It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witch Burning in Africa (Extremely Disturbing Video)

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Witch buring in Africa, Murder in Los Angeles for a few bucks in a wallet, is one worse than the other. Is the religion of money and crime less evil than Africans. Do we put up posts here about abortion and the killing of innocent babies in the USA, Australia, UK.... civilized countries ???

Bashing of a homosexual in the U.K. Burning of Christians inside a church in Indonesia, The killing of Muslims by other muslims, killing whole families over drugs in Mexico. Public sex with 14 year olds in Japan.

What a bunch of hypocrites we are to condemn an African nation for barbarism with so much appalling behaviour in our own backyard.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by 001ggg100

Ha, you fool, you've just become like those you hate! Eliminate them becuase it offends you?, and then someone eliminates you becuase your retribution offends them?, just like a witch offended these people.

Hypocrite in the extreme you are (yoda inference)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
You know at the risk of being flamed I have to say these videos sure do not live up to the way they are being billed.

I can't honestly say they were trying to kill these people after watching them and am not convinced it wasn't some kind of other bizarre native ritual.

They certainly didn't seem to plan out burning some one alive well.

Burning the leaves of slender tree branches is not really going to you know reduce anyone to ash.

The only screaming I heard was from the people doing the burning and not the ones being burned.

Even the one man sitting with his shirt on fire seemed utterly dissapointed by the effect and rather unimpressed.

No one actually died in that video and if they kept trying to use that kind of green fuel with out any kind of propellant I doubt anyone even ended up with third degree burns.

Not to be rude but most of you make pitiful conspiracy theorists.

When you learn to look at these things in detached, non emotional, non religious ways, where your reaction isn't your agenda and perspective on life, then you really do see something entirely different.

No one was burned to death in those videos and I seriously doubt the way they were going about it anyone was burned to death.

This might actually have been some kind of trial by fire, similiar to fire walking, where people walk on hot coals, it might have been some kind of gauntlet or rite of passage, but these just were really not executions.

OP seriously as the resident Roman on the site, when you are promising the spectacle of death by burning, try to live up to the billing!

Lions, hungry lions, now there is the ticket!

Popcorn, get your popcorn, peanuts, peanuts, hot dogs, hot dogs.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Ah, but death by burning is such an emotive topic, those in my neck of the woods still resent Rome 500 years after similar events. So the next few weeks around here won't be complete without the "no popery" banners and reminders of the auto de fe... still unlike you I wouldn't want to watch such a vid or take the risk of seeing others suffering* in such a awful way and am therefore grateful for your honest review of what this particular video contains

*have worked as a temp assisting pathologists, and although have seen every part of a human, inside and out can not stand to see humans suffer.
edit on 26/10/10 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
As others have pointed out, this is quite normal human behavior...
We burned witches in my country, here in the EU, not that long ago as well.

I think the people who gets sick from watching this, should wake up and understand what humans really are.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
It's sad to see this happening today. This is what Christian Churches teach people. Puff the Religion of Peace my but!

I'm getting tired of reading your constant bashing of religion in every other thread here. Especially the petty lies you spew against the Christian faith in particular.

Ms. Rebel, the Christian Church in no way condones this type of thing. Think before you speak, if you can, & maybe for once you will come out looking as if you know a thing or two about which you rant.

We get it: you're an Atheist, & I can dig it...

BUT with your almost daily bantering about being one, & the self-righteous (oh, & not amusing to anyone but you) attacks on the faiths of others who are respectful to your beliefs, you really come off looking more fanatical than the ultra-Christian loonies.

You're better than NO ONE. Let that sink in...

Peace.

ETA: You spelled "BUTT" wrong. Try rebelling against bad grammar.
edit on 26-10-2010 by susp3kt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Yes you are going to get flamed! Be thankful it isn't in the manner of the video.

This might actually have been some kind of trial by fire, similiar to fire walking, where people walk on hot coals, it might have been some kind of gauntlet or rite of passage, but these just were really not executions.

