It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange walks out of CNN interviews

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

actually I think the camera man (or set director) is worried about the mic equiptment that Assange is trying to get off.

He is worried about his stuff, but backs off when he sees it will be OK.
edit on 24-10-2010 by Khaaaaaan!! because: hmmm

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Didn't she notice that she was being a complete idiot?

She was definitely. But you can tell she is a rookie and was most likely told what to say or ask, so she would get promoted.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by theability

Atika Shubert is no rookie. Claiming her journalistic inexperience can be used to dismiss the pathetic interview is not a valid excuse.
She has been with CNN for 10 years. Interviewed heads of state, covered many topical international locations as a foreign correspondent, like Israel.
She has no excuse.
She knew exactly what she was doing, which makes it even worse.

Here is a proper piece of coverage on the leaks.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

Claiming her journalistic inexperience can be used to dismiss the pathetic interview is not a valid excuse.

Show me were I dismissed anything please?

And if she acts like a rookie, then maybe she really is....

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
i wonder if he's in on it all?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by theability
This kind of attitude by CNN and other networks is sad for journalism in America.
And Headline news for today is, "Lohan in rehab!"
:shk:
Torture is second rate news....

Yes.. the news is very torturous!

IRM

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Show me were I dismissed anything please?

You mean you don't dismiss her interview as just doing what she is told because she is a rookie after a promotion?

She was definitely. But you can tell she is a rookie and was most likely told what to say or ask, so she would get promoted.

Apparently you can tell?

And if she acts like a rookie, then maybe she really is....

Why not simply find out for yourself.
Geez. Atika Shubert
How hard is it, really?

Again, she is no rookie.
She knows what she is doing.
Do not dismiss her as a rookie after a promotion simply doing what she is told.

Anyway.
Here is the real story.
Look for yourself.
warlogs.owni.fr...
http://__._/
http://__._/iraq/diarydig
We don't need Atika or CNN.
edit on 24/10/10 by atlasastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Man it was called personal opinion, that is all. Before today I have never heard of this lady.

So obviously I could care less about her. As for how she acted in the video, I stated she was the likes of a rookie.

I never asked for anyone to agree with my opinion, ever.

Thanks

edit on 24-10-2010 by theability because: underline

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Maybe they are trying yet again to paint him in a bad light...

Show him as a "loose cannon" who is trying to "hide something". How can we trust someone who won't answer a question, maybe that's the idea they are trying to push... as well as being able to focus on his walk out, rather than the reason the interview was called.

What a joke.

I'm glad he walked out and didn't buy into their cheap tactic of diverting attention to something completely unrelated to the interview.

-------
I don't know who the interviewer is (I'm in Australia - we don't get much CNN on the local networks). But I doubt they would send a rookie to cover a story as big as this!! What a balls up. It sounds like she knew EXACTLY what she was doing... whether it succeeded is yet to be seen I guess.
edit on 24-10-2010 by SerialLurker because: Added some extra text below the ------

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Man it was called personal opinion, that is all. Before today I have never heard of this lady.

You asked me to show you were you dismissed the Journalist.
I answered.
Your personal opinion that she was rookie doing what she is told to get a promotion seems incorrect. That is my opinion, which I have supported.

So obviously I could care less about her.
Obviously. I share your sentiment.

As for how she acted in the video, I stated she was the likes of a rookie.
I know. You dismissed her as a rookie.
What should concern you is that a seasoned journalist with multiple international assignments as a foreign correspondent in some of the world most demanding locations, as well as significant global events, treated Assange and the Wikileaks story like this.

I never asked for anyone to agree with my opinion, ever.
I know. But you asked me to point out where you dismissed her, so I did.

Thanks
No prob. Likewise.

Like I said.
Here is the real story my friend.
Look for yourself.
warlogs.owni.fr...

Lets leave it at that hey mate. I'm starting to sound like I work for CNN, by making it about arguing with you.

Take care.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Hey mate,
Remember this last month. Funny hey!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
All this stuff seems orchestrated in order to discredit Assange and Wikileaks. I trust none of it!

IRM

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Lets leave it at that hey mate. I'm starting to sound like I work for CNN, by making it about arguing with you.

I already said I know nothing about her but you still continue....

Never was about her was it?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by fortunofiasco

Of course, when an organization releases files about war crimes it's better to ask about the rape charges in Sweden instead : congratulations CNN for amazing journalism...

YEAH! Because as a journalist you should only ask the questions that your interviewee wants you to. You should never pad the questions to avoid hitting a sour spot.

Assange is a liar. He's reaping what he's sewn...

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
She thought she was being clever by saying "several former staffers".. he kept correcting her until she admitted it was only one former staffer and that she was lieing. Obviously she had been given instructions to try trip him up and she landed on her own face for it. Nicely handled Julian.

edit on 24-10-2010 by riley because: fixed spelling

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceMonkeys
Typical manstream media trying to evade real discussion by focusing on things which do not matter.
Good on him for walking out.

ROFL

So when the MSM asks questions that you don't like, they're evading and typical

But when they cover UFO's, you and those like you, tout them as glorious and "waking up"

She asked difficult questions. He refused to answer. He's a coward. He got what he deserved.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I already said I know nothing about her but you still continue....

Never was about her was it?

Well, it looks like it worked... we are now debating her credentials and arguing amongst ourselves rather than discussing the papers or the walkout event itself >.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Why does this seem like a low-budget high-school production?

I can't believe this is even CNN, that reporter is acting like such a teenage novice.

I think she seriously needs to brush up on her journalistic skills.

Oh and just because an employee who was behaving inappropriately was fired and is allegedly disgruntled because of it, doesn't necessarily mean the organization itself is dysfunctional. All companies and organizations have internal problems from time to time, and suspensions or firings aren't always indicative of some overwhelming internal chaos. It's not that unusual.

Rick Sanchez, anyone?

- Lee

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
It does seem that most Americans just gobble up this stuff as if it is the real news. The MSM news shows are starting to cover everything the same way the tabloids do: focus on sex and personal scandal while avoiding any talk about the real, scary, serious stuff your government is doing to you.

It is just so blatent. The local American news programs do the exact same thing about every story. They always avoid the hard questions. They never question the government side of things.

Makes you want to puke to think that more people aren't questioning it.

The news programs coverage here in Canada, while not perfect by a long shot, are much more willing to ask the hard questions and probe into things that might make us and our governors uncomfortable. I makes a big difference.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
CNN has been exposed for doing what it always does - invirte someone to do an interview on a very important topic and then use known tactics to discredit them in the eyes of the public.

This time it didn't work, because Assange exposed what she was doing. The last words of the interview were Assange stating that she was contaminating the release of news about 140,000 deaths, by focusing on his personal issues. That is what the public was left with.

She was well and truly shown up. Well done Assange.

His disgust at what is going on is palpable and she truly underestimated him.

I have to say, this man looks exhausted.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

This is the third time I've linked this below, all on the the topic of Assange and Wikileaks, and you have yet to reply to any of it.

Here is the real story my friend.
Look for yourself.
warlogs.owni.fr...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join