It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Moon an Artificial Satellite? Look at This.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by fnulnu
reply to post by v3_exceed

Pretty sure my post was clear about collision theory being just that - theory. It is a best guess as to how the moon formed, and at no point did I say it was the absolute case. That said, the lion's share of my post drew from proven facts, not opinion.

Anything posted on a forum like this, is opinion. Your writing provides that you are convinced, but it is your opinion.

That the moon was once molten and had active volcanos is irrefutable - you can see the evidence by looking up. Both the age of the moon and the Earth have been calculated by uranium-lead dating of rocks from the surface of each. The dating provides strong cut-off points for rocks from both surfaces, which allows us to know when each formed an outer crust. Same goes for the dating of the moon's impact craters through samples, and most of them are dated to about the same period of heavy bombardment. Evidence supported by dating of strikes on Earth and Mercury as well. These are facts, not opinion.

Nothing of what we know of science is irrefutable. I personally detest that word. Just because something "looks a certain way" doesn't make it that way. Taking a sampling of materials from a moon in space, that has been bombarded by asteroids for eons is not definitive. Further to that, "they" have hardly tested "most of them". They have found elements that do not exist on earth in a natural state and they did find the age of the moon to be much older than earth. Also I am not aware of any manned missions to Mercury that returned samples.

That the moon is moving away from Earth is also fact. Astonomers use lasers reflected from mirrors on the lunar surface to measure the distance, and the moon is moving away at a measurable rate. Common sense dictates that in the past it was closer and in the future it will be farther away. Fact, not opinion.

Yes, it is a fact that the moon is now moving away from us. When did it begin moving away? How close was it previously? If gravity were holding the moon captive per se, then how is the moon breaking that bond? Of course we see the effect of the moons gravity by the tides in the ocean, so there is a force that must be overcome for the moon to increase it's distance from us.

The dynamics of the Earth/moon interaction are also supported by physics, or a trip to the beach. Also fact, not opinion. This is a measurable and observable interaction.

As for sources, I'd recommend Google - type 'moon'. There's enough factual info available, in support of everything I posted, to keep you occupied for a year.

When you post information stated as fact, it is not up to me to prove that it is incorrect. It is up to you to provide sources that lend credibility to your concept, idea or whatever. Earlier I did post a source to provide more information of what we "know" about the moon. The real truth is "We don't know". We can speculate, we can even suggest forcefully, but in the end, we don't know. Had you read the source I provided, you would see where I'm coming from instead of just taking issue with me exposing what you had written as your opinion.

..Ex

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeriq

Bravo, I really enjoyed reading your post. Sometimes we take scientific theories as if they're based on proven facts.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
The moon is not likely to be safe but if it is it's probably one of the biggest conspiracy in the history of the world. But if the moon is fake think what else could be the other planets, the sun, the earth. Let's hope the moon is real.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

That smart I never though of that.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by GammaRayBurst
I've always wondered why the craters on the moon weren't very deep.. Compared to the Arizona crater which was created by a 50 yard wide meteorite the craters on the moon are many many times wider yet their depths don't correlate to what you think a meteorite that was able to make such a wide crater would have penetrated into the moons surface.

well, wouldnt larger meteors and other debris be attracted to the larger planet (earth), and not her moon?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Like i have stated on my other moon thread, i got some photos i will be willing to share with ya,

The moon has acted very strangely in my city.
I will be posting them in my gallery here at ATS, posting them in imageshack.

edit on 24-10-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
My hypothesis. The Moon doesn't seem to be as damaged by large meteors because it doesn't have as much gravity to increase the impact.

And as for the tidal lock orbit. The Moon has more mass on the far side. So the centrifugal force pushes the heavier side of the Moon away from Earth. That would be more likely than some random chance.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
please tel me this whole thread is a parody of the extreme lack of scientific literacy in the united states.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood
please tel me this whole thread is a parody of the extreme lack of scientific literacy in the united states.

Nope.

One could post links, scientific journals, white papers and very easy to understand explanations for all of the "unexplained" phenomenon on the moon, and I guarantee more than a handful won't even read or so much as click on a link if it is contrary to their beliefs.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by rajaten
reply to post by i am just saying

oh hai dere fellow crimefighter

The moon is acting really weird lately. There is a huge media blackout on the subject right now.

Media Blackout Regarding Earth And Moon Orbital Changes:

______beforeitsnews/story/229/227/HUGE_media_blackout_regarding_Earth_and_Moon_orbital_changes.html

Most everything posted at "Before it's News" is by extremely disturbed individuals..... The loon who posted that article says in a reply to someone who actually believes the article posted there, and I quote "[I]I have a ride scheduled to evactuate this rock. His name, for the moment, is Yeshua, Jesus Christ. And there is plenty of room for those who overcome![/I]

The guy is a follower of Rapture; those disturbed individuals who want humanity to end as soon as possible in order they may ascend to and live their lives in Heaven with God...... His replies at BIN and links to some other site he refers readers to are liberally scattered with religious rants and gnashing of teeth.....

