It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witch Burning in Africa (Extremely Disturbing Video)

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
It's sad to see this happening today. This is what Christian Churches teach people. Puff the Religion of Peace my but!

Wrong. I go to a Christian church and was raised Christian and I've never once witnessed anybody being burned, etc. It's amusing how people like you would give Muslims a free pass for executing literally thousands of acts of terror in the name of Islam and call them the exception to the rule but yet you see one abhorrent video of supposed "Christians" doing something abhorrent in your life and you immediately pigeonhole all Christians as "extremists".

If you make ignorant, blanket statements I'm going to call you out on them.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by General.Lee
I go to a Christian church and was raised Christian and I've never once witnessed anybody being burned,

Oh, c'mon. It's OK. Tell the truth. Wouldn't you just LOVE to put a few Wiccans to the 'test'? It wasn't all that long ago that you could smell toasted crone all over Europe.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Yes it cracks me up when a Christan says a Hindu will not got to heaven because the Hindu has to many Gods, I believe in all of them myself with the One Creator, at the beginning of everything, the One that started everything to begin with.
Anyone that would belittle another persons beliefs, knows nothing of the True Creator, it' like children on a school yard, my God is better than yours, there is only One Creator, call what you want Allah, Tetragrammaton, Ashim, The Mighty Walkatonken, must we fight and argue, I have a Irish back ground and the whole thing is stupid.
Well Judgement day is coming we will see what happens when this is all creared up, we'll see who wants to throw rocks and burn people up then.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by General.Lee

So I have the power to grant Muslims the right to kill anyone? I'm an Atheist. I hate every religion on Earth and fell all religion is evil. You must be one of those Pro Christians who view Christianity is (how can I say this without being sarcastic?) "perfect".
Why Christianty is Evil
Problems with Islam
The Dark Bible

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Loki Lyesmyth

Yeah I agree, there is plenty of beauty in Africa's heritage and culture, all very diverse and wide spread. But unfortunately there is also wide spread chaos going back for ages. If the Rothchild family or the Rockefeller family or countless other tycoon monster corporations decided to spend a little bit of their vast wealth in sorting Africa It could be done.

But instead they rape the land and Its people

Things have to change.

Thanks for your input in this thread, hope to bump into you more often on ATS

Cheers,

-TechUnique
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I've been in a lot of places around this planet, and some of them were horrible, and I've seen horrible things. I saw some happening in front of me, and I saw the consequences of others.

Children mutilation, rape, bullying of whole villages (and some places, bullying means cutting your feet so you stay helpless in the middle of the street) and all that sort of things you hear about, you see in movies, but are very rare to go through the average joe.

Some people see this stuff on the internet, in those websites that promote that type of content, others think that's sick and never watch them. But the people who do watch them, gain a different view of the world. A world that isn't filtered by your news at 6...

Some people deal with it, and simply understand that some places in the world are simply horrible. Others ignore it, and complain about mundane thing's (compared to this type of event) that affect them. And that's just fine, not everyone has a heart to deal with this type of cruelty.

From all the things I've seen, and through the pages of History, I managed to draw a conclusion. To some, this is something obvious, but to most, isn't... At least, the real weight of it isn't present.

Violence is always related to ignorance and uneducated people(plural, as in society).

If you look through History, you will see that in Europe, the massive violence stopped (for the most part, at least) around the time people started to get a basic education. When people started to read, to develop their intellect and to understand and learn about the world, things started to calm down.

We learned about understanding, and comprehension. We saw that we are not alone in the world, that there are other cultures, just like us, but at the same time, very different. Even through that discovery process, we made mistakes. Slavery is one of them. But, if people are willing to learn, they are also willing to understand and care, because inevitably you will learn that the people who you bring suffering upon, aren't all that different from yourself.

That's why you see barbaric things in countries that can't afford to educate their people, and that's why you see so many remarkable people from this cultures, when they get an education and travel the world. Excluding my family and my close and loved friends, the people who I utterly respect and have a huge admiration, are all people who come from difficult countries and cultures, that got and education and found out about the world. They are the most peaceful people, the most respecting, and most of all, they still have memories of dark events in their life time.

To us, this is a shock. Burning someone is heart breaking, whatever they have done. There are punishments for actions, and there is cruelty. This is cruelty, this is insanity.

Why do people do this? Because they don't know better. They can't read the most beautiful books in the world. They can't read Shakespeare and learn about Romeo and Juliet and how love can change you and make awesome things. They can't read poetry from many countries, they can't even read their own history.

