It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aussie hacked to death, cops say suicide

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Aussie hacked to death, cops say suicide

news.ninemsn.com.au

An Australian woman's death in Portugal was ruled a suicide despite forensic evidence showing she suffered repeated blows from an axe, according to reports.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
The story continues...

A coronial examination into the Melbourne woman's death found she died of axe wounds and had marks on her arms and legs indicating she had tried to defend herself, the Daily Telegraph reports.

What the hell is going on here?

Suicide by axing herself to death?

Don't see how that works!

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Yeah...

Not an Aussie but still making a note to self...

Cancel any and all future vacation plans to Portugal.

If I was to venture a guess I'd say that this is one of those situations where a local corrupt police department has fallen into the habit of getting away with covering for someone, or some group, and just never tried it with a case that would garner international exposure.

Somewhere in Portugal I'd imagine a local official or three are probably sweating bullets about now.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I dunno, the Aussie government has agreed with them!

There must be more to this story, because something is real fishy about the whole thing.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I dont even remember this, did it make any noise when it happened ?

I dont like the ferret, but I have to admit it appears Rudd may have pulled off a miracle with Shappelle Corby in Bali, maybe he should have a look into this one also.

We just dont seem to have much luck in the northern hemisphere, so many mysterious deaths the locals always pass off as accidental or suicide.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Chad,

There are some interesting additions here. regarding some speculation by family members.

The area where she lived is a trafficking route from North Africa and the Middle East for the illegal trade in drugs - mostly hashish - and also in stolen children.

Her family said child smuggling was an issue Jacinta was concerned about and might have spoken up about.

"She left a note for someone saying she was leaving and she did not know how things would work out and asked that they forgive her, but the police construed it as a suicide note," he said.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
This is really starting to stink!

I don't recall even hearing about this when it happened two years ago.

$19,000 for a translation?

No help from the government.

Suicide my arse!

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Edit: Never mind.
edit on 24-10-2010 by Whine Flu because: You like men.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
when i first herd about this before all the information i thout portugal cops proberly covering something up, i herd it on news again tonight and i thout wtf how can they say suicide wen that degree of damage was done.
id say portugal cops done it and tryed to cover it up, but why has all the info taken two years to come out. ?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
These must be the same cops who came up with the stunning results in the Madeleine McCann case. Same locale. Coincidence? Must be some high-tech methods they have down there, or maybe they haven't got around to reading any Sherlock Holmes novels yet. Might be waiting for the translation prices to come down. lol

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Were the same team who investigated the David Kelly suicide offering advice in this case?

How on earth do you axe yourself to death, and sustain defensive wounds in the process?

Something stinks about this case, and then you start to think about the Madeleine McCann case, and whether this lady had unwittingly discovered something and as a result was done away with. I'd suggest the last thing the Portugese want is the truth coming out, and as a result to hide away everything and cover up any loose threads have decided to declare an obvious murder as a suicide.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I am canceling my holiday to Portugal and will say to everyone I know to not go to Portugal.

They are letting this case suffer, I will make their tourism and tourist profit suffer!

I am 25, so until the day I die, hopefully I make it to 100 years old
..for that length of time (75years) I will tell people about this case and tell them never to go to Portugal.

I think I might be able to reach about 1,000 people at least by word of mouth, and those 1,000 will tell 1,000 of their own.

Do the same ATS!

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Sounds like a blatant cover up. Reminds me of the Police work done in the Britt Lapthorne case.

Families left asking questions, unanswered ones that will eat at them for the rest of their lives.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

She left a note for someone saying she was leaving and she did not know how things would work out and asked that they forgive her, but the police construed it as a suicide note," he said.

So figuratively speaking it was "suicidal" of her to attempt to confront some bad guys. So, given her stupidity in being so confrontational, she doesn't deserve further police attention??

Is that how it goes in Portugal?? Definitely crossed off my list of places to see.

Now why the Australian officials would go along with this is a matter that screams for attention. Are they somehow complicit in the drug or child trafficking?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Send us some Portugese & we can have a crocodile or great white shark help them commit suicide.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

Yeah the Britt Lapthorne case comes to mind.

I hope now that this is out in the open, something can be done about it.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Absolute rubbish. I googled suicide by ax, and came up with this:

suicide by ax is rare

So, I am thinking police corruption too.

Women tend to suicide with pills, something to do with vanity. I know if I suicided I would pill it up, not try to hack myself to death with an ax.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Indeed it is rare.

Even more rare is injuries sustained whilst defending yourself from...yourself?

:shk:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by acrux
Send us some Portugese & we can have a crocodile or great white shark help them commit suicide.

^^
Ignorance at it's best. "Let's kill 10 million people to get back at those Portuguese."
What's up?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
As for the story itself, it all seems quite fishy. I think the most suspicious part of it all has to do with the fact that her own country agreed with the ruling, even though the coroner report says otherwise...

And guys think about this reasonably. Thousands of Europeans (mainly British) vacation in the Algarve. Many of them own cottages. You don't think that ruling this a suicide even when all things point to murder would hurt the tourism industry more than just plain ruling it a murder? Things don't add up here. I don't think we have the full story...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join