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The “Moon”: A Ridiculous Liberal Myth

It amazes me that so many allegedly “educated” people have fallen so quickly and so hard for a fraudulent fabrication of such laughable proportions. The very idea that a gigantic ball of rock happens to orbit our planet, showing itself in neat, four-week cycles—with the same side facing us all the time—is ludicrous. Furthermore, it is an insult to common sense and a damnable affront to intellectual honesty and integrity. That people actually believe it is evidence that the liberals have wrested the last vestiges of control of our public school system from decent, God-fearing Americans (as if any further evidence was needed! Daddy’s Roommate? God Almighty!)

Documentaries such as Enemy of the State have accurately portrayed the elaborate, byzantine network of surveillance satellites that the liberals have sent into space to spy on law-abiding Americans. Equipped with technology developed by Handgun Control, Inc., these satellites have the ability to detect firearms from hundreds of kilometers up. That’s right, neighbors .. the next time you’re out in the backyard exercising your Second Amendment rights, the liberals will see it! These satellites are sensitive enough to tell the difference between a Colt .45 and a .38 Special! And when they detect you with a firearm, their computers cross-reference the address to figure out your name, and then an enormous database housed at Berkeley is updated with information about you.

Of course, this all works fine during the day, but what about at night? Even the liberals can’t control the rotation of the Earth to prevent nightfall from setting in (only Joshua was able to ask for that particular favor!) That’s where the “moon” comes in. Powered by nuclear reactors, the “moon” is nothing more than an enormous balloon, emitting trillions of candlepower of gun-revealing light. Piloted by key members of the liberal community, the “moon” is strategically moved across the country, pointing out those who dare to make use of their God-given rights at night!

Yes, I know this probably sounds paranoid and preposterous, but consider this. Despite what the revisionist historians tell you, there is no mention of the “moon” anywhere in literature or historical documents—anywhere—before 1950. That is when it was initially launched. When President Josef Kennedy, at the State of the Union address, proclaimed “We choose to go to the moon”, he may as well have said “We choose to go to the weather balloon.” The subsequent faking of a “moon” landing on national TV was the first step in a long history of the erosion of our constitutional rights by leftists in this country. No longer can we hide from our government when the sun goes down.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Khaaaaaan!!

It's tidally locked...
your not ignorant ,just unaware.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

It amazes me that so many allegedly “educated” people have fallen so quickly and so hard for a fraudulent fabrication of such laughable proportions. The very idea that a gigantic ball of rock happens to orbit our planet, showing itself in neat, four-week cycles—with the same side facing us all the time—is ludicrous.

justadood, you are looking at this from the wrong way around.

The monthly or 28 day cycles of our calendars are taken FROM the cycles of the moon. We follow the moon's cycle, it does not follow ours.

edit on 24/10/1010 by Krusty the Klown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Yes, I know this probably sounds paranoid and preposterous, but consider this. Despite what the revisionist historians tell you, there is no mention of the “moon” anywhere in literature or historical documents—anywhere—before 1950.

P.S. To add:

I think you might need to recheck this fact.
edit on 24/10/1010 by Krusty the Klown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Krusty the Klown

my apologies.

i thought the sarcasm was transparent.

that entry was not mine, but a re-printing of something i have come across on the tubes.

it is satire.

i do not know its origin.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

LOL, sorry dude....

I've read many posts on ATS where comments like those are quite sincere.

Cheers

Krusty

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

It amazes me that so many allegedly “educated” people have fallen so quickly and so hard for a fraudulent fabrication of such laughable proportions. The very idea that a gigantic ball of rock happens to orbit our planet, showing itself in neat, four-week cycles—with the same side facing us all the time—is ludicrous."

And yet, our solar system is filled with natural satellites that do exactly this. It's called tidal locking, and it is general rule to these objects and not the exception. (Or I suppose Pluto and Charon are also artificially locked by megastructures crafted by a space-faring ET race...)

A change in rotation rate is exerted which tidally locks a body to a larger body and is caused by the torque applied by the smaller body's gravity on bulges that it has induced on larger one by tidal forces. It's all bulge dragging and torque. This is grade-school physics, for crying out loud!

Furthermore, it is an insult to common sense and a damnable affront to intellectual honesty and integrity. That people actually believe it is evidence that the liberals have wrested the last vestiges of control of our public school system from decent, God-fearing Americans (as if any further evidence was needed! Daddy’s Roommate? God Almighty!)

...what are you talking about? This reads like a political ramble.

I don't even think I can quote the rest as it has more to do with politics than anything regarding space exploration.

Yes, I know this probably sounds paranoid and preposterous, but consider this. Despite what the revisionist historians tell you, there is no mention of the “moon” anywhere in literature or historical documents—anywhere—before 1950.

Seriously? Did you really just type this?

EDIT: Aaah! Got me!
edit on 24-10-2010 by Adept_Zero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

You do know that you will see this quoted as "truth" on threads in the future?
Just saying.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

are you saying it's not?!

clearly you work for the PTB and want to discredit the TRUFE!

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
If the moon causes the tides due to its gravity pulling on the Earth, does that mean that the far side of the moon would have a higher gravity due to the earth and the moon gravity working together, seeing as gravity from the earth is always pulling in the same direction on the moon ? Any one get what I mean?
If this is true wouldn't it make sense that the high gravity on the far side could hold an atmosphere?
Also why would it be round if there is a constant pull from Earth in one direction, shouldn't it be severely egg shaped?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join