It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teaching of Evolution

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Whenever I hear someone desperately trying to "disprove" the theory of evolution, it always reminds me of a drowning man, gasping for air and struggling to stay above the surface................

One thing I truly believe in is this: God is mysterious and in many way completely beyond our feeble abilities to comprehend Him. Who the heck are we to state without equivocation that we know how the universe was created?

I beleive that the Bible's seven days are an allegory for billions of years.....

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Yes, many people say the 6 days meant billions of years, but the bible says six days so it is six days. You have to take Genises(sp?) literally or it all falls apart. If it is all a metaphor then Adam and Eve weren't the first two humans, but that Adam meant 1million men and Eve meant 1million women and the whole rib thing meant this and so forth.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Evolution can only be responsible for the monkeys flying out of my A$$

If you believe the theory that DARWIN HIMSELF was not convinced by...you should read this...Although I dont agree with all of the writers views he clearly
smashes the EVOtheory to smithereens

Its a bit long but well worth the read;

www.lloydpye.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
And what did Darwin say? People say he denounced it, but does anyone ever prove he said it? Fine, I like this idea.

Jesus before he died said Evolution was correct and creation was Bull#. I don't have proof he said this, but you don't have proof he didn't say this, so I must be correct.

And with that site, yeah, when I say Bull#, I usually mean it in a metphorical term, but this place? Whooo, cover my nose cause that just reeks. But as said, I do like the mans logic. I have no proof, but you have no proof that I have no proof, so i am correct and you are wrong. Also, he is going on about old day Evolution. Evolution has evolved from the original meaning. And why is that? Cause scientists tested it and did exp. to see what was correct. You bible lovers don't get it, do you? If a small part in the bible is wrong, you guys are ready to throw it out. You guys do the same thing with science. But thats not science! Science would see why that part is wrong, how it is wrong, so forth. Then when all done, they would discuss, debate, and argue the points. Then they would go on seeing what else might be wrong and what might be right. Science is not religon, it is not "This is correct, we did no studies or tests to see if it was, it just is." It is "This is correct! Maybe. We are doing studies right now to see if it is. I think most of it is, except this part here and here. i am going to study those parts to see if I am correct. if I am, then I will see why I am correct that those parts are wrong and find out the true answer."

As stated with the show, evolution arguement was a guy stating points and facts and studies. Creation arguement was a guy being beaten with a bible.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The bible is not the only creation story on this planet, please be aware of this. Automatically equating creationist with bible beaters is an error.

Personally, I see no harm in teaching the possibility of intelligent design if they are going to teach evolution. Is it not a possibility? For instance, If I MAKE something (notice I didn't say create) then it can be traced back to me using a scientific method. Suppose we were MADE by a higher EVOLVED being. Why wouldn't it being scientific to test for this?

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Not only did darwin say this, he wrote it down....

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Cyberpilot, again, you say Darwin did, but you don't prove it. I can say Jesus wrote down that he was a monkey on acid and that evolution was correct. Just cause I say it doesn't mean anything. One has to prove what they say. You add nothing to this discussion.

And for the guy saying creation is not just bible related, true. Raelians believe it was aliens, not god, that created us and they don't use the bible. But christians say the Raelians are nutjobs and are full of bs even though they believe the exact same thing, humans were created by a higher being. But it should not be taught in school for it is a religous debate/alien debate. If we teach creation we need to teach about Roswell and the Stranger in the Whitehouse(some may know what I mean, it a great book) for those are the sources. Evolution has scientific sources, creation does not. Some schools are offering secondary courses that do teach about creation, the flood, jesus, so forth. But those are secondary classes you can sign up for if you want. Science class is for science, scientific theory, and for exp. with acids and bases and dry ice and so forth. it is not for religon veiws or alien veiws. And when you say intellegant design, the leader, Dwayne, and the leader of the church movement in Cobbs County say it themselves, it is a way to make creation sound scientific. They don't say it is, but say it is a way to make it sound scientific. They just replace "god" with "higher being". Sorry, I don't want kids through teens being taught that the world is 6,000 years old, the flood did happen and explains the Grand Canyon, dinosaur fossils were put there by satan, and that creation, sorry, intellegant design is how we got here.

Kids should be taught science in science class. If they are in a school that has the secondary class that teaches about creation and things like that and they want to take it, let them. They should not have to sit through christian religon if they are atheist, Hindu, Buddist, Wiccan, Raelian, whatever they are if they don't want to.

And as I said, for the people who say "well, if you teach evolution, why not teach intellegant design? Give the kids two different sides?" Well, then I want a teacher to teach about the holocaust and a teacher to teach them that the holocaust never happened. A teacher to teach about the civil war and a teacher to teach that slavery was a good thing. I want a teacher to teach that 2+2=4 and a teacher that teaches 2+2=It doesn't matter for the end of the world is coming and you don't need to know what 2+2=.

Now if the christians decided to stop trying to disprove evolution and try to prove intellegant design through science and exp. then yes it would be allowed in the class room. But teaching that intellegant design is correct cause they proved evolution is wrong is not science! That is, as stated, a guy being beaten by a bible. Of course, maybe evolution is wrong, but at the same time creation is wrong also and it is a whole other scientific theory! That is why scientists study and do tests, to see if they are correct or not.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join