What do they have left? That priest that knows how to read, and speaks to hundreds of people in a village. The vision that those people have of the world, is the one given to them by their priest or their uneducated culture.

Given them education, care about them, and all is different. Meet a exchange student from Africa, or Eastern Europe, or from a poor area of Asia, and I guarantee you that you'll meet the most extraordinary people.

Which brings me to a small fear that I have:

Most modern and developed societies (US, many in europe and Asia) are going back to ignorance. The youth is letting go, bit by bit, their knowledge past, and although we have kids that are even more remarkable than our best and biggest leaders, they are also becoming a minority. People are being dumbed down, and I fear that people will start to emerge violence again.

The US is the worst case. You all know this is true. You see the kids in your schools, you see your youth and you watch the reality in your country (US) and you can tell that people are stopping caring, and are getting more ignorant. Not by choice, but because things are being lead that way.

The responsibility for change is on the shoulders of those who still care. And the american people needs to allow their society to open doors to people like JFK and M.Luther King. They aren't rare. It's just rare that people allow such strong personalities to get into places they can make a difference.

When I was in a military history class, back in the recruit, during a lesson about the relationship of soldiers and the occupied cultures, my instructor said something to us that I never forgot, and lead my way when I was stationed in other countries: If you are willing to learn about them, you are willing to love them.

Best regards.

P.S.: Don't be afraid of how nasty the world can be. Be afraid of not making something to change it.
edit on 28/10/10 by Tifozi because: typo

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

You should explain this to the illuminati (annunaki) they have fallen to satan, anyone know if this place is hell or what... and also, what happends to them when they fall? do they have to serve satan?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Some say Vicarious isnt that the Truth !!...

Stop the Sugar Coating of Life... and Start The Reality of Life...

TOOL - VICARIOUS [Un-Official Video by T.Bone] Posted .. APRIL 20 2006

Christians

Spanish Inquisition the musical

Famous Salem Witch Trials

Witches
Here ya go People ! With INFO!! Explained !
Kenyan elders killed in witch-hunt - 26 Dec 09

Luckily i didn't put Sarah Palin's Witchcraft Exorcism Video LOL

But you want something that is Worse than the Kenyan Witch Burning !

This is what you got to see!!
Jesus Camp!! Ths most disturbing video ive seen
This Disturbing Video Reminds me of Jim Jones & the Peoples Temple ! And We know what happen to that Group! 900+ Deaths of Cyinide KoolAid

Misguiding Children to Hate... and Die for Jesus Jesus Soldiers and Death to Harry Potter!!
Ive seen this Documentary I dont really see the difference of Satan Worship and this ! except One !

They Say Jesus instead of Satan ...

Crazy Christian Camp For Children

Jesus Camp Extract Praise Bush
www.youtube.com...

Jesus Camp - Evangelical Children
(Note) Scarier than Satan Worship Rituals ! Seriously)

(Note) On Topic ! For Those Videos Above
Those Children going to be the Witch Hunters of the Near Future..!!!
The New Witch Finders General's !!

Did Christine O'Donnell Go to these type of Jesus Camps!! ? it looks like she did in that Anti Masturbation Video of the 90s but She dabbled in Witchcraft ? Obviously She doesn't understand that Witchcraft is all about NATURE Worship.. Jeez ..

Any Who ..

Thank Goodness we Americans have separation of Church and State ...

edit on 28-10-2010 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

You are still assuming it was Christians fault for the incident in the opening post, did I miss something?

When I see post like these I see someone with just as much hate for Christians as you seem to think they have for everyone else,

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
There is a war going on for the minds and hearts of mankind, the battlefield is the internet, the propaganda is from all sides.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

This is not evil. It is simply primitive human beliefs at work. The multitude of people in the background made no move to help. I can only assume that they thought it was a good thing. It is very likely that the people involved in the burning believed that they were protecting themselves from evil.

I can look at the video from my western, first world perspective but I choose not to do so. While the act is terrible the underlying motivations may not be. I am not going to judge people on a different continent with different beliefs and outlooks on the world.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

Thanks Tifozi for sharing your perspective with us. I would say you have hit the nail on the head when you blame ignorance for violence. I share your fear that the US and other developed areas of the world are being "dumbed down" and thusly are made ripe for an increase in violence as well.

In spite of the denial by some here, there is no doubt that churches seem to have an investment in keeping people ignorant and thus willing to follow blindly their "leadership". Yah right
What is the difference between African tribespeople beating others accused of witchcraft and religious extremists in America calling for the death of all gay people, or celebrating the deaths of soldiers? There is none.

