is known to be classified and to contain anything 'offensive' or 'controversial' but nothing that could actually impede apon the secret agenda of the government, if this idea of mine is true then wikileaks will forever release information classified, but never have an actual impact on the world in any way or change anything ( just like they've been doing up to now )

and like i say everytime when commenting on wikileaks - if anyone from wikileaks is reading this then prove me wrong, i dare wikileaks to release something that WILL change a corrupt policy, or get a politician in trouble!

there are more than enough threads on ATS, as well as outside sources on the internet profiling wikileaks as a CIA run operation, so i encourage anyone to seek out that information if they want

anyways that's my opinion
edit on 10/24/2010 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
this was exposed eons ago.

wikileaks = central intelligence agency.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
No, stop trying to spread BS.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I don't CARE.

If they are CIA, and I have no reason to think they are, especially since most of them are not from the US anyway, (so why CIA???) then I think that they are exposing some real ugliness that needs to come out about our administration. Why not MOSSAD? I mean, really, what good would it do the US to go jump in 2 more wars with guns blazing and money flying?

So in my mind, it doesn't even matter,, because I do think that truth is a virtue and that torture and setting infants on fire is a very bad thing.

Do you think Iran and Pakistan are little miss goody too shoes maligned by the US govt. only so we can go get in another war? Ha. That ain't true. I don't think the US wants war with Iran. I think the US might get pulled into one b/c of Israel, but what else is new? Doesn't take secret documents to do THAT.

Most Americans, as far as I can tell, bought the 'wikileaks puts our troops in danger' hook, line, and sinker.
So why would the CIA want to make the US look bad all over the world? THEY are the ones with agents everywhere.

If they are CIA, maybe it is just some part of the CIA is really the good guys. Maybe the ones in the CIA that know what's really going on and give half a crap.

Doesn't matter to me. I haven't seen wikileaks do much except spread truth, expose lies, and show some inner workings of the CIA. IN that case, the CIA wanted to buy up press time to get European women to feel more sympathy for middle eastern women, and thus support war.

That's NOT what these papers are doing. You know how women feel when they see that Blackwater (CIA ties to Eric Prince) burning up INFANTS?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
They got the Pentagon and people like Hilary Clinton angered, So i'm in. As long as they keep exposing the tyranny of supposed "civilised" countries like America, then i'm happy for them to continue.

Honestly, anyone reading this thread, just do a little bit of research, you'll find that Julian Assange is no puppet, puppets don't walk off CNN and release documents exposing injustice of modernised armies.

Don't read these attention seeking threads with no research done, you'll find theres little intellectual content here.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

the cia does not operate within the US, its sole purpose is intelligence OUTSIDE the us.

and to answer your other question as to why? they gain credibility. wikileaks is trying extra hard to be the main "whistleblower" gateway.

if they become said gateway, TPTB can then quell 90% of all leaks/whistleblowers. while releasing small inane documents, and withholding the important incriminating ones.

lets face it, wikileaks hasnt really provided us with anything other than a giant bundle of soap opera entertainment drama. on top of that they came out of nowhere, and havent even been around for a year.

yet look how many mindless drones are already on the bandwagon.

cryptome has been around for 15+ years and dwarfs wikileaks in content and credibility.

yet i dont see any of these same bandwagoners flocking to them? most wiki supporters hardly even know what cryptome is. which speaks volumes in itself.

so what gives?

:ETA: on top of that one of ouor own ATS users tryed to submit content and it was extremely suspicious and unsuccessful to put it mildly.
edit on 24-10-2010 by RelentlessLurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I strongly doubt Wikileaks has any ties to the U.S. government as their leaks have uncovered many of the abuses that were denied by the previous and current administration. Such as the total disregard for human life by defense contractors.

Suggesting they are tied to the United States comes across as disinformation to discredit Wikileaks in the eyes of the rest of the world.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

since when do you speak for the rest of the world?

every sinlge time a thread like this pops up, theres a handful of random people defending wikileaks with nothing more than "why would they release documents against themselves?"

to fool you all. and it obviously worked.

oh but wait i forgot, the us government is incapable of wrongdoing and out to protect you all right?

you seriously think that the most secure government on the planet, with resources beyond comprehension, would be so incompetent as to allow a private, to steal "Secret documents" from our own intelligence, on nothing more than a blank cd with "lady gaga" written on it? give me a break. he was a patsy

and the next one will also, have a patsy. and the one after that. and the one after that.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

Wikileaks is obviously doing a better job at getting media attention, I know thats not always a conviction of it's credibility, but it has CNN/BBC trying to critisise it, that's when alarm bells start ringin in my head.

