It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing new feature coming to ATS... need test volunteers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
After a couple weeks of testing the code, AboveTopSecret.com now has the integrated capability to accept immediate postings from member picture-phones. It's designed to be exceptionally simple... once you snap a picture with your picture-phone, send it to an e-mail address we assign you, and it will immediately appear as a new thread in a new forum (soon to be created) for picture-phone posts. Your picture post will be created with your member name, so that you can later come to ATS and edit the post with your comments. Trusted ATS members who have picture-phones will be able to receive their unique e-mail address (live picture posting will only be offered to trusted ATS members), for this new service that no other message board we know of currently offers. The goal is to provide a way for our members to post images of breaking news while they see it, or other images of items that relate to the topics and mission of ATS. Also, there will be a public picture address for anyone to post images of breaking news and related images that are appropriate for the topics of ATS. These will get posted to a non-public forum for staff to review. Right now I need three to five volunteers with picture-phones to help test the new code and roll-out the full-featured service. Please send me a u2u with the type of phone you have and the service provider (network) you use. Thanks. Also... we'll create a BTS picture-phone service for less-serious picture posts. And... I know what you're thinking, once this is rolling, any member posting sexually suggestive images of any type will be immediately banned without notice.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Would like to volunteer.

And this is just way too cool.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I'll get the forum and user information set-up later tonight.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
When do the volunteers get announced?

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Great idea, I'm working on upgrading my phone, Damn Cingular!!!!!, It also makes good for ATSNN. Like Val has in her sig... Once I upgrade I would Volunteer.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Hey, that's a great idea!

So if I got it straight, people who don't have camera-cellphone, will still be able to post their own pictures, after it have been approved by the staff? That'll be really cool. I know there's a lot of picture-artists here, and putting it on BTS too is a good idea, and dedicating a whole section to it even better, because sometime there's pic I'd like to show people, that aren't really related to any particular topic, so sometimes there's just no point at starting a thread for that. (like some travel picture, some non-sensical pics that just looks awesome, etc etc..)

I don't know for ATS, but for BTS, the picture forum could be a sub-forum in the Member Art forum? (just an idea)

Now if only I could carry my digital cam more often and catch something really extra-ordinary for ATS/ATSNN, that would be awesome...

[edit on 27-6-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Awww Damnit this looks cool.

Too bad I dont have a picture phone.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I don't have a picture phone thou! *Cries*

its an excellent idea though

new topics

top topics

join