Sure, religion only provides an excuse for some to carry out violence that has other causes, but ignorance lies at the root of it all.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by Wolfenz

You are still assuming it was Christians fault for the incident in the opening post, did I miss something?

When I see post like these I see someone with just as much hate for Christians as you seem to think they have for everyone else,

Yeah you missed the Whole Big Wide Picture ...

The Sons of Abraham Jews ,Christians, Muslims Look into the Past of Influence of the 3

Hunting , Killing , and the Force of Converting People From Paganism From their Worship of their Gods !
The Crusades Still Continue even Within The Christians Own Branches Catholic & Protestant Go Ask the IRISH Please do SO ! & Research the History Ireland Now there's a Start! Another you can search is American Indians ,, and the Great Saint Joan of Arc as I Posted Before..

Spanish Inquisition
en.wikipedia.org...

Witch Hunting
en.wikipedia.org...
Death By Burning
en.wikipedia.org...

The Advisers of Kings & Queen's and the Ones in Power in the Last Millennium were High Priests from the Christian Order nothing was Passed with out their say SO ! ...

‘Witches, possessed’ flock to Kenya pastor Lawrence Omambia
www.religionnewsblog.com...

Looks like a lot of Kenyans from the Kisii district are Christians .

Well you did not miss this ?

Sarah Palin Linked Her Electoral Success to Prayer of Kenyan Witch Hunter
www.alternet.org...

ohh here;s the Video i wasn't going to post it, .. to make a Point ! here it is! Enjoy!

Raw Video: Palin Saved From 'Witchcraft'

A video on her hometown church website shows Gov. Sarah Palin being blessed three years ago by a Kenyan pastor who prayed for her protection from 'witchcraft' as she prepared to seek higher office. (Sept. 25)

Just Imagine IF this Woman Actually became Vice President! !
as Follows Christine O Donnell... Next in Line i hope not ...
edit on 28-10-2010 by Wolfenz because: IF

edit on 28-10-2010 by Wolfenz because: missing title to a link

link   
There was once a time when religion controlled almost every aspect of a persons life, this time was called the dark ages. Displays like these were common.

link   
Double Post Opps
edit on 28-10-2010 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

Maybe we are the blind leading the blind.

WE should question everything especially our own motives, really what motivates you?

What motivates me/you, do we honestly post information to spread truth, or to create discord?

Do you know many, if any, missionaries from the west that support witch burning?

edit on 083131p://bThursday2010 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

They most definitely do not teach that! Don't make assumptions about Christianity when obviously all you know about it is some nutso stereotypes. The Bible doesn't say murder the wicked. Thats not our job. And different cultures see witches different ways, it's not always about religions, let alone the Christian religion. This is what happens when someone wants to comment a situation but they have nothing intelligent to say so they take a whack at religion.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by plipu

Looks like you over look a lot of verses in the Bible and calling me a liar is saying your belief in life is a lie. I use the Bible against Christians.
Murder in the Bible

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by Wolfenz

Maybe we are the blind leading the blind.

WE should question everything especially our own motives, really what motivates you?

What motivates me/you, do we honestly post information to spread truth, or to create discord?

Do you know many, if any, missionaries from the west that support witch burning?

edit on 083131p://bThursday2010 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

Present Past What Century !? Sure a lot of Witch Torture & Death but any Recorded Burning
Not that i Know of Just Hanging & Exhuming Drowning Executed-- as the List Below (Link Provided) doe not say how they were killed just the word executed as there is a recording of 36 Executed ,, who knows about the Tortured or Imprisoned of what Happened to them ..

but of Europe I say yes

The Past

Historical Witches and Witchtrials in North America
www.personal.utulsa.edu...

Early Modern Past

KKK Witch Hunt (African-American) Hunting Lynching Hanging ! Well Cross Burning and Lynch Burning!
Especially the Ones that Practice Voodoo Mostly in Louisiana

Lynching in the United States(Note some Graphic Hanging )
en.wikipedia.org...

"Strange Fruit"

Among artistic works that grappled with lynching was the song "Strange Fruit", recorded by Billie Holiday and written (as a poem) by Abel Meeropol in 1939.

Southern trees bear a strange fruit,
Blood on the leaves and blood at the root,
Black bodies swinging in the Southern breeze,
Strange fruit hanging from the poplar trees.

Pastoral scene of the gallant south
the bulging eyes and the twisted mouth
scent of magnolia
sweet and fresh

then the sudden smell of burning flesh

Here is a fruit
for the crows to pluck
for the rain to gather
for the wind to suck
for the sun to rot

for the tree to drop

Here is a strange