It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr Eugene Podkletnov Anti-Gravity Scientist gives Rare Interview

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi

What is really happening has nothing to do with altering gravity. It is far simpler than that. A magnetic field is generated by the currents of electrically charged Cooper pairs circulating in the surface of the rotating, superconducting ceramic disc, expelled from its interior by the Meissner Effect. This field couples to the atomic nuclei in the suspended object. Their intrinsic magnetic momentum makes them behave as minute magnets with their own magnetic fields, and it is the mutual repulsion between their fields and the magnetic field of the currents of Cooper pairs that causes the levitation, making it appear to lose weight. It is merely a form of magneto-levitation that exploits the natural diamagnetism of objects.

That is all I wish to comment on the topic.

Though I doubt you could explain the smoke shooting up and drop in barometric pressure in the upper storey of the lab with your diamagnetism or paramanetism angle

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexanBut then again....NASA and the US Army were willing to pour considerable amount of money into researching Podkletnov's designs, a la Ning Li and Douglas Torr.

The Finnish universities took another approach to this. They kicked Podkletnov out after he had become public with his unorthodox findings, and they never even admitted he had been working as a researcher here. I recall that even Podkletnov's paper at Physica C was withdrawn before the printed version came out. This, I think, happened about ten or more years ago.

What happened after this? Podkletnov carried on his studies somewhere else, back in Russia I recall. For a good reason it seems that Finland is the last remaining Soviet state outside Russia. If something extremely novel and controversial is found at the local universities here, it will be silenced to death and ridiculed – unless a green light is shown by the PTB, be it a long-dead Central Committee in Moscow or some other entity that our universities (used to) follow.

It's not easy to be a scientist here. Most of us have already given up all hope for doing anything "new".

edit on 24.10.2010 by Doc Lithium because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I had no idea Podkletnov was so young, i thought
he was an old man! this is one of my favorite subjects
and it is a shame there is no working demonstrations
of this gravity loss.His own work.
as for Dr li where the hell is she? i thought she was
all about giving somthing back to humanity and was not
in it for the money? well either she changed her mind or
is working in some lab for say DARPA,or she has become
what Podkletnov fears,taken care of by TPTB.

still great viewing and its pretty clear this is much more
than just Diamagnetism on its own,with the aplied spin
by electromagetism this could be the real deal in gravity
sheilding.And whats more the replication of such should
not prove THAT difficult. S & F.nice find Z.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by stealthyaroura
... it is a shame there is no working demonstrations

Yes I agree. I would like to see how the loss in weight was measured. It may be in one of his papers somewhere, but to date have not found it

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by stealthyaroura
... it is a shame there is no working demonstrations

Yes I agree. I would like to see how the loss in weight was measured. It may be in one of his papers somewhere, but to date have not found it

I would have to check, but I could swear that a simple scale was used, at least in Li's experiments.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
One of the many subjects I have an interest in.
There are some other forums I lurk at that talk about such topics, this came up before about how these people
tend to disappear.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
In Eugenes word's, "There is a whole ocean out there waiting to be explored"

Why do people when referencing the un-explored almost always refer to the ocean? (especially in this context)

Cool vid

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Somamech

His little spinning plate sounds an awefull lot like a simplified version of the tr3b's mercury drive. Where the magnets are replaced with an electro magnet formed by the mercury plasma rotating.

mmm... can mercury even be a gas? yes mercury wasnt in the video lol im just thinking of the better setup.. would love to test it

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
i have always been interested in mass spining about a centre
what is it about rotation and angular momentium that creates the loss weight effect?
what is it about precession that amplifyies the effect?
is there a rpm/mass/precession equation to explain orbits and or gravity creating near circular orbits?
here is a vid that has been insirational to me
enjoy

another vid interesting ay?

so is there something to rotational mass/frequenciy/presesion?

lots of questions huh

xp

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by hisshadow

The ocean holds many secrets which are yet to be fully understood in regards to material science..heck make that just about every scientific doctrine on this rock

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I followed you from skls thread... I liked your responses....

Your thread may have shaved a month off the idea I had to construct a spaceship,,,,

Thank you very much...

Ill share here where my idea came from....

I have friend that was out on bail... we got to talking and the result was a story about making the Ultimate run for it...

Imagine for a second someone who is innocent, out out on bail,building a spaceship and launching....

Necessity is the mother of invention....

These ideas for an engine are priceless...

S and F!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Lithium

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexanBut then again....NASA and the US Army were willing to pour considerable amount of money into researching Podkletnov's designs, a la Ning Li and Douglas Torr.

It's not easy to be a scientist here. Most of us have already given up all hope for doing anything "new".

