It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witch Burning in Africa (Extremely Disturbing Video)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

I think that if it was to get eradicated it would cause more problems than solve.

Even tho my statement about eliminating all religions was more rhetorical than anything, I have to question your doubt. I know lots of people who don't follow any religion, including myself, and I can assure you none of them goes around raping and pillaging, or burning people at the stake for that matter.

I know we couldn't actually eliminate all religion, but hypothetically, if were to be done, what bad would you see coming from it?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

stop blaming the bible.. its bad enough that psychos have added to it over many centuries with their own flavour and the retards that misinterpreted it.. i know its hard believing the bible and most of its stories but that's another debate there.. what im saying is dont blame a book blame the misinformed ill educated person who takes lil stabs at a book believes what he wants, makes up what he wants in his own head and acts on his next set of impulses.. dont blame religion.. blame the small minded people behind it..

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
My first response to this thread was inadequate so I erased it.. finding it hard to express the disgust I feel that this form of execution still exists in the world today.

This is one of those things that burns literally into memories of a people for a long long time.. my neck of the woods has never gotten over the events (death by burning) that took place in the towns and villages here nearly 500 years ago at the hands of bloody Mary (hence my avatar)

I was taught from a young age what this type of death means in graphical detail, so would never want to watch a vid that contained that level of depravity or see that level of pain inflicted on another human being.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

I think he meant that if you forced people to stop worshiping it would cause problems. If religion never was then it would work.

At least that's how I read it.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Where in Africa is this?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

This is nothing different than the primitive fear shown on ATS everyday. Burning witches is like screaming about the NWO.... It serves the same aim, and comes from the same fear.... As indicative of the exact same level of emotional maturity...

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImAnAlienOnMyOwnPlanet

A lot of Christians are like this. A few are not. But most are. Even Judaism and Islam share the same controversy. That's why we need the True Messiah soon.
edit on 23-10-2010 by ImAnAlienOnMyOwnPlanet because: (no reason given)

You are wrong. They may say they are christians, but it doesn't mean that's true. You are falling into a mass manipulation, like many others today. Christ or the Bible never said we have to act like these evil ignorants pretending to be christians.

Going church every sunday doesn't makes you christian. Must understand people can be evil, ignorant or crazy regardless their religion. Let me be more clear, you are not bad because you are christian, muslim or jew.

Anyone who can't understand or accept that is because wants intentionally hate others or doesn't have the ability to recognize the rudimental maipulation of the evil people on top of our society.

I am christian and I've never been told to burn people. I am christian and I haven't been in church for years.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Humans fear witches for the same reason they fear reptiles: venom.

The interesting part with all of these witch hunts; past, present, and future: not a single accused witch has ever tried to defend themself using their supposed "witchcraft."

People are despicable.

I've written too much. =X
edit on 24-10-2010 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
This revulses me as much as the Hindu practice of Sati, which was outlawed in 1829 but is believed to still be practiced occasionally I believe in India (dont quote me), where upon the death of her husband, a widow (regardless of age, could be 16!) voluntarily or under coersion or drugs sits with her husband upon his funeral pye and dies with him. It horrifies me to think of some of the barbaric practices that are commited in this world.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno

I think that if it was to get eradicated it would cause more problems than solve.

Even tho my statement about eliminating all religions was more rhetorical than anything, I have to question your doubt. I know lots of people who don't follow any religion, including myself, and I can assure you none of them goes around raping and pillaging, or burning people at the stake for that matter.

I know we couldn't actually eliminate all religion, but hypothetically, if were to be done, what bad would you see coming from it?

As I said earlier Stalin or Pol Pot and their followers did not need or have a religion to carry out the most appalling attrocities.

Humans have the capability of doing both good or bad, we make life choices.

These people have blood lust if they never had religion as an excuse it is mho they would find another.

Surely we need to know what is going on in the world in the name of humankind, if only to encourage us to live our lives a little better.

I sponser a Nigerian child I know she is safe in an orphanage after being abandoned by her parents. She is getting educated which is what is needed.

I follow no organised religion.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot
reply to post by wayno

I think he meant that if you forced people to stop worshiping it would cause problems. If religion never was then it would work.

At least that's how I read it.

That is exactly what I meant.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I watched the video
and it was emotional for me.
But I have to wonder
why are we only seeing
the last part? What did these
people do to deserve this?
Did they rape and kill
lil kids? Did they put a
spell on a village to induce
death and plague?
We just don't know.
How most folks here are
reacting is the knee jerk
to the video. Might I remind
you that even America has a
death penalty in certain cases.
However, a small village in Africa
don't have all the fancy equipment
to put people to death humanely.
I would agree that some people
harm lots of others and deserve
to be stopped. If their only crime
was being a witch, I think a bullet
to the head would have been a lot
more humane. But maybe this was
done intentionally to curb others
from following the same path.
We just don't know all the circumstances.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Where in Africa is this? The reason I ask again is because Africa has a lot of domestic strife, in almost every region of the continent.