When CNN/BBC/MSM are trying to put media spin on something, you know they are playing 2 groups of people against each other rather than letting peopel look at the facts.

The fact is, The Americans have been committing atrocious acts against humanity, and Wikileaks is pointing this out with evidence....

You'd rather defend the goverment though, no?
edit on 24/10/10 by awake_and_aware because: spelling

CX

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Not sure, but somethings definately fishy about it all.

If anyone else had done half of what Assange has done, they'd have dissapeared by now.

CX.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
If I was head of the CIA I would have created Wikileaks.

-people would think it was an independent organization and would send it free $$$$
-humans are impulse driven and you'd be surprised what humans around the world would send such an agency if they thought it was an independent watchdog site.

Not only would it be a money maker it would generate intel and let you know who in your country can not be trusted.

I think Wikileaks is 100% CIA.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

So your saying trust no-one? Even the guys exposing the bad guys are infact bad guys. KK

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

nope. im simply insisting that you do not rule out that it COULD be an agency.

IF you subscribe to the notion that the media is a government propaganda tool, and IF you subscribe to the notion that wikileaks is a government agency with an aganeda, you HAVE to come to the conclusion that the agency in question would be useing said propaganda tool to their advantage, and as they see fit.

and those CNN/BBC reports play right into that.

and another thing, those reports didnt start happening in full force UNTIL cryptome accused them of being a front group.

damage control anyone?

this theory isnt unfounded and has been discussed at great lengths (use the search). theres mounds of evidence against them, and too many inconsistencies. please search for yourself, we get threads on this topic at least once a week and i really dont want to recap the entire thing for the 400th time..
edit on 24-10-2010 by RelentlessLurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Wikileaks serves three purposes:

1) damage control - satisfy the ignorant masses with some crumbs off the table before they start asking for the meat and potatoes

2) bait and trap - encourage and identify any "real" whistleblowers who submit actual damaging information

3) music industry marketing - the Lady GaGa Cd story is just too funny

Speaking of the music industry, let's play an appropriate song for Wikileaks

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

-people would think it was an independent organization and would send it free $$$$
-humans are impulse driven and you'd be surprised what humans around the world would send such an agency if they thought it was an independent watchdog site.

Not only would it be a money maker it would generate intel and let you know who in your country can not be trusted.

speaking of money.

does anybody remember when they were begging the public for money to buy "super computers to decrypt the secret algorhythm to the videos".

that whole episode was like something out of a bad movie. any person even remotely savvy who followed that whole saga knows it was a huge joke.

they begged for money for like 3 weeks, while announcing the debut of the film they were going to release, as if it were right out of hollywood.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
No, stop trying to spread BS.

Thanks

Wow, thats some pretty amazing evidence you provide to back up such a bold claim.

It makes sense to me that he's a government lacky. He's still alive, isn't he?
edit on 24-10-2010 by Snarf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArcAngel
Reading all of the posts coming out on Wikileaks appear to be pointed at Iran and Pakistan. An example would be that Iran was financing and supplying arms to the Iraqi insurgents. Pakistan supplied intelligence to alqueda.

It occurred to me then that Wikileaks operates from insiders that give them documentation to expose, so my question is, why wouldn't the US government submit what they wanted to get out so that justification could build for another war. Perhaps a war to stimulate the economy?

Because, as I've posted in threads about this same thing, you could consider this if other parts of the leak weren't in complete opposition to the US's handling of the war and antiwar. Just because parts may look like its drumming up anti Iranian sentiment it's far from enough to get us into a war. And Pakistan helping terrorists is something we have known. If people want to get mad about that they have to consider that the money Pakistan is funding Taliban and terrorists with is money that we are giving them. So it looks worse on the US. The leak includes too much negative content on the US as well. Also the interview that Assange walked out on shows that they want the MSM to smear WL instead of focusing on the leaks. If it was a controlled leak as you suggest why wouldnt they be talking about the docs?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

I don't think so for some reason. Though it's possible. It doesn't have to be, and we definitely don't have any proof. Right now the evidence trends towards not CIA. Which is why the paranoia trends towards it, make sense? I understand why they would do it, but you have to consider before they started with the U.S. info they had been around and leaked info on many other countries.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Not sure, but somethings definately fishy about it all.

If anyone else had done half of what Assange has done, they'd have dissapeared by now.

CX.

What has Assange done?
2nd

top topics

<<   2 >>

join