It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mighty Greenback, It has saved us before...It can Save Us Now.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

The Mighty Greenback

It has saved us before...It can save us again.

A not so famous man, Colonel Dick Taylor, showed Abe Lincoln how to save the country once. We should heed his advice now.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/04dbaa4b27d6.jpg[/atsimg]

Predictably Lincoln, needing money to finance his war effort, went with his secretary of the treasury to New York to apply for the necessary loans. The money changers wishing the Union to fail offered loans at 24% to 36%. Lincoln declined the offer. An old friend of Lincoln's, Colonel Dick Taylor of Chicago was put in charge of solving the problem of how to finance the war.

His solution is recorded as this. "Just get Congress to pass a bill authorising the printing of full legal tender treasury notes... and pay your soldiers with them and go ahead and win your war with them also."
Colonel Dick Taylor

When Lincoln asked if the people of America would accept the notes Taylor said. "The people or anyone else will not have any choice in the matter, if you make them full legal tender. They will have the full sanction of the government and be just as good as any money; as Congress is given that express right by the Constitution."

Lincoln agreed to try this solution and printed $450 million dollars worth of the new bills using green ink on the back to distinguish them from other notes.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f6c8d5dfa211.jpg[/atsimg]

Now the situation today is similar to Lincoln's time, the country needed money to finance a war and pay back debtors.

"The government should create, issue and circulate all the currency and credit needed to satisfy the spending power of the government and the buying power of consumers..... The privilege of creating and issuing money is not only the supreme prerogative of Government, but it is the Government's greatest creative opportunity.

By the adoption of these principles, the long-felt want for a uniform medium will be satisfied.

The taxpayers will be saved immense sums of interest, discounts and exchanges.

The financing of all public enterprises, the maintenance of stable government and ordered progress, and the conduct of the Treasury will become matters of practical administration.

The people can and will be furnished with a currency as safe as their own government. Money will cease to be the master and become the servant of humanity. Democracy will rise superior to the money power."

Read more on the history of money...open your eyes.
www.xat.org...
www.geeman-headquarters.com...
www.iamthewitness.com...

(Thank you DrMattMaddix, you have opened my eyes.)

edit on 23-10-2010 by i am just saying because: code

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
good idea but wouldent that make the problem worse? and make the value of the dollar drop?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Isn't the solution used during the Civil War the same problem we have today? If we printed more money than we already are we would just fast forward to the point of hyper inflation.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by i am just saying

So instead of the usual tax and spend we now just print and spend eh?
Lousy way to run a Government if you ask me...

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
It would practically wipe out the deficit overnight plus much more...

In the money changer's own words from a London Time's article 1865

"If this mischievous financial policy, which has its origin in North America, shall become endurated down to a fixture, then that Government will furnish its own money without cost. It will pay off debts and be without debt. It will have all the money necessary to carry on its commerce. It will become prosperous without precedent in the history of the world. The brains, and wealth of all countries will go to North America. That country must be destroyed or it will destroy every monarchy on the globe."

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I would recommend a little reading of the links I posted, I thought the same as you until I read up on the subject.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
The difference is Lincoln was looking for financing within the states. This is a world market in trouble. The same thing could be accomplished if the Fed nomalised the dollar, resetting it so to speak; all they'd have to do is fix the exchange rate. Then Congress could initiate tariffs raising the cost of foreign goods.
But that would exasperate problems with the rest of the world.... catch 22.
edit on 10/23/2010 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
S&F for you, good point and well spoken. I read an article a short while ago which I can't recall right now, but in that article the man basically said we should hyper-inflate the currency and then drop a new currency to reset the debt back to the beginning of this whole thing. Since of course we would be able to simply print our way out.

However no matter how much I read into it I can't really come up with any kind of knowledgeable opinion on the matter, except for the arrogance of saying we are the United States and are capable of figuring it out. We started this money system, we can surely correct some of the issues it is currently having in one way or another.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerForLight

The monetary system of the U.S. is based on a british/european model.

The european/british banking system was one thing the colonies were trying to escape when they revolted against the crown.

It doesn't matter what the rest of the world thinks about monetary reform now,any more than it did before,it has to be done before things get a whole lot worse.

Maybe that's why there are rumours of the white house trying to get rid of Obama,it is really the only thing that could be done to fix the problem,to throw out the current monetary system I mean,and a whole slew of other things along with it.

The monster is back,it needs to be killed again.

edit on 23-10-2010 by chiponbothshoulders because: Missed something

edit on 23-10-2010 by chiponbothshoulders because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

You would still be a slave to the Fed and paying for every dollar printed. The key is to get rid of the Fed and their debt ridden dollar.
The money changers need to be driven out.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

One problem you seem to be forgetting, and it is a major issue that Lincoln did not have to worry about.

The people who the US owe money too.

Do you really think China will sit idol, and let the US print its way out of a foreign debt?

Some how, I don't think it will.
China can simply dump all its US portfolio of treasuries if the US devalues that asset by printing, effectively destroying the Dollar as the entire Globe will rush to get rid of a worthless asset.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

First of all "back in the days" is not the same as modern day, money no longer is backed by gold, is back by oil since the 70s, one of the reasons why the American dollar has no collapsed yet.

In today modern day economies we are link globally, already the government prints money like toilet paper and the burden of debt accumulated by our national deficit is pass on to the tax payer for generations to come.

What you are proposing has already been abuse in modern day America by our own government at the expenses of tax payers.

If the economic collapse in the last two years has not showed you what a mess our economy is I guess you didn't pay much attention at what the elite in charge did. . .

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

Fortunately, I am a firm believer in Isolationism and could give a rat's booty what China thinks. They can accept the greenback as payment or not, their choice.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Again, as I politely advised another member, please read up on the issue.
You are comparing printing up Federal Reserve notes which brings us further into debt every time one is printed.
This is a completely different way of thinking that doesn't involve the Fed or the Gold/oil standard.
It is so obviously simple that it befuddles people.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
There is a problem with this though. 2 presidents have done this before. Lincoln and Kennedy. Both got shot in the head. Free money being printed apart from the Big Banks pisses too many people off. I say go for it since all money is counterfeit anyways..

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Just expect to start keeping track of the victims that come from it's implication.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I understand your sentiment, and even though it seems outdated and ignorant.
The US participated to benefit from being part of the Global economy and so you cannot just decide to isolate yourself when it benefits you, especially when it comes at a cost to all others.

You still have to deal with the ramifications of that cost to others.
You seem to want to ignore that.

Wether you care about China or not is irrelevant, China and the entire world care about the value of the US dollar. This is the problem you face and Lincoln did not have to deal with this at all.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANSPHAR
There is a problem with this though. 2 presidents have done this before. Lincoln and Kennedy. Both got shot in the head. Free money being printed apart from the Big Banks pisses too many people off. I say go for it since all money is counterfeit anyways..

Well in THAT case, this administration should definitely do it!
(jk)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I might agree with you there.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
What if 25 trillion dollars were printed up and shoved into the American economy? Where would it wind up and who would be the main beneficiaries? Pay off the debt? That would be around 13.7 Trillion.

Of course, every family citizen in America would receive around $175,000
That'd be nice, wouldn't it? Let's do it. What the heck do we have to lose? You have to agree that this has got to stop.

China's no big deal. America doesn't even owe them a trillion.

edit on 23-10-2010 by momoney because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join