How can we be sure that A) these are even witches and B)Christians are behind this?

I don't think it's explicit in the video since they aren't speaking English (or Portuguese for that matter) so I'm guessing most you do not understand what is going on in the video.

I can videotape my self running 100m in a packed stadium where I blow out all other competitors and throw a title on it saying "100m world record broken," but the title alone doesn't make it true. Does it?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
I watched the video
and it was emotional for me.
But I have to wonder
why are we only seeing
the last part? What did these
people do to deserve this?
Did they rape and kill
lil kids? Did they put a
spell on a village to induce
death and plague?
We just don't know.
How most folks here are
reacting is the knee jerk
to the video. Might I remind
you that even America has a
death penalty in certain cases.
However, a small village in Africa
don't have all the fancy equipment
to put people to death humanely.
I would agree that some people
harm lots of others and deserve
to be stopped. If their only crime
was being a witch, I think a bullet
to the head would have been a lot
more humane. But maybe this was
done intentionally to curb others
from following the same path.

According to the BBC UNICEF say children are at risk of being burned alive etc.

An increasing number of children are being accused of witchcraft in parts of Africa, the UN children's agency says.An increasing number of children are being accused of witchcraft in parts of Africa, the UN children's agency says.

Orphans, street children, albinos and the disabled are most at risk.

A new Unicef report warns that children accused of being witches - some as young as eight - have been been burned, beaten and even killed as punishment.

The belief that a child could be a witch is a relatively modern development, researchers say.

Until 10-20 years ago, it was women and the elderly who tended to be accused.

BBC

Surely in the 21st century us so called civilised folk would I hope see no crime worthy of being burned alive.

Is being a witch a crime?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizzylizzy

Is being a witch a crime?

Apparently so in places where religion is law ...
This is one of the reasons why separation of church and state is so crucial for fair judgement. (Well, fairer than being burnt alive anyway)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

Sorry I am not sure where exactly in Africa this is, I did try looking through the comments before I posted the video. It MAY be in Kenya, I heard that a lot of people get burned for being witches there. The chances are it is not though considering the vast amount of nations in Africa.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

well i saw the Video

At least there Not Tied to a Stake ... like in Europe's Famed Witch Hunts! back in the 16th to the 19th Century or i could tell you the American Horror's of Ku Klucks Klan of the late 19th century to the mid 20th century or i cloud tell you about the video's of Head Decapitation from the Soviet & Afghanistan conflict to Iraq... decapitation or Iran's Stoning ohhh yeah i forgot the Rwanda Incident of Geo/Culturecide the Machete Frenzy among other Tortures in Rwanda Africa let alone the Tortures of Nazi Germany ..

Amazing is the Guy just Sitting Letting himself be Burned no Duck tuck and Roll Methods! hmm ...
the Woman being hit with a Stick Ive seen police beating's Billy Club that are far worse this video

I dont know the whole story ... of this video tho.. I have seen alot of uncensored Sites Like Ogrish.com.com and Rotton.com i respect them as they have shown People with a Sugar Candy Coated Leave it to Beaver life upbringing the Reality of what goes Around the World .. Witch Hunting Still goes around ... Sheeple dont understand about Witches / Shamans or even Gypsies it about Nature its not Evil its not Good Its NEUTRAL! I Honor Witches & Shamans

Well The Media is making the Attempt of Showing that being a Witch is not all bad Harry Potter
Practical Magic ,Sabrina the Teenage Witch The Witches of Waverly Place for example .tho.. The Christian Church doesn't Agree with it Witches and Shamanism has been around way before Christianity
Then we have Chemist , Inventors, Mediums Healers, Magicians like Cris Angel, Illusionist & Super Humans , , but that is ok those same people would been Crushed, Burned ,Stoned to Death back in the time
of the 15th to 19th century of being a Witch
One Famed Holy Saint that was considered a Witch was Joan of Arc

My apology of not showing links ...

New Movie coming out Season of the Witch cant wait ...

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

A simple bit of googling will tell you why people are accused of being witches in Africa. You may be ugly or deformed. Maybe your crops did well and someone else's didn't. Maybe your neighbour is jealous. Maybe you were ill and got well. Maybe someone else got ill and didn't get well.... Heck maybe someone just doesn't like you.
Whatever - I can't believe that last comment. Doesn't your whole being cry out 'wrong..'?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Ok... you're not sure where in Africa this is, therefore how can you make the judgement that these are witches, or even Christians persecuting the women?

I hope that judgement didn't come from the title of the video... If so you've led 8 pages of a "Christians are bad" thread, without any substantial proof.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
.......this video Is disgusting, evil and downright inhumane. It makes the Al Qaeda execution videos look like a children's T.V

It's too bad we can't go back in time and witness the Church burning people at the stake for being so-called heretics or witches.

I'm guessing if laws were more lax than they already are the Church would be doing just that today.

In fact they would hunt me down and have me drawn and quatered; a high mass would be held afterwards with the masses throwing in hard earned monies into the collection plate for fear of suffering the same fate!.....

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join