It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you like about America?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
As a people we generally don't seem very positive.

I don't know if it's always been that way or if I am just noticing things more these days.

Is there anything good about this country that you would like to share?
edit on 23-10-2010 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Nothing really? I just don't have faith in this country any more and I could care less if the United States was no more. We turned our backs on our principles, American politics is nothing more then a childish game, Americans spend their time on sill things then improving their lives, our governments are crooked, the rich own us, people are going on more welfare and there is so much more I can say.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

America has some of the best to offer, but also the worst - its a shame the latter outweighs the former 9:1 (this is a consistent ratio in just about everything america does - IMO).

Hollywood is a prime-example.
edit on 23/10/10 by ghostsoldier because: little bit of re-wording

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

At this point nothing, and I feel the same way about the human race, everyday I see examples of why our species should be wiped of this planet forever!

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I honestly like Mc-Donalds.

I don't care if you guys say it is unhealthy, yara yara yara, I freagin love it, and I'm damn skinny, seriously, I eat Mc-Donalds and I'm skinny.

Double Cheese Burger ummm
Big Mac ummmm

I love much more, but Mc-Donalds come to my mind first.. America has many fantastic qualities.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I like the ideals that America is based on. Do I think these ideals have ever been executed? No. The dream is a lie. Its just a shame that it has to be that way.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
i think america is such a beauitful country just a shame about the people

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I like America because, I can carry a loaded pistol.
The local sheriff has more power then the President.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 19rn50

I believe you can carry a loaded pistol in any country. Mexico, Somali?
Are you missing the latest issues of gun enthusiastic magazine?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
America is a beautiful country, aside from all these guy cities. Places of government and civilization is what makes America undesirable, too many people, too many problems. Give this continent back to Mother Nature.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImAnAlienOnMyOwnPlanet

Nothing really? I just don't have faith in this country any more and I could care less if the United States was no more.

So what will we leave to our children?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

What do you mean? They have the world and themselves to look forward to. Sorry to be negative here. Times change and countries will collapse and then bring on a new government.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I used to love visiting America, I have been to LA, The Grand Canyon, Death Valley and Yosemite National park, I have also been to Florida and most recently a chilly windy week in Chicago.

I love how friendly and welcoming most people are. It seems like people are genuinely pleased to engage with you. Compare this to England where most of us are actually quite reserved, it makes such a nice change.

America is a beautiful country, with some of the most stunning sites on the planet. Americans are lucky to have such a beautiful and diverse country.
edit on 24-10-2010 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

join