What kind of right of passage involves being struck with a large stick over and over again only to be followed with being thrown into burning brush???

Your premise is crazy. I noted in my earlier post that the attempt was ever more brutal because they didn't have sufficient fire to cause a quick death.

Your cavalier attitude is pretty disgusting IMHO.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
if they are witches then they deserved every single beating and every single burn. sometimes that's the only way to deal with witches and get them to stop the evil they are doing to other people. they commune with satan and his evil army and cause an untold amount of harm. i wish that on every witch, warlock and sorcerer on earth. if they are guilty then i consider that an act of self defense.
edit on 25-10-2010 by randomname because: (no reason given)

Thank you for proving the point so many have tried to make through this thread. Don't forget to include in your bonfire the blacks, the illegal immigrants, the gays, the liberals, the feminists, the atheists, the Muslims and the "fake" Christians. Afterward, feel free to inherit the earth!

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno

Yes you are going to get flamed! Be thankful it isn't in the manner of the video.

What kind of right of passage involves being struck with a large stick over and over again only to be followed with being thrown into burning brush???

Your premise is crazy. I noted in my earlier post that the attempt was ever more brutal because they didn't have sufficient fire to cause a quick death.

Some not purely effected by emotion would conclude that they didn't have sufficient fire to cause a quick death because they were not actually looking to kill anyone with the fire.

In fact you don't know the context in which the video was shot at all or ended in death.

That is simply an assumption not supported by any evidence provided in this thread.

Since the video concluded with no one having recieved anything but superficial burns, with no type of fire, or fuel for a fire present that would have been sufficient to result in death, and there is no corresponding news paper article or video news account to officially signify death occured, then you really are basing that conclusion on a tremendous assumption.

It's pretty clear that no real preperations had been made in advance to execute these people, so its a pretty cavalier attitude to suggest that the people were just too dumb to know how to burn someone to death.

Or how to start a proper fire.

While I am not an expert on tribal custom, I do know enough about building fires, not to use green unseasoned wood, as it takes a tremendous amount of propellant over a prolonged period to dry out enough to actually burn continuously on it's own.

These people were not tied nor bound in any way, and this simply does not look like an execution.

No one certainly died in the videos, and you have no way to prove anyone died as a result of that.

The actual thread should be hoaxed with out some kind of proof, as there is absolutely no proof either that they are being accused of being witches either.

All you have is a video title on live leak to suggest that they are witches since the people speaking in the video are not speaking any language commonly spoken on ATS.

What I do see is a lot of people here on ATS bashing various religions, promoting various religions, and decrying an event that there is NO EVIDENCE to suggest actually is the event being described.

So based on common evidentiary standards from ATS to Courts of Law, I reject the emotional outrage some would employ to make a case for a wide range of agendas and causes, based on an event that they are misrepresenting wholesale.

If you are claiming four people are being burned to death, and want to prove that you need some real proof that actually occured.

At best as things stand right now you have a case of assault.

The video in no way shape or form proves a murder(s) took place, or even suggest a murder could take place based by the method being used.

For all you know the video ended right there because the Town Sherrif came along and everyone ran away, and the people were being attacked for stealing something, not for being witches.

This is simply yet another poorly researched event based on poor video evidence, that the Original Poster used emotion instead of fact to make his case.

Habeas Corpus (produce the body) is a fundamental legal protection in the Western World, this is an insuficient body of evidence to prove the claims being made.

Without evidence that death has occured there can be no charges of murder.

Meanwhile a plethora of emotional driven posters have used it selfishly to promote their own religious and political causes and to bash one another, and insult one another.

Seriously some people really need to get a clue, the site really is about people doing quality research and investigation.

What you imagine happened next to these people is just that, what you imagine happened next.

edit on 26/10/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: spelling

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

You are right. I've just got done reading "One Second After" and "Lights Out" and if TSHTF ever happened there would be hordes of people running amok. I've seen people do horrible things just to maintain a 9-5 cube jobe, wouldn't even want to think about having to try to survive a post appocalypse senerio.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

So you look at a video of elderly and middle aged people being dragged accross the ground by their feet, beat with sticks over the head and back, kicked into burning fires and otherwise set alight as signs of them being honoured in a right of passage? Who is jumping to ridicuous conclusions?