What I have found out thru my own communication with several universities in Europe and usa is that, gravity research is discouraged and is a kind of taboo subject.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Well maybe John Lear is right about anti-gravity. Maybe that's just because they have it all figured out already.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bilb_o
Well maybe John Lear is right about anti-gravity. Maybe that's just because they have it all figured out already.

No I dont think the universities have ventured into this field and some who have in the past are no longer into it.
The faculty members who did venture into it have been given some other portfolio.
There is not a single faculty member as of presnt into this field anywhere in the world

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
I would have to check, but I could swear that a simple scale was used, at least in Li's experiments.

I have so much stuff we have collected on the site that sometimes I have the answer but it's lost in the jungle

How did Podkletnov accurately measure his claimed 2% weight reduction? Podkletnov used a mercury manometer which was placed above the disc. The manometer is similar to a barometer, and when placed above the superconductor, the disc recorded a 4-mm reduction in air pressure primarily to a reduction in the weight of the air. Podkletnov took his mercury manometer to a lab directly above the superconductor disk one story below. He found exactly the same result as if his experiment was generating an invisible column of decreased gravity extending upward indefinitely into space.

records.viu.ca...

In 1996, Russian émigré scientist Eugene Podkletnov (PhD in the manufacture of superconductors) submitted a peer-reviewed article to the respected British Journal of Physics-D. In this article Podkletnov claimed that he could prove a defiance of gravity. When a London newspaper published Podkletnov’s work, the skeptics tore him apart. Einstein had proved that you could not defy the laws of gravity! Subsequently, Podkletnov withdrew the article and was evicted by his university. In 1996 he retreated from the public eye and relocated to Finland.

records.viu.ca...

There ya go... the 'benefits' given us by skeptics

Few of Podkletnov's critics actually bothered to review his work. The majority of the scientific community couldn't believe such a major discovery in physics by such a no-status materials scientist fooling around at an obscure lab in Finland.

records.viu.ca...

And I thought that only happened here

This one is for your Ning Li data...

In 1990, before Podkletnov’s experiment, a scientist named Douglas Torr from the University of Alabama started publishing papers with a Chinese woman physicist named Ning Li. Together they predicted that superconductors could in fact affect the force of gravity. Podkletnov had accidentally validated their predictions. Torr and Li worked with the Marshall Spaceflight Center in Huntsville, where they eventually persuaded NASA to start a serious long-term investigation. Ning Li remained involved, while Douglas Torr relocated to South Carolina.

records.viu.ca...

Seems no matter where you look, in the end it is ALL connected

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Gravitation: Caught in the gravity trap

Here is yet another article that shows the mind set of the 'professional' community

Although Dr. Podkletnov fires our imagination: In professional circles, he is still considered a hoax. Up front with this idea is Dr. Martin Tajmar, who is one of the worldwide leading scientists in this field and has often tried to re-enact the Russian's experiments. Every single time with a negative result: "If my name was Podkletnov, and I managed to prove a manipulation of gravity, why would I not call CNN and have them report it live instead of turning it into a little mystery for myself?"

Picture by Evgeny Podkletnov

Negative results? Really? Then how come people on youtube can do it?

Note: this one is labeled wrong as "Magnetic Levitation"

Magnet levitates with the help of a ceramic and liquid nitrogen. Pretty cool. I did not perform this video. Its actually Professor Tom H. Johansen in the Superconductor Laboratory at the University of Oslo, Norway who performed it. Thank you Prof. Johansen for contacting me!

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I had to come back and throw you a S & F! This is a very good interview. The Russians are far ahead of everyone in many areas, especially energy research.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Some1 did mention about CNN, but let me tell you that Cnn or BBC won;t even acknowledge or e mail or voice mail on something on this subject. Lol even the comic coast 2 coast will not acknowledge either your e mail or voice mail on the subject

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Angelic Resurrection,

So do you have an idea why that would be the case? I was implying a conspiracy with PTB behind who have already figured out the anti-gravity technology and preventing further research or discussion into the area.

Because you are right in a sense. Why would research into anti-gravity technology be any different than all the other fantastic areas being researched in universities today?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by bilb_o
Angelic Resurrection,

So do you have an idea why that would be the case? I was implying a conspiracy with PTB behind who have already figured out the anti-gravity technology and preventing further research or discussion into the area.

Because you are right in a sense. Why would research into anti-gravity technology be any different than all the other fantastic areas being researched in universities today?

There is a conspiracy alright and indeed the PTB maybe behind it, if they have figured it all out and want to keep it to themselves to retain their control.
If they indeed control the education system everywhere, then the universities will curtail this research, though it is not any different than the other great areas they are indulging in.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join