It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Queen's £38m a year offshore windfarm windfall - because she owns the seabed

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by timmhaines
reply to post by Yissachar1

Of course she owns it she is the Queen of england, as for the commnet why doesn't the country own it.
England isn't the USA, in the USA they just take your property, you actually own property in England.

No you dont. You own a deed and the bricks.. Thats it.. The land is merely leased. The crown still owns it and can take it anytime

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
To all the climate alarmists who claim ignorance as to all the money being made off this scam.....read the article and then read it again.

Wind power is the most inefficient, unreliable green energy out there yet because of its symbolism people are making billions off it all over the world. Who pays for it in the end? The taxpayers and electricity ratepayers....that means YOU.
edit on 24-10-2010 by Gamma MO because: added more

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Is this the same queen that was denied some energy grant to heat her 23 or so palaces?

news.aol.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by canadianfrontier
Is this the same queen that was denied some energy grant to heat her 23 or so palaces?

news.aol.co.uk...

Appearances..

Smoke and mirrors for the subjects to make believe they are in this austerity with us..

My arse they are!

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
reply to post by Frakkerface

I agree...im English and i really dislike the royal family.
There a pointless waste of money.
If they own billions £ of property why do our taxes go into there pockets???
GET RID OF THE MONARCHY they are a waste of money, time and space

Ok, thought I'd chime in here, seemed a good point...

They didn't have billions in Property as that was transferred to the Treasury/State quite some time back, in return for the Civil List which was paid for by taxes. All Crown estate lands and buildings are owned by the State, not the Monarch.

Now, they have got rid of the tax income the Royals received and now they get a living off income from the Crown Estate (still owned by the State not the monarch). No more taxpayer funding for old queeny, now they generate their own income.

Some people are never happy though.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
So the queen owns the seabed huh? How the hell does anyone own the seabed? Does she charge the fish rent?

You must have to purchase it of seabed owners of the SEA. Just a cool thought it may be real-estate that many cannot even find the dealers who sell this part of earth.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Well it was posted just recently how the Queen is almost broke to the tune of at least having to apply for utility assistance.

community.thenest.com...

And so I guess after that was nullified she took matters in a different direction altogether.

What gets me is that this is going to be detrimental to the environment and aquatic species already in jeopardy, as well as dangerous to the common wealth who could be injured by the windmills themselves.

This is scary stuff and yet it is never easy to watch as a Kingdom begins to have troubles. What legacy will she leave behind? How will the new Royals create a consistancy of protection for their Titles if it comes down to destroying the land to save the Family?

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
reply to post by Frakkerface

I agree...im English and i really dislike the royal family.
There a pointless waste of money.
If they own billions £ of property why do our taxes go into there pockets???
GET RID OF THE MONARCHY they are a waste of money, time and space

And what? Lose it to whom? I agree that change needs to happen and the entire brunt of the taxes should not be on the common people when tourists bring in billions because of the Royal Palace. I would love to go see it myself and would even pay for the tours.

I am also English or part, and am romanced by the thought of something so secret, so old still standing and of the Royal Family still holding their own, making it from the ancient into the present, everything goes away in life and palaces fall, Royals diminish, so you will get your wish someday, but for now it represents something special and tangible.

Again I agree that as long as they can throw lavish parties with a single persons lifetime of wages spent on , they could and should give back to the common people and allow England to be the center of prosperity and freedom for the western world.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join