We do know that the burning of people suspected to be witches does in fact still happen in Africa. That suggests that this video could indeed be an example of that practice. No emotion required to come to that conclusion.

Eleven elderly people accused of being witches have been burned to death by a mob in the west of Kenya, police say.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

I have no idea what is going on in the video and stated that many other things might be at play.

Further that article is not related to the video being presented, so it is not proof that these people were burned alive or burned as witches.

Further the article you are linking is not proof that the people allegedly murdered there were murdered either for being witches.

What police say ultimately has to be proven or disproven in a court of law.

The people in the article you are linking might have been murdered for other reasons such as tribal infighting (happens frequently in Africa) or to reduce the population because of limited food stocks and other vital resources since they are elderly and no longer have a value to the tribe. The excuse that they were killed as witches might be covering up another crime, including driving a small group of people off their land on behalf of a oil or ore or mineral mining company which also happens all the time in Africa.

The plain simple fact is the video displayed through the opening post does not show anyone dying.

Nor does it prove in any way what led to the occurence.

Nor does it actually provide any real context of what is going on.

We simply have a title on live leak, a video that does not display what the title claims, an emotional appeal by the original poster and a lot of political and religious posturing and emotional outpourings by a number of posters drawing fixed conclusions on scant evidence.

Either way, you could not make a case for murder in a court of law off of these videos, and that's just the plain simple truth.

It's just yet another of a increasing number of poorly researched, emotioal venting threads that really offer nothing particuarly informative or factual, based on a video that doesn't substantiate any of the conclusions in a conclusive fact driven way.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by susp3kt

This video sums up my comment to you.

I'm at a loss as to why you used a video of Simon C./American Idol as a crutch when responding to me. Not surprising in the least though.

Can you not formulate your own reply? I assume your reply to me consists of the "funny" facial expressions used in said video?

In a sarcastic manner.

Obviously.

I'm proud and I will always be proud to be an Atheist.

Trust me, I'm not doubting your pride in Atheism. Which is why I said, "I can dig it" in my last post. To each their own. Respect my belief and I'll respect yours.

What Christian Church are you talking about here? You must be talking about those Liberal Christians who only believe in the "Good" Bible verses. John: 3:16 yay!

The present day church babe. And when I say "church", I mean the body of people that make up the religion. Evidently you think that they operate the same as they did in say 1400-1500.

Let's broaden our horizons and live in the now, mmkay?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by susp3kt

Yes, I was being sarcastic. We need humor in our livers. Now that we have an understanding let's say we can respect one another before we butt heads.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Kinda sad humans tend to do stuff in this matter, poor souls.

Maybe they were criminals getting their punishment.

Debating each other are Taboo, shutting people up quick and easy is the fashion these days.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
You know at the risk of being flamed I have to say these videos sure do not live up to the way they are being billed.

I can't honestly say they were trying to kill these people after watching them and am not convinced it wasn't some kind of other bizarre native ritual.

They certainly didn't seem to plan out burning some one alive well.

Burning the leaves of slender tree branches is not really going to you know reduce anyone to ash.

The only screaming I heard was from the people doing the burning and not the ones being burned.

Even the one man sitting with his shirt on fire seemed utterly dissapointed by the effect and rather unimpressed.

No one actually died in that video and if they kept trying to use that kind of green fuel with out any kind of propellant I doubt anyone even ended up with third degree burns.

When you learn to look at these things in detached, non emotional, non religious ways, where your reaction isn't your agenda and perspective on life, then you really do see something entirely different.

No one was burned to death in those videos and I seriously doubt the way they were going about it anyone was burned to death.

OP seriously as the resident Roman on the site, when you are promising the spectacle of death by burning, try to live up to the billing!

Lions, hungry lions, now there is the ticket!

