It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 2010 Bay Area UFO expo. Dr. Roger Lier, Giorgio Tsoukalos...etc. Will you be there?!?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Hello fellow Ats'ers. I just realized that the 2010 bay area UFO expo is right around the corner. October 30th -31st at the Fairmont hotel in San Jose to be exact. I did a quick search for this topic and didn't find it posted. If it has been I apologize and expect the mods to react accordingly.

www.bayareaufoexpo.net...

I've never been to one of these expo's (actually I've never been to a UFO convention of any kind). I see that the admission prices can be quite pricey but I am very interested in attending. My question is, have any of you fellow UFO enthusiasts been to one of these expos and is the content usually worth the admission costs?

The lineup of speakers seems really good. The guests include...

Dr. Roger lier
Robert O. Dean
Richard M. Dolan 
Col. Charles Halt
LESLIE KEAN
Paul A. LaViolette
Jason Martell
Nick Pope
Giorgio A. Tsoukalos
Robert Perala
Ruben Uriarte

and special guests
John Rhodes
Cyd Rice
Jordan Maxwell
Bret Leuder
Steven Halpern

So, who is going to come through and support the UFO and extraterrestrial community? I'll be there.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I'm on the opposite end of the country so I won't be able to make it. I just wish I could so I could see up close the amazing UHO (Unnerving Hairy Object) that is on Giorgio A. Tsoukalos' head.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
They have neither the ET or the UFO they ride in.
Seems how can they all talk about them is an impossibility.
Yet I suppose they will not disappoint.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Zoodie

I swear. When I was watching the ancient aliens series that hairdo of his was more paranormal then the ancient astronauts themselves.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
How did Bob Dean get onto that seemingly legitimate list?

2nd......

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by IllMannered

Hi,

I think that if you go, it would be great if you could start another thread and report on the Expo experience was like , for all of us ATS members who won't attend ( I live in Australia, I think that is a good excuse for not making it.
).
Just an Idea, I know I would appreciate that, I am guessing some other members would too.

Anyway, have a good time. I hope you will be able to share your experience at the expo with us here at a later date.
edit on 23/10/10 by atlasastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

Definately will do. I will have my casio exilim on hand as well, so if I am allowed to I will take some video and some pics to upload here for my fellow ladies and gentlemen of ATS.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I won't be there, but I'll want to hear all about it. So yeah, make a thread after!

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Hmmm.. I think I will try to make it down there from Sac for that!
Thanks for the heads up on it!

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Cool. Will look forward to your report.
Send me a U2U when you have it posted.
Cheers.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

No problem. I'll do my best to post an informative thread for everyone that can't make it: I'm going to attend the cocktail party as well so maybe ill be able to get a few flicks with some of the speakers. If anyone makes it out to the expo don't hesitate to come up and say hi. I'll be the friendly 6'8" fella with a beautiful woman on my arm.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

Will do. I'm really interested in hearing Dr. Lier speak about that piece of supposed UFO shard. I hear it's some pretty amazing material.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Not going to be there. I'm sure we'll have the option to buy the DVD though...as always...

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by IllMannered
Will do. I'm really interested in hearing Dr. Lier speak about that piece of supposed UFO shard. I hear it's some pretty amazing material.

So am I

Here is some preliminary info so you can ask him

Close Encounters: Proof of Alien Contact
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And in this post
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I expect a full report in triplicate on my desk when you return

It's a good expo wish I could go back... last time I went was August 25-26, 2007

Mark Allin, John Lear Dave Rabbit and Johnny Anonymous

We even had a Beauty Contest

Ali Lear

And some official Tin Foil Hats... funny thing though, seems few in San Jose knew about those

When your up there make sure you drive up to the Famous
James C Lick Observatory
Mt Hamilton, San Jose, CA

The road up will scare the heck out of ya but its well worth it

www.thelivingmoon.com...

edit on 24-10-2010 by zorgon because: Classified

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I must confess. I have lived at the foothills of south San Jose for many years and have never driven up to the lick observatory. It's always been on my list of things to do though. I see it up there just about everyday and I always tell myself I need to go.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by IllMannered I see it up there just about everyday and I always tell myself I need to go.

What is really odd is the Ghost story they tell when getting the tour of the old scope... Lick is buried beneath the scope and when the ceremony was being held two raven's beat on the dome of the observatory....

What was really weird was just as she told us that... two Ravens beat on the dome...

Wendy Hansen was the lady who gave us our tour... and sure enough just as she was talking about Jame's Lick tomb beneath the scope there was a very loud knocking on the dome... The fellow standing next to me said out loud "What the heck is that?' To which my daughter burst out "Oh it's just the Ravens!" Wendy just smiled.

So this was an erie start of an interesting trip...

when we went outside to the car, the two Ravens were sitting in a tree

Quoth the raven, 'Livermore'

In this observatory the whole floor moves to accommodate astronomers

The road is 'scary' because it is steep and winding with no barricades on the downhill side and no shoulder at places and it's only 1 1/2 lanes wide. The people coming down tend to use the center of the road
and from the drivers seat there are spots that you cannot see the edge of the road.

You will love it
This is the easy part

Johnny Anonymous applied a little of his errr 'charm' and got us in to see the Shane telescope and some inside scoops...

edit on 24-10-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

If you have never been to a UFO expo before as you stated, I have to break it to you. You will be witness to the most embarrassing thing you have ever been a part of. You can't understand why I say this without actually going, but afterward if you don't agree then I would say your mind is a little too open.

The shear amount of tin foil hat cooks, useless vendors doing whatever they can to pedal complete junk, and boring after boring "presentation" from the usual suspects touting the same stuff over and over, with a few tidbits (that turn out to be nothing, trust me) thrown in so they can say before hand if you show up they have something "new to present".

After you leave, you will feel ashamed for contributing to the idiotic circus of a conference that does nothing but make us all look like complete IDIOTS.

"UFO" conferences are a joke.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
After you leave, you will feel ashamed for contributing to the idiotic circus of a conference that does nothing but make us all look like complete IDIOTS.
"UFO" conferences are a joke.

Well they are more fun then listening to the same old grumpy rhetoric some people feel the need to repost over and over. Perhaps one day people that make post like that will realize they are spitting into the wind

PS Still have some nice JL/ATS tin hats availlable

edit on 24-10-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Well I'm planning on being there..

Can't wait to hook up with Nick Pope and others..

Hopefully will meet ip and see a few of ya if you make it..

Johnny

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous
Can't wait to hook up with Nick Pope and others..
Hopefully will meet ip and see a few of ya if you make it..

Dang you still alive?
Haven't heard from ya in a long time... busy huh?

Nick Pope... yeah I have questions for him... but I am sure you have that covered

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join