Popcorn, get your popcorn, peanuts, peanuts, hot dogs, hot dogs.

Hey. You do make some very good points. Although I believe that the reason the fire was not substantial enough for the supposed job at hand and also the reason the people were not tied up was this;

Prolonged agony. (Maybe to teach a lesson to these people and to everyone else watching)
Also, you ever heard stories of "Witches" getting thrown off cliffs? If they fly they are witches, If they die they are not.

I can definitely see what you mean by the ritual idea but I believe that this video had way too much of a negative, derogatory and humiliation kind of vibe. Especially seeing as they were not tied up and if they left the fire they were thrown back in.

You'd be surprised , I didn't make this thread to bash any religion or find any conspiracy, It was simply to raise awareness of the issue

Thanks a LOT for your input you have put this thread back on track. Star

-TechUnique

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Originally posted by wayno

Some not purely effected by emotion would conclude that they didn't have sufficient fire to cause a quick death because they were not actually looking to kill anyone with the fire.

In fact you don't know the context in which the video was shot at all or ended in death.

That is simply an assumption not supported by any evidence provided in this thread.

Since the video concluded with no one having recieved anything but superficial burns, with no type of fire, or fuel for a fire present that would have been sufficient to result in death, and there is no corresponding news paper article or video news account to officially signify death occured, then you really are basing that conclusion on a tremendous assumption.

It's pretty clear that no real preperations had been made in advance to execute these people, so its a pretty cavalier attitude to suggest that the people were just too dumb to know how to burn someone to death.

Or how to start a proper fire.

While I am not an expert on tribal custom, I do know enough about building fires, not to use green unseasoned wood, as it takes a tremendous amount of propellant over a prolonged period to dry out enough to actually burn continuously on it's own.

These people were not tied nor bound in any way, and this simply does not look like an execution.

No one certainly died in the videos, and you have no way to prove anyone died as a result of that.

The actual thread should be hoaxed with out some kind of proof, as there is absolutely no proof either that they are being accused of being witches either.

All you have is a video title on live leak to suggest that they are witches since the people speaking in the video are not speaking any language commonly spoken on ATS.

What I do see is a lot of people here on ATS bashing various religions, promoting various religions, and decrying an event that there is NO EVIDENCE to suggest actually is the event being described.

So based on common evidentiary standards from ATS to Courts of Law, I reject the emotional outrage some would employ to make a case for a wide range of agendas and causes, based on an event that they are misrepresenting wholesale.

If you are claiming four people are being burned to death, and want to prove that you need some real proof that actually occured.

At best as things stand right now you have a case of assault.

The video in no way shape or form proves a murder(s) took place, or even suggest a murder could take place based by the method being used.

For all you know the video ended right there because the Town Sherrif came along and everyone ran away, and the people were being attacked for stealing something, not for being witches.

This is simply yet another poorly researched event based on poor video evidence, that the Original Poster used emotion instead of fact to make his case.

Habeas Corpus (produce the body) is a fundamental legal protection in the Western World, this is an insuficient body of evidence to prove the claims being made.

Without evidence that death has occured there can be no charges of murder.

Meanwhile a plethora of emotional driven posters have used it selfishly to promote their own religious and political causes and to bash one another, and insult one another.

Seriously some people really need to get a clue, the site really is about people doing quality research and investigation.

What you imagine happened next to these people is just that, what you imagine happened next.

edit on 26/10/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: spelling

Yet again, you make some good points.

ALTHOUGH, PLEASE DON'T forget the fact that there are PEOPLE being burned here, (Quite seriously burned in my opinion) beaten, expected to stay in the fire (If they move they get beaten more and thrown back in) . Picture yourself in this situation. Would you want someone telling people they shouldn't be discussing about it and projecting positive energy because there is no video evidence of you actually dying? This is torture and it is bad enough.

=/

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

A very realistic opinion of the video.
Star for you and

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by susp3kt

I love this post! Now you know why I miss the ignore
feature!
Everyday,same thing over and over,the only difference